Favorite Tv Series

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Favorite Tv Series
« Previous Page | Next Page »
cowcatcher
7/8/09 2:20:15PM
got to agree with lockup, and there are finally some new episodes. it got stale for awhile there.

ill add no reservations with anthony bourdain too, hes a little snarky for my usual tastes, but he seems honest and once in awhile almost seriously injures himself and that makes for good tv.
FlashyG
7/8/09 3:39:05PM
5 pages and only 1 mention of the Wire?

That show has ruined TV for me, there is nothing, Movie or TV that even deserves to be compared to it as far as I'm concerned.

Battlestar was probably the only other one in the ballpark and even it is a distant second favorite for me.

If you ever get a chance to see the Wire on DVD pick it up. I'm jealous of those of you who can stil watch it for the first time.
emfleek
7/8/09 4:56:03PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Burn Notice...best show i have seen yet. i suggest it to everyone. USA airs it Thursdays !0 pm ET. highly recommend it and i can't get enough.

Jeffrey Donovan = horrible actor

He's right up there with David Caruso.
hippysmacker
7/9/09 2:46:28AM
Favorites that were but are now gone

Battlestar Gallactica
Friends
X-files
Firefly
The wire
Star Trek the next generation
Veronica Mars
Millennium
Carnivale
Arrested Development
Moonlighting
Cheers
Buffy the vampire slayer
Murder One
Angel
Mash
Pushing daisies
Lois & Clark : The adventures of Superman
The Black Donnelys
Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles

Shows I still watch that are still going

Straight from my Tivo list

Dexter
House
Bones
Dollhouse
True Blood
Rescue me
Leverage
Burn Notice
Eureka
Lost
Chuck
Fringe
Scrubs
The mentalist
The UNIT
Life
Heroes
NCIS
Numbers
In Plain sight
Psych
My own worst enemy
Sons of Anarchy
Castle
TUF
Big love
DR. Who
4th and Long

cowcatcher
7/9/09 7:48:54AM
i cant believe you watch 4th and long HS
AchillesHeel
7/9/09 8:04:21AM

Posted by hippysmacker

[...]

[...]

Pretty similar to what I would list.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but The Unit and My Own Worst Enemy have both been kicked to the curb.
hippysmacker
7/9/09 8:44:13AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by hippysmacker

[...]

[...]

Pretty similar to what I would list.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but The Unit and My Own Worst Enemy have both been kicked to the curb.

Dude that sucks, especially the UNIT. I wasn't that attached to my own worst enemy , but the unit was a top show for me. Looks like you got good taste in TV too bro

EDIT-, i just checked for cancellations after you mentioned it, and Life got the Ax too. Serious bummer, as I am always looking for the unique, and it was definitely original. At least what is now the series finale tied up a lot of stuff, and answered a lot of questions.I was already bummed when I heard that pushing Daisies and Terminator got the ax, and I knew way in advance Battlestar was coming to an end, but this blows.
AchillesHeel
7/9/09 9:05:54AM
Aw heck, you got me thinking about it now.

Here are 50 favorite shows (alphabetically, because putting them in any other order would be too much work):

Alias
All in the Family
America's Best Dance Crew
Babylon 5
Band of Brothers
Barney Miller
Batman: The Animated Series
Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
C.S.I.
Cagney & Lacey
The Carol Burnett Show
China Beach
The Cosby Show
Damages
Dexter
E.R.
Firefly
Forever Knight
Frontline
Grey's Anatomy
Hill Street Blues
Homicide: Life on the Street
House M.D.
In the Heat of the Night
The Jeffersons
Ken Burns’ Baseball
La Femme Nikita
Law & Order
M*A*S*H
Moonlighting
The Muppet Show
My So-Called Life
Night Court
Northern Exposure
NYPD Blue
Once & Again
Prime Suspect
Profit
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Third Watch
Touching Evil (UK version)
Ultraviolet
V
The Waltons
Weeds
The West Wing
The Wire
The X-Files
AchillesHeel
7/9/09 9:09:09AM

Posted by hippysmacker
EDIT-, i just checked for cancellations after you mentioned it, and Life got the Ax too. Serious bummer, as I am always looking for the unique, and it was definitely original. At least what is now the series finale tied up a lot of stuff, and answered a lot of questions.I was already bummed when I heard that pushing Daisies and Terminator got the ax, and I knew way in advance Battlestar was coming to an end, but this blows.

It's a shame about The Sarah Connor Chronicles. My guess is that fans of the films were turned off because it didn't have car crashes, gunfights and explosions every three minutes, and that people who weren't fans of the movies didn't bother to watch the show because they figured it would have car crashes, gunfights and explosions every three minutes.
hippysmacker
7/9/09 9:11:16AM
You may be right, but it was really starting to get good. I really liked where the story lines were going, and was intrigued by the T-1000's possible motives.

I am also ashamed that I left La Femme Nikita ( my all time favorite show) off the list of cancelled show. Thats what happens when you type late at night I guess. If I would of thought of them I would have put Alias and China Beach on there as well. I admit I didn't even think of the miniseries as TV shows though. Band of brothers, V( remake coming soon by the way), etc always just seemed like they are in their own special category. I think it might even have been you( or maybe someone else in TV thread during the writers strike ) who turned me on to Veronica Mars and rescue Me . I got them both on Netflix after reading someones list on that thread.
hippysmacker
7/9/09 5:06:51PM
Want to add farscape to the great canceled shows list. Also, it was "The wire "and "Rescue Me" ( I ran a search) I got from your list in the " what to watch during the television writers strike thread" . Amazingly enough it was netflix itself that recommended Carnivale and Veronica mars off my movie ratings.
shevtheman
7/9/09 5:27:24PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Aw heck, you got me thinking about it now.

Here are 50 favorite shows (alphabetically, because putting them in any other order would be too much work):

Band of Brothers
Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Dexter
Hill Street Blues
Homicide: Life on the Street
Law & Order
NYPD Blue
Third Watch
The Wire
The X-Files

All of them are in my personal faves. Have you see The Corner? Its a miniseries by the Homicide/Wire people and its pretty awesome. Sopranos are added to my list as well as Rome.
hippysmacker
7/13/09 9:57:53PM
Dude I for got he Tick. Classic

The_Metal_Maniac
7/14/09 7:08:39AM
House
True Blood
Dexter
Breaking Bad
East Bound and Down
AchillesHeel
7/14/09 8:24:53AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I am also ashamed that I left La Femme Nikita ( my all time favorite show) off the list of cancelled show.

Yes, shame on you.

Posted by hippysmacker

V( remake coming soon by the way)

I'm looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see if they try to introduce a new surprise twist. Granted, I was a little kid at the time, but I really didn't see the lizard thing coming. Pretty much everybody knows about it now.

Posted by hippysmacker

Want to add farscape to the great canceled shows list.

I never really watched that show, although I can't remember why. It seems like it would be right up my alley. I must have had class on the night it was on, or something.

Posted by shevtheman

Have you see The Corner? Its a miniseries by the Homicide/Wire people and its pretty awesome.

Haven't even heard of it before, I don't think. I'll have to look it up.

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

True Blood

I have this in my Netflix queue. I haven't seen any of it yet, but you can't go wrong with vampires and Anna Paquin naked.
emfleek
7/14/09 8:55:30AM
Did anyone ever watch Dead Like Me? Decent show that got the axe way too early, IMO.
hippysmacker
7/14/09 9:52:20AM

Posted by emfleek

Did anyone ever watched Dead Like Me? Decent show that got the axe way too early, IMO.

I did, and it was unique & interesting. A little too depressing for me though The finally made a straight to DVD movie to tie some stuff up. I watched it on netflix a few months back. They had new chick playing Daisy though & no Rube .At least some questions did get answered.
emfleek
7/14/09 9:54:51AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I did, and it was unique & interesting. A little too depressing for me though The finally made a straight to DVD movie to tie some stuff up. I watched it on netflix a few months back. They had new chick playing Daisy though & no Rube .At least some questions did get answered.

Thanks for the heads up. I've seen every episode and was always hoping they'd revive it...even if they brought it to the WB.

I'll have to look into the DVD.
hippysmacker
7/14/09 9:55:08AM
dude farscape rules. Halfway through the first season you will realize how truly original it was, and grieve its passing. Alternately freaky and funny too.
hippysmacker
7/14/09 10:00:19AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by hippysmacker

Thanks for the heads up. I've seen every episode and was always hoping they'd revive it...even if they brought it to the WB.

I'll have to look into the DVD.

Here is the trailer for it

Dead like me DVD movie
DevonFoxy
7/15/09 12:05:19AM
Great thread. In no particular order.

Dexter
House
TUF
Burn Notice
Scrubs
Psych
Monk
Law and Order, pretty much any of them.
The Office

Love them all and watch them religiously. love Burn Notice and Dexter. Dexter is one of the best shows on TV and can't wait for the next season. Has to be one of the craziest smartest show on TV.
Jackelope
7/15/09 2:01:46AM
4th and Long. I am absolutely freaking hooked.

Go Andrew Hawkins!
hippysmacker
7/15/09 4:04:24AM

Posted by Jackelope

Go Andrew Hawkins!

LOL, It 's Hawkins or Holley for me too. I bet on Holley early though, so I will stick with him.
mentalcase
7/15/09 5:27:57AM
best sitcom ever friends no other show comes close

best drama problly sapranos
emfleek
7/15/09 8:40:57AM

Posted by mentalcase

Friends was decent but there's no way I would consider it even close to being the best.

I'd personally go with 'Seinfeld'. I know it's all a matter of opinion, though. It took me a while to even like 'Seinfeld'.
hippysmacker
7/15/09 9:21:46AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mentalcase

Friends was decent but there's no way I would consider it even close to being the best.

I'd personally go with 'Seinfeld'. I know it's all a matter of opinion, though. It took me a while to even like 'Seinfeld'.

Yeah to each his own bro. Friends is my all-time favorite sitcom personally ,and I think have had more laughs watching it than any other 2 shows combined..Seinfeild was odd to me. I thought it entertaining, but I can't put it among my favorite shows because I personally disliked all the characters. Same with the sopranos. I just want at least one character that I wouldn't mind being actual friends with in real life.Thats why I thought the Seinfeld finale was brilliant. They all went to jail after the judge considered all bad guys. It made perfect sense to me.
Jackelope
7/15/09 9:26:16AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Jackelope

Go Andrew Hawkins!

LOL, It 's Hawkins or Holley for me too. I bet on Holley early though, so I will stick with him.

Holley's got the size, and he's a playmaker when the game is on. Hawkins has such talent, speed and work ethic, though. How can you not like a guy like that? I'm not sure he can break off 150 yards in a game like Holley can, but he's a rock IMO.

Moten isn't as talented as Irvin is making him seem, IMO. Plus he's got a punk ass attitude. Hawkins is the most humble of the bunch, so he's who I'm going for
hippysmacker
7/15/09 9:37:22AM
I thought Ahmad was the guy with the bad attitude, maybe I am getting them mixed up. Before the show started the only ones I was familiar with were Swan, Holley, Hawkins, and Gamble. I looked up the rest for what i could find,and thought Moten might be a dark horse, but was only going of other peoples opinions in his case . I thought it would be Holley or Swann for sure, but then Swann got injured again. Holley is one of those great athletes that didn't make football their primary sport in college. I am hoping he turns out to be the Antonio Gates of WR's Totally agree with you about Hawkins as a person .He seems like the guy everyone should root for based on character. Holley is a bit too cocky for me, but he's a WR. The Marvin Harrison personality types are extremely rare at the position.
emfleek
7/15/09 9:39:22AM
MY FAVORITE SITCOMS OF ALL-TIME: (in no particular order)

Seinfeld
The Wonder Years
King of Queens
Growing Pains
Family Ties
Who's the Boss?
Coach
Boy Meets World
Dennis the Menace
I Dream of Jeannie
Married...with Children
Rosanne
Saved By the Bell
The Golden Girls
Home Improvement
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Three's Company
Gilligan's Island
Webster
Silver Spoons
3rd Rock From the Sun
How I Met Your Mother
The Office
The Big Bang Theory
That 70's Show

I'm sure there are more, too...I'm quite the TV whore. More so back in the day than now.
Jackelope
7/15/09 9:46:43AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I thought Ahmad was the guy with the bad attitude, maybe I am getting them mixed up. Before the show started the only ones I was familiar with were Swan, Holley, Hawkins, and Gamble. I looked up the rest for what i could find,and thought Moten might be a dark horse, but was only going of other peoples opinions in his case . I thought it would be Holley or Swann for sure, but then Swann got injured again. Holley is one of those great athletes that didn't make football their primary sport in college. I am hoping he turns out to be the Antonio Gates of WR's Totally agree with you about Hawkins as a person .He seems like the guy everyone should root for based on character. Holley is a bit too cocky for me, but he's a WR. The Marvin Harrison personality types are extremely rare at the position.

Ahmad Smith has a pretty good attitude. Moten is the guy who is always showing up late for practice and then brushing it off as "That's just me." when confronted on his lateness. I'd say Ahmad is a better dark horse than Moten is.

Swan looked like he had DAMN GOOD routes in the episodes he was on. He just got injured way too easily. Dude had cardio for days and route running like none other. Of course you know football much better than I do- but from what I could tell this was the case.

I really don't have much of a problem with Holley. He's not that bad attitude wise. And of course he's got a chip on his shoulder- he's coming from basketball. That leaping ability and size are probably going to be what carries him to victory if he does take it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4