Who would you favour if Mir vs Carwin happened

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who would you favour if Mir vs Carwin happened
POLL: Mir or Carwin?
Mir 32% (8)
Carwin 68% (17)
TheReem2012
12/26/11 12:05:17PM
sometimes later next year? Mir has looked good in his last 2 fights and Carwin will have been away from a long year (and without momentum anway, coming of two losses). Yet he can really bang and Mir is always questioned about how well he can handle pressure. Who would you fancy in a rematch later on in 2012 and would it make sense with the current landscape of the division or not?
ajp10k
12/26/11 12:14:54PM
I'd take Mir in a rematch.
SmileR
12/26/11 12:19:34PM
I'd take Carwin in a rematch. I don't think Mir will ever be able to handle a big wrestler with KO power. Also Carwin could probably punch though a tank if he wanted!
Lesnar1
12/26/11 12:44:35PM
Considering the way the last meeting between these two ended and how tenative Mir looked in the stand up department recently against Nog, i'd go with Carwin. But if Mir can somehow get it to the ground, either if he's on his back or on top, than I think he'd have a decent shot at subbing Carwin.
Twenty20Dollars
12/26/11 12:52:44PM
The fight starts standing, Mir is more confident standing. Also Carwin won't be looking a submission if he rocks Mir. Also Mir doesn't have the best chin, with all his losses coming by TKO.
FastKnockout
12/26/11 1:20:04PM
Too soon for me to pick against Carwin in a rematch. Two or three years, yeah there's probably huge differences, but Carwin vs. Mir wasn't THAT long ago. Mir hasn't looked impressive in his last few wins anyway aside from submitting Nog, and even then Nog had him knocked out until he went for the submission.
jae_1833
12/26/11 1:33:03PM
Style, fighters type, fights histories.....its all adds up to Carwin having Mir's number. Sorry, I love Miracle but the guy gets nearly knocked out in every fight against a solid striker.
BigCountryFedor
12/26/11 1:51:27PM
Just dont see how Mir gets him down and doesnt get ktfo in the process.

Carwin is submittable so maybe it isnt his worst matchup but pretty close to it.
Budgellism
12/26/11 2:04:06PM
Styles make match ups and this style match up equals:

Chael_Sonnen
12/26/11 3:55:17PM
Rinse and repeat....the same result as last time.
TheReem2012
12/26/11 4:34:40PM
Fast Knockout, You don't think he looked good against Nelson? I know Nelson is hardly top 10 but he's capable and Mir dominated him evreywere. I thought that was one of the more complete and versatile heavyweight showings in a while, was a complete exhibition for Mir. I think some people are annoyed he didn't finish Big Country, but he's just a tought tough dude.
tcunningham
12/26/11 4:45:19PM
its really hard to say, carwin has had multiple surgeries with a very long layoff. he's also in his late thirties i believe. mir has been looking good and if he can turn it into a ju jitsu match he could get the submission. i think it would all comedown to what carwin comes to the octagon with, and can he perform at the top level after the layoff and surgeries.
Budgellism
12/26/11 7:23:10PM

Posted by TheReem2012

Fast Knockout, You don't think he looked good against Nelson? I know Nelson is hardly top 10 but he's capable and Mir dominated him evreywere. I thought that was one of the more complete and versatile heavyweight showings in a while, was a complete exhibition for Mir. I think some people are annoyed he didn't finish Big Country, but he's just a tought tough dude.

Those knees he was connecting with were brutal. I agree. I thought it was a great showing from Mir. Nelson is a hard dude to finish. JDS was hitting him with everything he had and there was no sign of Nelson being put away. The guy is a tough son of a bitch and not being able to finish him should not really affect the way people think about Mir or his performance in that fight.

With that being said though, Mir's biggest weakness is a guy with a lot of power that will put it on him early and often. That's what Carwin is all about.
Theoutlaw08
12/27/11 10:43:36AM
I'd take Mir this time around