Favorite MMA site?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Favorite MMA site?
POLL: Which site do you prefer?
MMAWeekly 18% (3)
Sherdog 6% (1)
MMAJunkie 71% (12)
BloodyElbow 6% (1)
Fiveknuckles 0% (0)
Bleacherreport 0% (0)
FastKnockout
3/30/11 4:55:45PM
Just curious as to which site you guys like best for news updates. Well, besides the Playground, of course! I personally enjoy MMAJunkie and BloodyElbow for the latest and quickest news. CagePotato have some fun articles and usually mention certain subjects within the MMA world that most of the other mainstream sites don't. And Sherdog have some fun articles like Which Fights To Make, Pros Pick, and Storylines, not to mention Jordan Breen is one of my favorite MMA personalities.

How about you guys? If I don't have your answer on the poll, feel free to add it in your comment.

TS92turbo
3/30/11 5:00:49PM
Honestly, I have a MMAJunkie app on my phone for android. But on the computer, I come here for news, even though its from mostly Bloody Elbow and MMAJunkie.

So Mobile is MMAJunkie

Computer is MMAPlayground. Love this site and Forum.
Budgellism
3/30/11 5:01:31PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Just curious as to which site you guys like best for news updates. Well, besides the Playground, of course! I personally enjoy MMAJunkie and BloodyElbow for the latest and quickest news. CagePotato have some fun articles and usually mention certain subjects within the MMA world that most of the other mainstream sites don't. And Sherdog have some fun articles like Which Fights To Make, Pros Pick, and Storylines, not to mention Jordan Breen is one of my favorite MMA personalities.

How about you guys? If I don't have your answer on the poll, feel free to add it in your comment.

ufcjunkie (now known as mmajunkie) was the first site I ever used for mma news so I have to go with them. They're pretty good. I liked Bloodyelbow but I got banned for saying some New York politician should "suck a ****". I was drunk, I realize it was a mistake to say but just delete the comment? or at least let me state my case. That and Jonathon Snowden is just terrible. He writes articles and seems to just go against everyone else's opinion because he's a **** disturber.
FastKnockout
3/30/11 5:04:18PM

Posted by TS92turbo

Honestly, I have a MMAJunkie app on my phone for android. But on the computer, I come here for news, even though its from mostly Bloody Elbow and MMAJunkie.

So Mobile is MMAJunkie

Computer is MMAPlayground. Love this site and Forum.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The Playground is the only forum I'm active in, though.Everything else I just check for news. I was active in the UFC.com forums for a while, until I realized how ignorant most of the fans on those forums are. Switched over to Sherdog forums, HATED it, and finally made my way here and I've stayed here ever since!
Budgellism
3/30/11 5:04:41PM
Oh, and screw Sherdog.
FastKnockout
3/30/11 5:05:38PM

ufcjunkie (now known as mmajunkie) was the first site I ever used for mma news so I have to go with them. They're pretty good. I liked Bloodyelbow but I got banned for saying some New York politician should "suck a ****". I was drunk, I realize it was a mistake to say but just delete the comment? or at least let me state my case. That and Jonathon Snowden is just terrible. He writes articles and seems to just go against everyone else's opinion because he's a **** disturber.

I understand. I can't stand Snowden myself.

TS92turbo
3/30/11 5:06:44PM

Posted by Budgellism

Oh, and screw Sherdog.

Good for stats, but not forums. Would prop, but gotta spread the love.
Theoutlaw08
3/30/11 5:23:01PM
I'm gonna go with MMAJunkie. They are usually first to post news. It was the first MMA site I went to. This site is a close second because of the Forums and the ability to make picks and wagers.
Theoutlaw08
3/30/11 5:24:52PM
mmafighting.com is decent for interviews, but is usually late with news and is beat out by Junkie
grappler0000
3/30/11 5:49:37PM
Junkie is my goto site for news. For light-hearted MMA content though, I'll have to side with Middleeasy.
postman
3/30/11 6:04:35PM

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by Budgellism

Oh, and screw Sherdog.

I hope you only mean the forum. They have great radio shows and Fight week is cool as well. They often referance the fact that their forum sucks lol
Budgellism
3/30/11 6:30:04PM

Posted by postman

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by Budgellism

Oh, and screw Sherdog.

I hope you only mean the forum. They have great radio shows and Fight week is cool as well. They often referance the fact that their forum sucks lol

Of course I mean the forum. I use Sherdog to get stats and stuff (Not a fan of their radio but I'm not much of a radio guy.) I got an assignment a few weeks ago to re-create a website of choice and I chose Sherdog. Nothing wrong with them, just the quality of posters is awful.
kopower
3/30/11 6:32:43PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

mmafighting.com is decent for interviews, but is usually late with news and is beat out by Junkie

I really like mmafighting. I usually just use the playground for new news. I also pull up junkie, bloodyelbow and bleacherreport time to time.

The mmanews app has all of them plus tons more.
Hendo67
3/30/11 6:33:29PM
truth be told, i don't really use any other mma sites other than this one, huge shout out to the playground!
Twenty20Dollars
3/30/11 7:36:21PM
I usually only stick to the two Junkie and Mania and then sometimes I go to weekly but Junkie and Mania I go to everyday.

I prefer Junkie.
TeamDEY
3/30/11 7:54:14PM
My top 3 (im gonna include this site)

1. MMAPlayground
2. MMA Weekly
3. Sherdog

Though I usually look at all of them
horstmeyer34
3/31/11 1:22:07AM
www.mixedmartialarts.com The Underground. TONS of fighters post there including: Shane Carwin, Sean Mcorkle, Tom Lawlor,Phil Baroni,,etc a few trolls, good Modding.
emfleek
3/31/11 8:51:48AM
MMAPlayground.com
MMAJunkie.com
MMAFighting.com
MixedMartialArts.com
Sherdog.com (for fighter records only)

I visit the above sites, in that exact order (minus Sherdog, which I visit as needed, but not for news), on a daily basis. I get all of my required MMA knowledge from these sites so I need no other, really, unless I'm super bored.