Favorite Submission

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Favorite Submission
Next Page »
haggiswashere
9/15/08 5:43:14AM
What is your favorite submission to do. I don't practice any ground game but i was just curious.
Khaos
9/15/08 8:10:01AM
Triangles, specifically Arm Triangles
juanez13
9/15/08 9:04:33AM
Anaconda choke, arm triangle, kimura
bullettdodger
9/15/08 10:23:01AM
My number one favorite submission to use and to see used is the Gogoplata
postman
9/15/08 10:59:26AM
I seem to go for armbars alot. I also like gogos. My fav is when I have a guy in my guard and I will leave a key lock open for him when he goes for it I will switch my hips throw my leg over his head and pull the armbar. Only ever get it on newer guys but still alot of fun to do.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/15/08 3:58:43PM
flying armbar
bayonetxwork
9/15/08 6:18:31PM
head arm choke
haggiswashere
9/15/08 9:45:01PM
my favorite to watch are usually armbars and shoulder triangles.
Omega
9/16/08 2:50:07AM
North south choke. Takes a lot of patience.
Svartorm
9/16/08 3:49:52AM
My top game is mostly working arm entanglements and chokes, so lots of Kimuras, Americanas, grape poppers, arm triangles and north-south chokes.

My bottom game is mostly about getting out of bottom, so I go for omaplatas a lot to force a transition.
haggiswashere
9/16/08 4:24:51AM

Posted by Omega

North south choke. Takes a lot of patience.

i looked it up on youtube just barely. they look tough.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/16/08 11:31:09PM
d'arce choke, anaconda choke , arm triangle , peruvian neck tie
george112
9/17/08 12:03:29AM
wow rush im surprised you didnt tell the TS to use the search function

haha not bashing the TS tho..

hmmm.lets see.i prefer triangle chokes

my brother can never see one comin for some reason
haggiswashere
9/17/08 5:19:56AM
has frank mir ever used a mir lock in the ufc?
madmarck
9/18/08 12:29:46PM
Omaplata's
Basic reason. They are my bread and butter. Favourite thing to do is reverse someone else's omaplata into your own.
Not to mention the benefits of getting out from under someone and forcing them to either stand up and get caught in a inverted armbar or
Roll into Side control on bottom. 3 points easy.

Posted by haggiswashere

I assume THIS is what you are referring to?

And he used it in his first match agaisnt Pete Williams.
haggiswashere
9/19/08 2:31:52PM

Posted by madmarck

Omaplata's
Basic reason. They are my bread and butter. Favourite thing to do is reverse someone else's omaplata into your own.
Not to mention the benefits of getting out from under someone and forcing them to either stand up and get caught in a inverted armbar or
Roll into Side control on bottom. 3 points easy.

Posted by haggiswashere

I assume THIS is what you are referring to?

And he used it in his first match agaisnt Pete Williams.

yup that was it!
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 3:14:52PM
I always find myself gettin people in a triangle from the top. I get in mount the lift their head and slide my leg underneath their neck and the triangle is right there for me. and being from top position, I lean forward. Its almost impossible for the to sweep me. Its the same thing Maia put Ed herman to sleep with
The_Ho_Bag
10/1/08 3:24:28PM
TRIANGLES are day =)
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 3:26:46PM
I love goin for the gogo to
but damn its hard to get
jiujitsufreak74
10/1/08 3:31:47PM
i love front chokes. i used to favor leg locks, but as i have faced better competition i have learned that leg locks are very dangerous as they give up position and are very hard to secure when your opponent has no shoes; especially later on in the match. front chokes, on the other hand, are great for positioning and are very easy to fall in to. there is nothing better than grappling with one of the kids on the wrestling team, have them go in for a shot and catch them with a d'arce or anaconda from the sprawl position. they never see it coming and leave themselves open to it quite often. and if you can't finish the choke, you can always dump them and secure side control or even mount. it's a win win really and if nothing else they will be more hesitant with their shot which is also a positive.
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 3:38:43PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i love front chokes. i used to favor leg locks, but as i have faced better competition i have learned that leg locks are very dangerous as they give up position and are very hard to secure when your opponent has no shoes; especially later on in the match. front chokes, on the other hand, are great for positioning and are very easy to fall in to. there is nothing better than grappling with one of the kids on the wrestling team, have them go in for a shot and catch them with a d'arce or anaconda from the sprawl position. they never see it coming and leave themselves open to it quite often. and if you can't finish the choke, you can always dump them and secure side control or even mount. it's a win win really and if nothing else they will be more hesitant with their shot which is also a positive.

I dont know what it is about leg locks. I go for them but it never works. I try to put as much pressure as i can and torque on the leg or ankle but It doesnt work. IDK what I do wrong
jiujitsufreak74
10/1/08 3:44:12PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I dont know what it is about leg locks. I go for them but it never works. I try to put as much pressure as i can and torque on the leg or ankle but It doesnt work. IDK what I do wrong

well it all depends on where you are putting pressure. there are subtle differences in positioning that can make a big change. i would ask your JJ instructor (if you have one) what you are doing wrong and he should help ou out. i know i had the same problem; i was squeezing and squeezing and the only damage i did was to my forearm lol. but after i asked my JJ trainer to work with me on them i was able to get them quite easily and even tapped out my instructor with a heel hook. you also want to make sure you are using the correct direction of leverage and for calf cranks make sure you use your hips as well.
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 4:22:56PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

well it all depends on where you are putting pressure. there are subtle differences in positioning that can make a big change. i would ask your JJ instructor (if you have one) what you are doing wrong and he should help ou out. i know i had the same problem; i was squeezing and squeezing and the only damage i did was to my forearm lol. but after i asked my JJ trainer to work with me on them i was able to get them quite easily and even tapped out my instructor with a heel hook. you also want to make sure you are using the correct direction of leverage and for calf cranks make sure you use your hips as well.

alright thanks dude. I'll have to keep workin on it and hopefully I can perfect it once i've had proper practice
kurt-2112
10/5/08 9:12:04PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

flying armbar

lol, yea man i love seeing that shit, although it is a little risky to go for,

my favourite has to be the tiangle choke, its so sick, or the guillointin
Naturaldisaster
10/6/08 2:30:41AM
my fav submittion is the triangle from the top like i said above. I call it the TEA BAG TRIANGLE! it works everytime
Svartorm
10/9/08 12:15:48AM
I'd like to see your technique if you say it works every time. Its entirely too easy to roll the guy out of mount even trying it. If you can hold the triangle, its not so bad, but I'd rather not give up top position for a move like that, especially considering you've already killed an arm if you're getting that topside triangle anyways. Better just going for an arm triangle or americana in most cases, I think.
Naturaldisaster
10/9/08 12:53:27AM

Posted by Svartorm

I'd like to see your technique if you say it works every time. Its entirely too easy to roll the guy out of mount even trying it. If you can hold the triangle, its not so bad, but I'd rather not give up top position for a move like that, especially considering you've already killed an arm if you're getting that topside triangle anyways. Better just going for an arm triangle or americana in most cases, I think.

well most of the guys i roll with and try to sub are bigger than me, so the americana doesnt work, cuz their arms are way stronger than mine. so i usually slip my foot under their head and try for the triangle from the top but if they roll me then my leg is still up there for my to go for the triangle from the bottom.

Edit: works every time may be a little over reacting, but it works most of the time lol
4u2nv
10/9/08 9:31:39AM
YES!!! the Tea Bag Triangle is one f my favs. Also the peruvian neck tie and flying arm bar!
The-Don
10/9/08 12:26:19PM
why is there almost no love for the RNC?
Omega
10/9/08 12:46:11PM

Posted by The-Don

why is there almost no love for the RNC?

Everybody wants to flashy ones that everybody doesn't know or can perform.
Pages: [1] 2