Favourite Coach on TUF?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Favourite Coach on TUF?
Boo_Radley21
11/9/07 10:11:23AM
I saw the topic about the most annoying coach on TUF so far. So I thought I'd see who the favourite has been. Mine is Pulver. Everyone else comes across as annoying except Rich. But I didn't really like him as a coach either. Least favourite overall was BJ.
garrick
11/9/07 10:19:01AM
I love watching Serra rag in Hughes with his great impressions.
But he's not the greatest coach. I would have to agree that Jens was the best coach, he had a good feel for his guys.
tuvok500
11/9/07 10:25:14AM
Tito Ortiz was my favorite coach by far !!

go Tito !!!

Rich78
11/9/07 11:14:12AM
I agree that Tito made the best coach, the way he seemed to actually care about and tried to help his team, unlike some others, who seemed to be in it for themselves.

Was surprised as that wasn't what I was expecting from him at all beforehand.
Yaknowhaimean
11/9/07 11:23:17AM
I also think Tito and Jens were the best coaches. I'd have to say Shamrock was one of the worst (on the show)
richieb19
11/9/07 11:44:32AM

Posted by Yaknowhaimean

I also think Tito and Jens were the best coaches. I'd have to say Shamrock was one of the worst (on the show)

Shamrock did come off pretty bad, but then again he picked a team of quitters and editing also plays a major role. I would say Jens looked like he did the best, but then again who really knows anyways...
KissMyBallz
11/9/07 12:43:22PM
A toss up between Serra and Tito. I guess i like Serra cause I'm a native Brooklyn guy and can understand his perspective and his occasional New York impatience with some of his guys. Tito because of his work ethic and his genuine desire to see his guys succeed.

Serra is a pleasant surprise to me as I'm sure everyone. I mean nobody thought he was gonna be where he is today and I would not at all be surprised if he's so in Matt Hughes head that he just lays Matt out in December. After all, Matt said it himself. "This game is @ least 50% mental". IMO it's 90/10 with Serra 90% in Hughes head to 10% of Hughes current ability to defeat Matt physically.
scoozna
11/9/07 12:56:57PM
Tito - I didn't like him before that season, but he impressed me as a person and coach.

stock
11/9/07 1:02:14PM
By no means is Tito my favorite fighter, but he did seem like the best coach. He really got into his guys and tried to develop them. He also tried to bring in a wide variety in talent in his assistant coaches.

Worst coach so far was definitely Ken Shamrock (IMO)
themmadigest
11/9/07 2:36:07PM
Tito did a real good job and so did Jens.
Yaknowhaimean
11/9/07 2:41:00PM

Posted by richieb19
Shamrock did come off pretty bad, but then again he picked a team of quitters and editing also plays a major role. I would say Jens looked like he did the best, but then again who really knows anyways...

Right, I agree. Of course this doesn't mean Shamrock's a bad coach in real life, just how he came off on the show (editing / fighters / etc factored in heavily of course).
Rezen
11/9/07 3:46:02PM
Mine is Serra. The guy is an awesome coach and teacher.
BigEvil
11/9/07 4:07:58PM
I have to say Tito, just because i didn't like him until I saw him coach on the TUF. I thought he did a great job. Hughes sucks, I like Serra, St. Pierre, and Franklin.
Franklinfan47
11/9/07 5:03:19PM
TheLegend
11/9/07 5:30:21PM
I think Tito did the best job, Jens and Serra are tied for 2nd and Shamrock by far did the worst job. I think BJ just picked the wrong people because some of his fighters wouldn't listen too anything he would say.
jgordon85
11/9/07 10:20:42PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Yaknowhaimean

tito did a good job of coaching i thought that shamrocks guy were better but tito coached them to a win in the fight. like josh haynes i do not think he should of made it to the finals a good fighter though. some of serra's guys did not seem like good fighters but he coached them and gave them a game plan to win.

randy and chuck were good coaches of the first season they taught those dudes a lot.
hippysmacker
11/10/07 3:04:08AM
Although I thought at the time Randy would make a better coach, I have to say Chuck. Randy seemed to be trying to teach them his style. Chuck seemed to be helping the fighters improve their own more. I beleive Randy has become more well rounded and a better coach since then though.
Btews22
11/10/07 8:22:45PM
matt the terror serra