What is you favorite technique?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What is you favorite technique?
Ultimate_fighter
3/11/07 6:06:52PM
What if your favorite style of fighting, submission, kick, punch?
Mine is wrestling, rear naked choke, leg kicks, and huge right handed haymakers, chuck style
Stickan
3/11/07 6:21:40PM
Favorite technique to watch or to do?

When sparring I love to get in close and throw hard bodyshots and uppercuts since I'm not very good at picking apart my opponents from a distance. I'm not very good at upper body takedowns either and that's why the double-leg is my TD-weapon of choice. I also have pretty good lower back strength which makes me succeed more often with takedowns where I might need to lift and slam my opponent.
While on the ground I love climbing up on the back of my opponent especially from my guard. Another favorite is the triangle after a sprawl a´la Tanner - Levens.

To watch is different... it's harder to say. I love body shots but other than that I love most well performed techniques.
pv3Hpv3p
3/16/07 5:45:29PM
I have to go with a solid liver shot... Punch or kick... I know it's not MMA, but Hopkins dropping De La Hoya was classic...

As was CC vs Herring...

Oh and David Louissou(sp?) threw a spinning back kick against somebody that landed on the left side and led to the finish of the fight (Charles McCarthey maybe? I can't remember)

Hendo's spinning backfist against Wandy was awesome... I couldn't believe my eyes at first... With a broken hand no less... I think it was the beginning of the end for Wand in that fight.

Either of the two Gogo's in recent memory were awsome (Diaz and Aoki)

Kampmanns side choke against Drew was pretty slick as well (although McFedries isn't that good on the ground)

And I will always love a LHK via CC...

Sorry I guess I love it all...
papercut
3/16/07 6:51:41PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

What if your favorite style of fighting, submission, kick, punch?
Mine is wrestling, rear naked choke, leg kicks, and huge right handed haymakers, chuck style

when I train I love working the ground game and standing up I love punching people but, I also cause pain to the other parts of the body like legs arms and so on so if I had to choose it would be submission
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/16/07 6:53:34PM
Body shots for me are the funniest way to take someone out.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/16/07 7:51:26PM
Nick Diaz style!!!
wkm311
3/17/07 6:09:41PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Nick Diaz style!!!

Personally, I love submissions. Something about making another person quit is so cool to me. That and the fact that I get a kick out of making people go to sleep...

My favorite sub has to be a RNC, and a triangle choke is a close second...
EEKS
3/18/07 11:10:34AM
LEEEVER SHOTS!!
tyo
3/21/07 11:55:20PM
eye gauge
Rush
3/24/07 12:03:23PM
I am mostly a takedown submission guy, but I really like elbows/knees and shots to the body (I think they are underrated)
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/24/07 12:04:17PM

Posted by Rush

I am mostly a takedown submission guy, but I really like elbows and shots to the body (I think they are underrated)

people in the UFC hardly use knees to the body too I noticed.
hcazlekker
3/24/07 12:49:41PM
When rolling. Keylocks. Kimuras. Two-step armbars. Anything to do with the arms. They're all so easy, I love em. The fact they can be escaped easily makes it funner as well, I hate being locked up for any lengthy amount of time.

Actual fights? I'm just going to punch fast and hard, jab cross jab cross. I'm going to get a takedown, or you might fall backwards, or you (not you, personally) will most likely trip over yourself. And I'm gonna punch you in the face some more. If you are larger than me, and there is something I can swing in the vicinity, even better. My apologies if I'm coming off as unrefined and amatuer. But it works.

Simple and effective.

I guess if I'm feeling fancy, I might throw an elbow if the distance is being closed.
Rush
3/24/07 7:55:49PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

people in the UFC hardly use knees to the body too I noticed.

funny story about that.

There was that Scott Smith fight a couple months back. He was fighting his buddy, I cannot remember the name. Near the end of the fight Joe Rogan said something about low leg kicks being the most underrated and underused techniques in the UFC. I turned to my wife and said that it was not true and said that it was actually body shots. About 10 secs later Scott Smith was dropped with a shot to the ribs. I just sat back and smiled.

madmarck
3/24/07 8:30:09PM
i love the arm triangle choke. When i roll the guy always thinks i am holding him to sit in his guard. Not a bit. Pass and you can easily make em tap. Only thing is its hard to do that with no arms.
tapoutking28
4/10/07 6:33:24PM
I love the arm drag takedown to a arm bar. I also like leg kicks
lakaidude7
4/20/07 12:06:20AM
arm bars baby
ac_gi
4/20/07 1:02:34AM
Strikes: Leg kicks to set up the high roundhouse, ala Crocop.
Submission: Arm Triangle
Takedown: Right hook to the jaw
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/20/07 1:13:22AM
Muay Thai