Who is the most feared striker in MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is the most feared striker in MMA?
Next Page »
POLL: Most feared striker in MMA...
Anderson Silva 6% (4)
Chuck Liddell 27% (19)
Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic 61% (43)
GSP 0% (0)
Wanderlei Silva 4% (3)
Other.. 1% (1)
Trapt1nw0nder
4/9/07 9:33:58PM
i have heard all of these mentioned as "the most feared" strikers in MMA....who do you think is the most feared? regardless of weighclass.

pv3Hpv3p
4/9/07 9:43:32PM
I think I would have to go with Mirko... Or someone that has crossed over from K-1... That's them folks's bread and butter and there is no one better...

Maybe Yamamoto, but it's hard to tell because he is so much smaller than CC...
xthe_scottx
4/9/07 9:44:06PM
I went with Cro Cop since he not only has great hands but also has great kicks. Silva is good but I don't think he has fully established himself the way Cro Cop has. Liddell is a close second IMO though because I don't see anyone with better hands right now.
BIGKAT
4/9/07 10:08:14PM
Judging by the string of knockouts...Chuck Liddell
Trapt1nw0nder
4/9/07 10:35:55PM
I went with Liddell too...i just think his style is leathal...CroCop is close second,but i just think Liddell is more willing to eat some to give some so its hard to do anything to stop him
Gladiator
4/9/07 11:28:00PM

Posted by BIGKAT

judging by the longer string of knockouts... mirko cro cop
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/9/07 11:28:39PM
Shogun!
Trapt1nw0nder
4/9/07 11:37:55PM
i should of replaced GSP with Arlovski
ac_gi
4/9/07 11:55:53PM
This is a toss up between Chuck and CC. I think I'll go with Chuck only because I believe is sprawl is better. Therefore, I would "fear" his strikes a little more.

The ability to keep the fight standing has to contribute to the Fear Factor .
ncordless
4/10/07 12:02:41AM
Cro Cop... i've seen opponents take a couple of iceman's punches before. When's the last time anyone stayed up with a full HLK from Mirko?
Trapt1nw0nder
4/10/07 12:22:34AM

Posted by ncordless

Cro Cop... i've seen opponents take a couple of iceman's punches before. When's the last time anyone stayed up with a full HLK from Mirko?

Mark Hunt..
ncordless
4/10/07 12:41:37AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ncordless

Mark Hunt..

Good Call... so now we just need to let chuck punch Hunt in the head and we will know for sure!
BIGKAT
4/10/07 12:45:50AM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by BIGKAT

judging by the longer string of knockouts... mirko cro cop

BIGKAT
4/10/07 12:47:49AM

Posted by ac_gi

This is a toss up between Chuck and CC. I think I'll go with Chuck only because I believe is sprawl is better. Therefore, I would "fear" his strikes a little more.

Good call, Chuck does have some of the best take down defence in all of MMA....which would definitely contribute to the fear factor
Pinkalicous
4/10/07 1:22:47AM
The Iceman is at the top but CC is very close behind.
JunCTion
4/10/07 1:34:02AM
GSP s vote is for serra

seriously. i know you want the most feared.

but id like to know how many KOs (not TKOs) have come from non strikers

theyre not feared and theyre sometimes laughed at for their stand up skills or lack there of and no one in their right mind would predict it to happen.

thats what makes it so shocking.

serra > gsp
sanchez > riggs (i was sure he would win, but not that way)
sandman > martin (most boring 1st rnd ever/2nd rnd 1 of the best KOs ever.
any other fights?
We_Todd_Did
4/10/07 5:17:51AM
I voted CC, since we're talking about most FEARED striker.Liddell may be more likely to knock you out, but CC is more likely to leave ya eating through a straw.I don't fear being ko'ed as much as I fear being seriously maimed or disfigured.
hippysmacker
4/10/07 6:02:44AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I voted CC, since we're talking about most FEARED striker.Liddell may be more likely to knock you out, but CC is more likely to leave ya eating through a straw.I don't fear being ko'ed as much as I fear being seriously maimed or disfigured.

I agree, feared is a whole different thing. If Chuck ( #2 most feared IMO) KO's somebosy i always expect them to wake up. With Cro-cop kicks sometimes I;m actually worried they won't.
Mastodon2
4/10/07 6:53:12AM
CC for sure. Chuck has some serious punching power, but so does Mirko. Chuck's punching seems a little wild, but when he catches the one, he just goes all out hoping for the knock out, whereas Mirko never wastes one single punch, and that high kick is just devestating.
pv3Hpv3p
4/10/07 9:34:01AM

Posted by ac_gi

If you want to see CC's sprawl... Watch the Coleman fight... CroCop has the most lightning quick sprawl I have ever seen...

Although I will hand it to Chuck... His sprawl isn't as quick, but he can just stand up... You can't hold him down...

I agree with Hippysmacker... Chuck KO's fools and they wake up... When CC kicks them you really start to wonder... I thought he killed Igor in their fight.... That and I think he just has that cold air about him (CC that is)...

I know Big Nog took a left head kick as well as Hunt... But I think I remember Eddie Sanchez taking a LHK off the top of his head, anyone agree?
warglory
4/10/07 9:39:20AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by ac_gi

If you want to see CC's sprawl... Watch the Coleman fight... CroCop has the most lightning quick sprawl I have ever seen...

Although I will hand it to Chuck... His sprawl isn't as quick, but he can just stand up... You can't hold him down...

I agree with Hippysmacker... Chuck KO's fools and they wake up... When CC kicks them you really start to wonder... I thought he killed Igor in their fight.... That and I think he just has that cold air about him (CC that is)...

I know Big Nog took a left head kick as well as Hunt... But I think I remember Eddie Sanchez taking a LHK off the top of his head, anyone agree?

Yes, Eddie took a hit, but I think it was a grazing kick. It woke Sanchez up for sure though.
Mastodon2
4/10/07 10:07:17AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

know Big Nog took a left head kick as well as Hunt... But I think I remember Eddie Sanchez taking a LHK off the top of his head, anyone agree?

Yeah Sanchez took a LHK without being totally out, but it grazed his crown rather than hitting flat in the side of the head.
AchillesHeel
4/10/07 10:30:30AM
Cro Cop and Liddell are essentially tied, in my mind.

Even though the OP stated "regardless of weight class", I have to give Cro Cop a marginal edge over Chuck Liddell because he's been fighting heavyweights. Simply put, all heavyweights hit fairly hard, just by virtue of mass, so the bar is set a little higher. Cro Cop is a feared striker among heavyweights. If Chuck moves up a weight class, as he's apparently considered doing, he'll lose a little bit of his edge in punching power, relative to his competition (we won't know whether it's enough of a difference to matter until/unless he actually tries it - Wanderlei Silva did pretty well at Heavyweight until he ran into Cro Cop).

Also, Takanori Gomi should be in the poll. I would probably put him 3rd, behind Cro Cop and Liddell.
PW
4/10/07 5:25:46PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I agree, feared is a whole different thing. If Chuck ( #2 most feared IMO) KO's somebosy i always expect them to wake up. With Cro-cop kicks sometimes I;m actually worried they won't.

I agree. Crocop's high kick actually seems quite dangerous. Look at the Igor KO, that was worrying. Crocop can also really hurt you to the body as well as the legs. I don't see a Liddell punch knocking Hunt off his feet.

Liddell is good at knocking out wrestlers where as Mirko has knocked out great strikers such as Remy Bonjasky, Sam Greco and Mike Bernardo and has also beaten Jerome LeBanner, Peter Aerts and Mark Hunt in K1 fights. I don't see Liddell lasting too long against any of those guys. I know who I'd rather fight.
hook_tothe_body
4/10/07 5:57:57PM
I said Anderson "The Roy Jones of MMA (or Spider, whatever you want)" Silva.

I know in the fighting world Cro Cop and Liddell are the most feared. But if you're a 185 or 170 pounder, you don't have to fight Liddell or Cro Cop, so you fear Silva.
Mastodon2
4/10/07 6:44:32PM
I know he isnt exactly most the most feared, but Igor Vovchanchyn was a devastating striker in Pride, espescially after he moved down from HW to MW.
fedorwins1
4/10/07 6:59:54PM
Cro Cop def. has to be who wouldn't be scared of that LHK
gcraig22
4/10/07 7:08:04PM
Chuck Liddell is the most feared because he will hit you multiple times. In his fights the opponent isn't hit just one time, try 10-15 punches in a matter of seconds.
Stickan
4/10/07 7:25:42PM
Sokoudjou!!

j/k... I'm not on that bandwagon just yet.

CC to me is the cleanest and best striker in MMA.
shawneth
4/10/07 8:31:17PM
I have to go with Cro Cop. The best example is Eddie Sanchez vs Cro Cop. WOW was the kid ever scared. I think it is alittle more scarier having to think about that devastating LHK from Cro Cop because you dont know if its going for your body or for your head. Alot harder to defend then a Haymaker from Chuck Liddell. Chuck has got to be second place for most feared though.
Pages: [1] 2