favorite pro wrestler? past or present

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » favorite pro wrestler? past or present
« Previous Page | Next Page »
cloppio
11/29/08 5:35:29PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cloppio

norman smiley!

war smiley!!!!!

anyway, i haven't watched "rasslin" in about 10 years

That name sounds familiar. Remind me ?

black dude, yellow speedo's acted gay, he always made me laugh, never won, just the best jobber ever, i think it was wcw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Smiley

here is his wiki page, looks like after i stopped watching, he got popular
MMAcca
11/29/08 5:39:59PM

Posted by cloppio

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cloppio

norman smiley!

war smiley!!!!!

anyway, i haven't watched "rasslin" in about 10 years

That name sounds familiar. Remind me ?

black dude, yellow speedo's acted gay, he always made me laugh, never won, just the best jobber ever, i think it was wcw

I know who you mean Thanks
Mungooch
11/29/08 6:17:52PM
Owen Hart, Carsh Holly and now its Matt hardy Veeeeeeeeoneeenaaa!!!
Poohbah
11/29/08 8:01:05PM
Baron Von Raschke and Mad Dog Vachon!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Naturaldisaster
11/29/08 8:31:50PM
I used to like undertakr alot but now he's not any good.
ChokeUout
11/29/08 10:10:38PM
First off, I have seen a couple shows of pro wrestling, and I don't know many fighters and don't really like the stuff...I just have a question.

No Brock Lesnar votes? I know he's not the MOST popular wrestler, but given it's an MMA site I figutrd he'd get at least a FEW votes. WHo knows, maybe It's because of the same reason MMA fans flame anyone who puts brock on their top MMA fighters list, only in reverse for Wrestling.

Oh well, Since I don't know many other wrestlers, I'll vote for Brock. Kinda feel bad for him
kris_ericson
11/29/08 11:37:10PM

Posted by ChokeUout

First off, I have seen a couple shows of pro wrestling, and I don't know many fighters and don't really like the stuff...I just have a question.

No Brock Lesnar votes? I know he's not the MOST popular wrestler, but given it's an MMA site I figutrd he'd get at least a FEW votes. WHo knows, maybe It's because of the same reason MMA fans flame anyone who puts brock on their top MMA fighters list, only in reverse for Wrestling.

Oh well, Since I don't know many other wrestlers, I'll vote for Brock. Kinda feel bad for him

never even crossed my mind
he was always kind of an asshole though maybe thats why
but now that you bring it up yeah he gets my vote
ncordless
11/30/08 1:13:49AM
Here is a pic of Bezerker. He never pinned an opponent... just tossed them out of the ring and then chased them for a double count out.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cmill21
11/30/08 1:32:38AM
I don't know why but I always liked Goldberg.
jiujitsufreak74
11/30/08 1:50:01AM
I was a big fan of the Rock and Kurt Angle. Stone Cold Steve Austin was another of my favorites. when i first got into wrestling, Kane was my favorite, but after he lost the mask i stopped liking him lol.

<----------------------Frank Mir copied the Rock

The Rock's influence on MMA
hippysmacker
11/30/08 3:01:41AM
My favorite guys in no particular order , and I haven't watched it in a loooong time, so apologies to the new guys

Dusty Rhodes
Hulkster
Junk Yard Dog
Magnum TA
Sting
The Rock
The Road Warriors( Legion of Doom to some of you)
Sabu
Ron Simmons
Doctor Death Steve Williams
Jushin Liger
Taz
Mick Foley
Superfly Snuka
Goldberg( at least he was up thir before I ever saw him attempt MMA commentary)
The Great Muta
Mike Awesome
Cheof Jay Strongbow
DDP
Terry Gordy
Tommy Rich
Buzz Sawyer
Taz
Andre the Giant
Th Wild Samoans
Nikita Koloff
Stan Hansen
Tito Santana
Vader
Brett Hart

haggiswashere
11/30/08 3:06:51AM

Posted by ncordless

Here is a pic of Bezerker. He never pinned an opponent... just tossed them out of the ring and then chased them for a double count out.

HOLY BEJESUS ITS BIGTIMMYS LONG LOST BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/30/08 3:33:21AM
i stopped watching pro wrestling when i was in grade 5 and the rock/sock conection broke up .

bobbydoomocculta
11/30/08 3:45:18AM
"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase
Mr. Perfect
Bret Hart
The Great Muta
Vader
Brian Pillman
Ivan Koloff
Greg Valentine
Tully Blanchard
Sabu
Mick Foley
AJ Styles
Jerry Lynn
Rob Van Dam

I could go on for a while...
big_timmy
11/30/08 4:19:20AM

Posted by ncordless

Damn it, thats what i needed. Oddjob following me around...
cowcatcher
11/30/08 10:43:03AM
i love voodooninja, bobbydoomocculta and hippysmackers lists, all the guys on those were great, except for tommy rich. seriously hippysmacker, that guy had no business not being a jobber, he was so out of shape and had no in ring ability, i never figuered out why he was popular.

the road warriors, great muta, ted dibiase, jake the snake, stan hansen, the horsemen and jimmy snuka are all at the top of my list along with the man who made milwaukee famous.....THE CRUSHER ya turkeynecks!
Gweedo
11/30/08 1:10:47PM
Raven and Sandman were great too...
Playground_Samurai
11/30/08 1:49:07PM
In no particular order.....

The original Undertaker(pictured in bojanglez post)
Hulk Hogan
Razor Ramon
Ax, Smash, Crush - Demolition
Ernest "The Cat" Miller
6pac
The original Sting(not the black and white one)
Buff Bagwell
"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton
"The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich
Ahmed Johnson
Scott Norton and the Ice Train-Fire and Ice
D'Lo Brown
Saturn
The original Blue Blazer
High Energy- Owen Hart and Koko B. Ware

And i'm sure there's tons more
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mrkennedy
11/30/08 4:22:58PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRR.KKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY................................KENNEDY
Pookie
11/30/08 5:05:46PM
Special Shoutouts to Yokozuna and The Ultimo Dragon as well
Naturaldisaster
11/30/08 7:19:42PM
I really used to like 2 cold scorpio alot back in the day. And Vader.
Naturaldisaster
11/30/08 7:25:49PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Dusty Rhodes

I've wined and dined with with Kings and Queens and i've slept in the alleys and dined on Pork n beans!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
iwannabesedated
11/30/08 7:47:35PM
No love for Bad News Brown..His finisher the Ghetto Blaster
Also the biggest jobber of all time...The Brooklyn Brawler.

The Strike Force.Tito Santana and Rick Martel<--Prior to being the model.

Da Bad Guy ooozing Machismo Razor Ramon.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hackaw Jim Duggan.

The Sandman anyone who comes out smoking a cig and drinking budweiser gets my approval.

Cactus Jack
Terry Funk
The 4 Horseman

bobbydoomocculta
11/30/08 10:36:16PM
I'm surprised these two didn't get a mention...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Jackelope
11/30/08 11:15:04PM
Here is a list of some of the most influential/best wrestlers during the time in which I grew up from a young'n until high school was finished. I'm sure I'll leave some great ones out, but these specifically stick out-

Hulk Hogan
Jake the Snake
Junk Yard Dog
Big Boss Man
Undertaker
Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
Diesel/Kevin Nash
The Rock
Mankind/Mick Foley/Dude Love- all were great
Road Warriors
Hart brothers
Rick Flair
Lex Luger (Always HATED his character, but it was good)
Andre the Giant
The Big Show
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Eddie Guerrero
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Chris Benoit
Randy "The Macho Man" Savage
Ultimate Warrior

That's the main list of ones that come directly to mind. Of that list I'd have to say my favorites are

Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Steve Austin
The dead man
Chris Benoit

Scott Hall was my all time favorite just because his attitude cracked me up. Kevin Nash kind of went right along with that since they were always together. Gotta love the wolfpack/nwo days.

Stone Cold was a riot and he breathed so much fresh air back into the wrestling scene.

The deadman has been around forever, and is probably going to go down as the best wrestler ever from a theatrical standpoint. Minus that whole american badass thing. Seriously, back in the days you used to get goosebumps when the taker's bells sounded. Sometimes I still do. He was that good of a showman. His hell in a cell match with Mankind might be on anyone and everyone's top 3 list for greatest wrestling matches ever.

Chris Benoit is one of those dudes that always gave 100%. Sad to know what happened to him, but man... did he put on a show - every. single. time.
hippysmacker
12/1/08 4:30:38AM

Posted by cowcatcher

i love voodooninja, bobbydoomocculta and hippysmackers lists, all the guys on those were great, except for tommy rich. seriously hippysmacker, that guy had no business not being a jobber, he was so out of shape and had no in ring ability, i never figuered out why he was popular.

the road warriors, great muta, ted dibiase, jake the snake, stan hansen, the horsemen and jimmy snuka are all at the top of my list along with the man who made milwaukee famous.....THE CRUSHER ya turkeynecks!

To each his own, bro, but I'm telling you that he was hard core back in the day .During the feud with him and Buzz sawyer I was awed . The feud was so brutal though, that he turned to Painkillers and other drugs ,and went downhill. He was considered , along with Kerry/Kevin Von Erich/ Hulk/ and Magnum TA the next generation of great wrestlers at the time . All but one sadly met with tragedy. I don't know how much you saw of him , but i know you are definitely familiar with the others , but in the late 70/ early mid 80's he was awesome IMO. After that, he looked like a shadow of himself to me. Sawyer also turned to drugs to kill the pain and ended up dying of a herion overdose. Think of it like Dusty Rhodes vs Abdullah the butcher or Mick Foley vs Terry Funk 5 nights a week for about a year. In the mid south / Georgia territory's back in the day they were supreme. My big brother''s ( the organization, not by blood) real life big brother wrestled with them around that time, and he showed me the videos of some of their fights . They were the first really violent matches I ever saw ,and they always stuck with me. Their cage match( The last battle of Atlanta) was legendary to me. For a year or 2 after he still put on a good show, but the wear & tear/drugs/ and just plain energy he used up in that time seemed to wear him down quickly. Every match after that just seemed to sapp him at a alarming rate . Add that he was never a Orndorff/ Atlas in the gym and his body just seemed to wear down. By the time he started regularly showing up on TBS( old Jim Crockett Promotions NWA Tv show) he was not the same. Some stars just burn bright and quick . Thats Tommy Rich IMO.
hippysmacker
12/1/08 4:44:07AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by hippysmacker

Dusty Rhodes

I've wined and dined with with Kings and Queens and i've slept in the alleys and dined on Pork n beans!

" Baby Doll is a jezzebel! and Tully Blanchard you sucka punchin scallywag , I'm gonna get funky like a monkey and do a tap dance on yo head! And Rick Flair...... Nature boy...... durtyirst player in the game if you will ..........You just dun dun it! You gunna need the other 3 horseman just to keep me from killin you dead!"
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
cowcatcher
12/1/08 9:37:56AM
i remember his rich's war with buzz VERY well, buzz sawyer was awesome, but like i said i never got the reason that the fans took to rich in the first place. i can see why people were drawn to him after he battled with buzz, but for him to win a world championship in nwa was ridiculous to me, even as a little kid i wondered how that guy could beat harley race. i absolutely hated when him and buzz teamed up too, especially against the road warriors. but youre right to each his own, i just never understood wildfire being so popular back then or why he feuded with such big names in wrestling, but i guess coming up as a jarrett protege in TN doesnt hurt.
emfleek
12/1/08 11:09:41AM
I used to be a HUUUUUGE wrestling fan back in the day. I loved it all. WWF, WCW, WCCW, NWA, etc. Here are some of my favorites that come to mind:

The Road Warriors / Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk)
Demolition (Axe, Smash, Crush)
The Rock 'N Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson)
The Fabulous Freebirds (Terry Gordy, Michael P.S. Hayes, Jimmy Garvin, Buddy Roberts)
Ronnie Garvin
The Great Muta
The Powers of Pain (Warlord/Barbarian)
Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat
Sting
King Kong Bundy
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Mankind / Cactus Jack / Mick Foley (Dude Love was dumb.)
One Man Gang
Razor Ramon
Rick Steiner
Sid Vicious
The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson)

I'm sure there were many more, too...
FrankTheTank1181
12/6/08 3:32:52PM
I was also a big fan of the ECW. And not the new fake ECW like they have now. I'm talkin' about the hardcore wrestling that was held in an old warehouse in Philadelphia. Where the wrestlers were setting up and taking down the ring before and after each show. Fans would bring their own props and the wrestlers would smash eachother with them. I swear so many Nintendos were smashed at them shows. Now that was wrestling.

Oh and yeah they chicks they had were hot, and wore next to nothing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3