Favorite WWF/WCW Wrestler as a kid???

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Favorite WWF/WCW Wrestler as a kid???
« Previous Page | Next Page »
hathcock32
3/28/07 11:51:29PM
..ILL STEP IT UP A NOTCH.....WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE WRESTLING PPV OF ALL TIME???? ROYAL RUMBLE 1991
Sam_Rothstein
3/29/07 2:31:25AM
i just remember i need to buy more tooth picks
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
aceprone
3/29/07 2:32:17AM
my two favorite wrestlers growing up was first, Bret Heart, but when I got into high school, The Rock. And of course everyone's favorite Hulk Hogan. I still get a tear everytime that guy speaks. I saw his speech for the Legend Awards show the WE had, and I almost cried like a little girl. hahaha....

But the only paper view that I ever saw and it still sticks in my mind today because it was so amazing was the ladder match with Razor Ramone and Shawn Micheals.
hippysmacker
3/29/07 2:44:20AM
Wrestlemania 1. I went to a close circuit Tv PPV at the san diego sports arena. So many people that weren't even into wrestling got into it because of Mr. T. I was 12 or 13 and I had a blast.
deadcore
3/29/07 9:33:26AM
nobody old enough to even know who that picture is? He was from the AWA though. when he was 75 he could still bench 350 pounds. not bad for a geezer.
cowcatcher
3/29/07 10:41:02AM

Posted by deadcore

nobody old enough to even know who that picture is? He was from the AWA though. when he was 75 he could still bench 350 pounds. not bad for a geezer.

thats the crusher who just died a year and a half ago. hes from south milwaukee, and im about 2 miles from his house an grew up with his grandson matt. AKA the man who made milwaukee famous
xchickox
3/29/07 11:54:55AM
its gotta be hogan, he's just a complete legend

only wrestler who comes even close is ultimate warrior
hathcock32
3/29/07 3:46:02PM
Ravishing Rick Rude, ......I loved when they would show clips of Mr. Perfect throwing the football 50 yards and he would also catch it.

Rick Martel was great. Haku, the Barbarian, Hercules and Paul Roma.

i remember at a event in Peoria IL, that i went to...one of the nasty boys got stabbed, it was crazy.
snakeplissken
3/29/07 5:34:21PM
Always has been and still is Sting. Fav PPV? Wrestle War 92 (WCW) featuring the best main event ever the War Games featuring Stings Squadron Vs. The Dangerous Alliance. Thius match had it all including a pre stone cold steve austin Rick Rude performance of a lifetime and thrills spill and blood.
hippysmacker
3/29/07 6:00:06PM

Posted by deadcore

I'm old enough and I knew it was the crusher also Turkeyneck!
I just thought you were posting a photo of your favorite. I didn't know he just died though. I haven't kept up with wrestling in a long time.
cowcatcher
3/29/07 6:13:07PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by deadcore

I'm old enough and I knew it was the crusher also Turkeyneck!
I just thought you were posting a photo of your favorite. I didn't know he just died though. I haven't kept up with wrestling in a long time.

i went to the funeral as i knew his grandson and it was packed...guys like baron von rashcke, nick bockwinkle, harley race, greg gagne and a ton of more recent guys like hacksaw duggan and haku were there. had it not been such a somber occasion i woulda ran home for my camera and pulled a paparazzi
hippysmacker
3/29/07 6:23:34PM
I'm actually surprised Race is still alive also. He took a lot of bumps and was allegedly a heavy drinker. Race and Flair had some great matches back in the day.RIP The crusher
hathcock32
3/29/07 9:06:19PM
So man wrestlers have died in the last 10 years....is it from all those steroids or what...i watched a story on Brian Pillman on PPV the other day, and the dood was just crazy.
Ultimate_fighter
3/30/07 1:10:28AM
Bret "Hitman" Hart.....Best there is...Best there was...Best there ever will be!..(true)

Now... The Undertaker. Has the MMA gloves on and he has a street fighter stance... pretty sweet
Gogoplata
3/31/07 10:04:48PM

Posted by hathcock32

..ILL STEP IT UP A NOTCH.....WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE WRESTLING PPV OF ALL TIME???? ROYAL RUMBLE 1991

SummerSlam 1995, the original ladder match between Sean Michaels and Razor Ramon. This PPV has a special place in my heart.
Svartorm
4/1/07 2:24:09AM
My favorite event was one of the Survivor Series. Not sure which year, but it was one where there was a "mystery wrestler". I didn't think much of it at the time as it was usually pretty lame when they had a mystery wrestler, but then the music played:

"SUPER-SUPER-SUPERFLY"

The second I heard it, I jumped off the couch screaming my head off. It was such a surprise to see Jimmy Snuka back in the ring and not only could still wrestle, but could still pull off the superfly splash and launch halfway across the ring.
hippysmacker
4/1/07 7:20:32PM
His superfly splash off the top of the cage on Don Muraco was the first really acrobatic extreme thing I ever saw In wrestling. I was a kid ,and I think my voice changed that day I screamed so loud.
Mastodon2
4/2/07 12:28:29PM
Its gotta be Stone Cold Steve Austin for me. I got into wrestling right as Attitude Era WWF started. I stopped watching about the year 2000, when I was about 12. After the Attitude era ended, they got really, really bland, and it just started to look faker and faker to me.
waylon_o
4/2/07 4:24:58PM
Cactus Jack, Sabu, Brutus "the barber" Beefcake, Sgt. Slaughter, Crush, Skinner, Eartherquake, Yokozuna, Kamala, Flyin Bryan, Arn Anderson,
hippysmacker
4/3/07 12:19:45AM
I can't believe I forgot Cactus Jack( Mick Foley) Bang ! Bang!
disorderlyvision
4/3/07 1:31:08AM
the ultimate warrior

the bushwackers

the road warriors

jake the snake
hathcock32
4/3/07 1:35:35AM
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

The Bezerker....."Huff, Huff, Huff, Huff"

Jim "The Anvil" Niedhardt

Razor Ramon

Repo Man

Texas Tornado

Ken Shamrock

Bob Backlund

Barry Horowitz
ChicagoGiants
4/5/07 4:30:22PM
GO KANE WOOOO
BUT GUESS WHOS BETTER
HES SUPER AND HES CRAZY HES..... DIEGO SANCHEZ
Conebone69
4/5/07 4:42:15PM
Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Diesel, Razor Ramon, Papa Shongo, and Mankind were all my favorites.
BuffaloWildWings
4/7/07 11:14:37PM
gotta go with my man...

GOLDUST!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
JunCTion
4/8/07 12:34:05AM
british bull dogs

coco b ware

ultimate warrior

rick rude

randy savage

am i saying my age here

Hurricane_Brad
4/8/07 5:49:01PM
Bret "the Hitman" Hart was always my favourite. Also liked Hulk Hogan of course, Diesel (Nash), Razor Ramon (Hall). Was a pretty big Undertaker fan as well, and later Kane fan. Thought Brock Lesnar was pretty awesome while he was there.
raider8
4/9/07 11:25:30AM
Growing up Hulk Hogan was the man!! But as I got older I would have to say Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig. Then of course Hall & Nash.
Northrend
4/9/07 2:30:27PM
Undertaker and Stone Cold for me.
BWWREPRESENT
4/9/07 3:54:26PM

Posted by Northrend

Undertaker and Stone Cold for me.

Sting all the way
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4