What is your favorite throw/takedown?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » What is your favorite throw/takedown?
« Previous Page
Mitchell740
11/1/07 3:22:13PM
Favortie throws- Duck under to suplex, for folksyle I modify I and throw to the side to keep it legal.
I also like faking a high croutch on the left leg annd going straight into a headlock.
Favorite shots- a double leg, then if they block with double posts I chop and shoot again immediatly after.
Circle left and then a riighht sweep single.
Rush
11/1/07 3:48:18PM
I can't believe I never answered this question.

In judo my best throws were harai goshi and uchi mata.
Signal2112
11/2/07 5:59:36AM
I think my favourite throw has got to be haraigoshi. It's incredibly satisying to pull off!
Believe-in-judo81
11/2/07 9:02:08PM
^ BIG agree there my friend, I think a lot of it has to do with the effectiveness and beauty of the technique. It's was always a high percentage and handy throw for me, and if you hit it right, it's absolutely beautiful. One of those moves that really brings out the arts in Martial arts.

Also, Stickan and others here have been wise to mention the double leg, no takedown is as effective or high percentage as a well executed and properly timed/set up double. Definitely a takedown everyone should know.

And Mitchell, good man to bring up the suplex, I'm fond of the good old fashion belly to back and belly to belly variations. But I don't hit them very often due to my height, kind of tough to get my hips under guys for a good lift, especially on the latter and it's more natural for me to try a sweep or throw.

Thanks for the additions guys, glad to see this thread still has life.

Mitchell740
11/4/07 5:10:02PM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

And Mitchell, good man to bring up the suplex, I'm fond of the good old fashion belly to back and belly to belly variations. But I don't hit them very often due to my height, kind of tough to get my hips under guys for a good lift, especially on the latter and it's more natural for me to try a sweep or throw.

Just try and lock your hands up high so your forearms are in their armpits, this grip is easy to break but if you go straight back as soon as you get it and you have your hips in tight above or below you will be able to suplex anyone your weight.
atlas777
11/5/07 10:32:59AM
My 4 favorites are the over-under hip toss, the rainbow toss the doubl;e leg and my personal favorite the SUPLEX i can almost bust that out on anyone.
BillyPridemore
11/14/07 10:23:31AM
i enjoy using a variation russian leg sweep, done from the front or back (easier to get it from front)
Salty
11/14/07 11:20:02AM
My favorite right now is a bulldog, they try to shoot in your stuff them with an under on one arm and grab their chin with your other and just power them over, works everytime for me.

my favorite throw right now is just a basic hiptoss, I don't get them often because I don't work on them a lot, but when I go for them I send people for a ride.
Believe-in-judo81
11/15/07 1:21:48AM
Thanks for the adds guys, keep them coming! And a quick question for the wrestlers out there, do any of you guys utilize the pancake technique in MMA after you defend the single and get a quarter nelson? Seems like it would be a very useful technique and great tool to add to your grappling toolset. Especially under unified rules, where knees to the head on the ground are no go.
Pages: 1 [2]