Favorite WWF wrestlers/moments

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Favorite WWF wrestlers/moments
kopower
7/29/08 9:38:02PM
I was a huge wwf wrestling fan when I was a kid. Who were your favorite wrestlers and moments back in the day?

I went crazy when the Ultimate Warrior came running down to help the Hulk out. Still gives me goosebumps today

Link
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/29/08 10:27:03PM
yeah when i was 13 i must admit i was waaay into WWF. and 3 letters...

H B K
tdietel01
7/29/08 10:52:32PM
good thread!!
i have so many fav. memories.......

when the honky tonk man challenged anyone to come down and beat him and the ultimate warrior killed him in like a minute was a good one.

anytime the ultimate warrior came out lol

anytime the legion of doom came out.

first appearance of the undertaker at survivor series

first time kane came out and tore the door off of the cage!!!

the NWO in thier prime was good too.
Aaronno9
7/29/08 10:59:20PM
The build up to the casket match between the taker yokozuna, when it kept cutting to the undertaker and paul bearer in that shed in the graveyard and taker was in the background building the casket, its absolutely ridiculous to watch now but i thought it was awesome at the time.

Also, when Bret and Owen lost the tag team title match at a royal rumble and owen turned on Bret after the match and messed his leg up, but Bret entered the royal rumble later anyways and drew with lex lugar. Awesome.
Shawn91111
7/29/08 11:00:28PM
The debut of the Shockmaster (aka Tugboat from his WWF days )
LINK

As a kid I was a big Andre The Giant fan..so his matches vs Big John Studd were good.
mrsmiley
7/29/08 11:03:34PM
The warrior for me as well.Especialy the promo him and Hugan did for Summerslam.

When Kane finaly spoke and announced him,Hulk Hugan,and the Rock were gonna lay the smack down with all the Kanenites.

When the NWO first incountered Stone Cold Steve Austin

Kurt Angel,mocking Stone Cold,brings a milk truck out to the ring.

Undertaker VS Mankind in "Hell in a cell"

Bret Hart's blood bath with Steve Austin

Hulk Hugan battling the Undertaker for the first time

The formation of the Rock & Sock connection.

Too many for me to name.Can't say any of them came from the stuff they do today though.
bigbubbano23
7/29/08 11:12:45PM
prolly when hulk hogan went from good to nwo. even though he turned into a jerk he was still awesome. or anytime rey mysterio and ultimate dragon faced each other.
Twenty20Dollars
7/29/08 11:34:30PM
These were when i was into wrestling it was prolly WWE by now, but when brock lesnar and the big show broke the ring.

or when stone cold dropped triple h in his car from a forklift like 15 feet in the air

or when shane mcmahon jumped like 30ft off the arena sign on to that other guy who i cant remember his name.
kopower
7/29/08 11:56:10PM
Yeah, I got back into it a bit with the rock and stone cold a few years back.

The Rock

Man I could keep going with these

Link
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/30/08 12:00:25AM
Does anybody remember that Armageddon Hell in a cell match. You had 5 of the greatest ever(Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Triple H, Rock, Austin) and Rikishi . But still was pretty crazy to watch those guys together in one ring.

Also, the Stone Cold and Booker T angle in the supermarket was funny shit!

Link
jiujitsufreak74
7/30/08 12:10:01AM
Hell in a Cell...Undertaker...Mankind...greatest performance the WWE/WWF has ever seen!!!!!

Mick Foley almost died when he was thrown from the top of the cell and the Undertaker did a great job improvising the rest of the match with a near unconscious Foley. to this day Mick says he doesn't remember anything after the fall and the whole time we had no idea that something wrong just happened. it is my favorite moment in wrestling and the most memorable imo.

Highlight
Boo_Radley21
7/30/08 1:55:13AM
I think it was HHH, The Rock, Austin, Rikishi, Undertakerand Kurt Angle...but I could be wrong on Angle. But they all had a hell in a cell and Undertaker threw Rikishi off onto a truck full of hay. That wins for me.
Mungooch
7/30/08 3:45:40AM
ATTITUDE ERA!!!!!!!! Thats all I need to say. But the thing i loved most was Crash Holly and the 24/7 Hardcore Championship rules.
DevonFoxy
7/30/08 9:08:21AM
HBK coming down from the rafters for his Ironman match at WM. That was amazing.
Link

Also the match between Brett Hart and The British Bulldog in England for the IC title. That was amazing! Funny fact me and the Bulldog had the same birthday may his soul rest in peace.

emfleek
7/30/08 9:37:31AM
Andre the Giant turning on Hulk Hogan.

Hogan bodyslamming Andre the Giant @ Wrestlemania III.

The Mega Powers forming and ultimately breaking up and feuding.

Ricky Steamboat bringing out the Kimodo Dragon to scare Jake 'the Snake' Roberts out of the ring.

Demolition, the Powers of Pain and the Road Warriors...loved 'em all.

I have lots of great wrestling memories. Too bad I can't stand to watch it anymore.

Meg
7/30/08 1:06:34PM
I miss the New Age Outlaws.
cowcatcher
7/30/08 1:25:41PM
piper smashing snuka with the fruit on pipers pit was classic

the hell in the cell with taker and foley as mentioned was unbelievable

hogan coming out to beat the iron shiek, and his slam of andre were awesome as a kid

screamin norman smiley cracked me up, thanks THC

the scaffold matches in the nwa were fantastic at the time

stone cold in vinces hospital room is still the funniest thing ive seen in wrestling
DiabloFreak56
7/30/08 4:10:09PM
im gonna say 1-2-3 kid vs yokozuna or HBK vs Razor Ramone..... gotta love when i was little and believed it was real lmfao
Pookie
7/30/08 4:34:18PM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

im gonna say 1-2-3 kid vs yokozuna or HBK vs Razor Ramone..... gotta love when i was little and believed it was real lmfao

Yokozuna was the shit back in the day.
Props
gsquat
7/30/08 5:40:33PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Hell in a Cell...Undertaker...Mankind...greatest performance the WWE/WWF has ever seen!!!!!

Mick Foley almost died when he was thrown from the top of the cell and the Undertaker did a great job improvising the rest of the match with a near unconscious Foley. to this day Mick says he doesn't remember anything after the fall and the whole time we had no idea that something wrong just happened. it is my favorite moment in wrestling and the most memorable imo.

Highlight

Winner
casketcoin
7/30/08 7:24:29PM
Mr. Perfect......shooting a basketball without looking and spitting his gum out and slapping it probally to another planet...Thats Perfect
cmill21
7/30/08 7:29:30PM
I was more into WCW. Don't know why but I loved Goldberg.
SpiderSilva
7/30/08 10:50:22PM
for me was the when Bret "the Hitman" Hart came over and challanged Goldberg and was the first to beat him can still see
Goldberg going for the speer and getting Koed by the metal plate under Bret's Jeresy Also Bret at one point was World Champ,USA Champ, and the Tag Champ....... Hell before he left the WWF he was the WWF champ,Euro Champ, and tag Champ. He never lost the WWF title when he left and never lost the World title when he retired

The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be
emfleek
7/31/08 9:54:28AM
As a kid, I also loved the Russians in both the WWF and WCW.

Nikolai Volkoff
Boris Zukhov
Ivan Koloff
Nakita Koloff

And for some reason, I loved WCCW. They had the Von Erich's, Greg Gagne, the Freebirds (Michael PS Hayes, Jimmy Garvin, Terry Gordy, etc.) the Great Kabuki, Abdullah the Butcher...ahhh, those were the days.
SpiderSilva
7/31/08 1:56:54PM
man those were the names of some of my dad fav wrestlers thats old school right there
emfleek
7/31/08 1:59:18PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

man those were the names of some of my dad fav wrestlers thats old school right there

My grandpa got me into wrestling at a young age. By about 1982, I was watching it whenever it was on TV.

NWA
WCCW
WCW
WWF

Those were the 4 I watched most when growing up.
Mattchoo
7/31/08 2:05:12PM
TABLES. LADDERS AND CHAIRS MATCH!

The one from the 2000 summer slam, possibly the greatest match ive ever seen and I actualy despised it even then!

Look it up go on
npayant
7/31/08 6:31:57PM
I made a new thread...

Check it out!