Favorite Upset

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Favorite Upset
Next Page »
MikeyG
12/30/08 12:34:55PM
We all have them, its hard to choose one but I choose Serra Vs GSP 1 just because I think it had more impact on the UFC than Griffin Vs Bonner in that it showed that anyone can win at any time if given the chance. And though a TUF champ may never challenge the champion ever again it was worth losing money to a friend in new york....well at least the yankees still suck
mentalcase
12/30/08 12:41:02PM
diaz - gomi for sure
wiggum
12/30/08 12:46:15PM

Posted by mentalcase

diaz - gomi for sure

i second that...not only cuz i always thought gomi was overated, but the fact that fight was freakin awesome
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/30/08 12:51:26PM
When Forrest showed Shogun what was up
dannyfrank
12/30/08 12:53:33PM
definitely GSP v. Serra 1 due to the fact that Serra was my favorite fighter at the time.
Violence108
12/30/08 4:29:48PM
Evans over Chuck
Wolfenstein
12/30/08 4:39:50PM
Gonzaga over Cro Cop.

telnights
12/30/08 4:47:48PM
Diaz over Gomi as I always felt Gomi was over rated. He is a great fighter but not in the top 3 of LWs.

Mir over Nog as I have always liked Mir as a fighter and its nice to see him finally starting to look like his old self again. To top it off it won me a ton of real life money. Its sad to see Nog looking like time is catching up with him but Mir lost his belt in such a sad way and it was something he had no control over. So it nice to see him get back what was truly his to start with.

prozacnation1978
12/30/08 5:03:49PM
top 3

serra over gsp
gonzaga over cro cop
mir over big nog
EvenFlow
12/30/08 5:36:53PM
Houston over Jardine was pretty violent, thats up there. Lol on the flip side Irvin over Houston.
SpiderSilva
12/30/08 5:47:23PM
you know I thought Chuck poked CC on the eye but I couldn't slow down TV enough LMFAO
Bowen50
12/30/08 5:53:56PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

i second that
MikeyG
12/30/08 6:00:36PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

shogun was a mess and injured, it was a good upset but if that happened in pride the fortune of forrest would have been out cold
SpiderSilva
12/30/08 6:19:15PM
um it will never happen in pride plus how do you know it wouldn't have happened Forrest is better than most people think and sense Pride Shogun hasn't shown a damn thing that he will make it in the UFC
TheNatural915
12/30/08 6:21:58PM
Henderson over Silva
SeanSalmonisGod
12/30/08 7:20:05PM
Rashad introducing Chuck to the canvas
UFCmma666
12/31/08 12:52:27AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

mir over big nog

no
MikeyG
12/31/08 10:01:57AM

Posted by UFCmma666

mir over big nog

no

why not mir was a heavy underdog

to you
UFCmma666
1/23/09 4:54:27PM

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by UFCmma666

mir over big nog

no

why not mir was a heavy underdog

to you

i never denied that but i was very vry upset with this upset
ThaAxeMurderer7
1/23/09 5:34:20PM
I'm going to go with Serra over GSP. All I could do was laugh because I was in such shock. Soko over Lil Nog was another one that comes to mind.
bls1919
1/23/09 9:32:23PM
Mine used to be David Terrel throwing a beatdown to Evan Tanner. But now i would have to say Melvin Manhoef vs Mark Hunt. Seriously I didnt give Manhoef a chance in that fight, and I really like the guy. But he proved me and a BUNCH!!!!! of other folks wrong. KOing Hunt 18 ? seconds into the fight with a left hook from hell. Hunt had never been hurt like that before...and he once took 2 heads kicks from CroCop. Mir over Nog is also huge, but the weight difference in the Manhoef/Hunt fight sealed it for me.
breakdown5
1/23/09 10:26:49PM
Diaz over Gomi is one of my favorite fights ever. Gonzaga over Cro Cop by head kick left me speechless for sure. I didn't give Gonzaga a shot and he Cro Cop'd Mirko. Insane.
haggiswashere
1/23/09 11:51:22PM
Randy vs Tim Sylvia
Junior Dos Santos vs Fabricio Werdum
Amir Sadollah vs CB Dollaway
Frank Mir vs Big Nog
Forrest Griffin vs Rampage
EvenFlow
1/24/09 12:33:43AM
Top 4

Rampage Over Chuck 1 & 2
Shogun Over Rampage
Anderson Over Franklin 1

Maybe I just like em because I got em right at the time.
gartface
1/24/09 1:35:02AM

Posted by bls1919

Mine used to be David Terrel throwing a beatdown to Evan Tanner. But now i would have to say Melvin Manhoef vs Mark Hunt. Seriously I didnt give Manhoef a chance in that fight, and I really like the guy. But he proved me and a BUNCH!!!!! of other folks wrong. KOing Hunt 18 ? seconds into the fight with a left hook from hell. Hunt had never been hurt like that before...and he once took 2 heads kicks from CroCop. Mir over Nog is also huge, but the weight difference in the Manhoef/Hunt fight sealed it for me.

Wait, David Terrell beating Evan Tanner, when did that happen? Or do you mean David Terrell knocking out Matt Lindland?

Mine would most definitely be Serra over GSP.
CwB
1/24/09 7:23:15PM
what about soko vs lil nog
or

AA over fedor
bls1919
1/25/09 7:02:41PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by bls1919

Wait, David Terrell beating Evan Tanner, when did that happen? Or do you mean David Terrell knocking out Matt Lindland?

Mine would most definitely be Serra over GSP.

Your 100 % corect. I was getting names mixed up. My bad. It was Lindland getting KTFO then Tanner did the same to Terrel. Might have been under the influence when i posted.

EDIT: Melvin Manhoef has got this on lock though. No one gave him a chance in that fight.
MuSh
1/25/09 7:53:16PM
Matt Hamil over Bisping. yeah thats right.
jakeiceman
1/27/09 4:05:00AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I'm going to go with Serra over GSP. All I could do was laugh because I was in such shock. Soko over Lil Nog was another one that comes to mind.

I'm with you on Serra over GSP. One of my best friends is the biggest GSP fan ever and an annoying one at that. He is always running his mouth and texts me four times a day leading up to a GSP fight just to stir up the ****. I remember, everyone was sitting on the couch except for him because he got up to get a beer out of the fridge, by the time he got back Serra was on top of GSP pounding him out. His eyes went blank and his mouth fell open. All I could do is laugh until I cried.

Thank you for the joy you have brought me Matt Serra.
Pookie
1/27/09 11:37:13AM
Matt Hughes vs. Bj Penn 1
Pages: [1] 2