Favourite K-1 fighters!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Favourite K-1 fighters!
Mastodon2
7/13/07 8:45:08AM
Who are your favourite K-1 fighters, and what makes you like them above all others?

Pick your top 3, go go go!

1. Buakaw Por Pramuk

This guy is the epitome of Muay Thai, and as a Nak Muay is perhaps my biggest inspiration. He is fantastic at nearly every aspect of his game, and is one of the aesthetically pleasing fighters to watch in the world.

2. Jerome Le Banner

Absolute tank, nuff said! This guys hands are so good, kicking and knees are an afterthought to him, he only throws them when nessacary, and doesnt engage them all that often, because his hands are so heavy most people are seeing stars before he kicks them. He has charisma, stlye and power, he is the best thing to come out of france!

3. Cro Cop (even though we'll never see him in K-1 again)

This guy came out of nowhere, with the best LHK in the world. Some people ragged on him, and still do, for not having the top pedigree, but he dominated so many of K-1 top names, and though he never beat Hoost to prove he was, at least for a time, the very best, he did destroy Bob Sapp, something that Hoost found impossible on both occasions. His hands were ace, never a punch wasted, chipping people away with a snipers accuracy, waiting for their hand to slip and them wham, it was all over in one big LHK!
Stickan
7/13/07 8:53:50AM
1. Martin Holm
Swedish

2. Mike Zambidis
A beast

3. Rickard Nordstrand
Swedish

4. Andy Souwer

EDIT: totally forgot about Souwer. He's a beast as well. I love his punching combinations.
Good reminder punisher.
thepunisher
7/13/07 8:59:13AM
#1 Aerts
#2 Buakaw
#3 JLB
#4 Kid
#5 Souwer
kmansoori6
7/13/07 9:24:12AM
I would have to say that my favorite of all time would also have to be 1.)Buakaw. He is so quick on the draw with his lead leg kick and, of course, he is thai and that makes him so much better at the sport than most others. 2.) I would have to say my second favorite would be manhoef, he uses the typical quick high low combo used by so many dutch nak muays. His hands are fly at light speed and his kicks chop like a lumberjack. 3.) My third favorite would also be Cro Cop, I feel that he was almost more badass in K-1.
Mastodon2
7/13/07 9:29:40AM

Posted by Stickan

1. Martin Holm
Swedish

2. Mike Zambidis
A beast

3. Rickard Nordstrand
Swedish

4. Andy Souwer

EDIT: totally forgot about Souwer. He's a beast as well. I love his punching combinations.
Good reminder punisher.

I just watched Buakaw / Souwer at the 2006 finals, Souwer got demolished bad like. I blame it on the silly pants!

I'll have to watch more of his videos, see what he is all about as a fighter. There is nothing I like more than analysing a fighters style and trying to spot weaknesses, favoured targets and combos etc
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
7/13/07 9:39:55AM
Technically I have to go with Buakaw, but for entertainment purposes Ray Sefo, and Manhoef. Gotta love people with great chins and powerful hands.
GDK
7/13/07 11:34:47PM
HOOST
Northrend
7/14/07 3:54:38AM
Buakaw!!!

Kid if we talking MMA K-1

Signal2112
7/18/07 10:54:56AM
Mark Hunt is my favourite K-1 fighter, as well as being my favourite mixed martial artist. Always a pleasure to watch, so strong, so tough and so stylish!

However, Buakaw, Bonjasky, Cro Cop and Le Banner are all amazing too!
LHK
7/25/07 2:35:03AM

Posted by Signal2112

Mark Hunt is my favourite K-1 fighter, as well as being my favourite mixed martial artist. Always a pleasure to watch, so strong, so tough and so stylish!

However, Buakaw, Bonjasky, Cro Cop and Le Banner are all amazing too!

Hunt is a "mixed" martial artist? Sorry, had to get that one in there.

Anyway, my vote goes CC...one of the best of all time in K1, only Hoost can claim superioty, and even then, CC's destruction of Sapp almost negates that.

Andy Hug was incredible, have yet to see anyone fight the way he did.

Mastodon2
7/25/07 6:04:05AM
Hunt is actually becoming quite a good Mixed martial artist, if you saw him battling against Hidehiko Yoshida, or even surviving for 7 minutes or so against Fedor on the ground, Im sure you'd agree that he is coming along.
cowcatcher
7/25/07 8:28:09AM
the roufus bros, they are americans and from milwaukee which makes them hometown favorites of mine, not to mention they have tons of titles between the 2 of them. maybe not as exciting as others, and not as much "k-1" experience(theyve done a lot of kickboxing stateside) but im a homer.
juanez13
7/29/07 2:14:55PM
andy hug for sure, juss watching him throw those axe kicks......also jerome lebanner,Buakaw, and

Peter Aert- u gotta see his fights!
pv3Hpv3p
7/29/07 8:05:49PM
Gotta go with the big three:

Hoost...

LeBanner...

Aerts...
fizz
7/31/07 12:05:12AM
1.Andy Hug
2.Buakaw
3.Aerts