Favorite MMA Photos of 2009

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Favorite MMA Photos of 2009
grappler0000
12/30/09 7:23:17PM
There are come pretty sweet pics courtesy of AllElbows...

This was a pretty eventful and adventure-filled year for us. It began with the two of us in Tokyo, jobless but credentialed at both Dynamite!! and Sengoku No Ran, bumping into “Mayhem” Miller in our budget hotel and ended most recently with us in San Jose, myself working for Strikeforce and Casey working for AOL Fanhouse.

We thought we’d share our favorite images from the year. My first round of selections resulted in 450 photos. Well, I’m not going to post 450 photos. But I will post a ton.

Here’s part one of our 2009 story, finishing with Mayhem training for the DREAM Middleweight Title, as that’s the last I shot before I got the call to shoot for Strikeforce.

We begin in Tokyo, move back to Los Angeles for Affliction, watch Mo Lawal train, Sengoku trip #2, Strikeforce: Shamrock vs Diaz, ending at the Kingdom of Mayhem.

Part 1

Continuing with our favorite images from 2009, I thought I’d put a break in the middle of the year to highlight the part of my job that I had the hardest time learning, since I didn’t come from a photography background. Studio.

Working with Strikeforce has enabled me to spend time with many fighters on their roster taking portraits. Each event I take portraits of about twenty fighters. It’s been a splendid journey.

I consider myself closer to a photojournalist than art photographer, only because I’m kind of awful at speaking with people, directing them to do what I see in my head. This year afforded me many chances to improve that part of me and I’m grateful.

Either tomorrow or Thursday we’ll wrap up the year with the rest of the images.

Here’s my favorite studio work of the year.

Part 2
grappler0000
12/30/09 7:26:45PM
My favorite

mrsmiley
12/30/09 8:28:28PM

Posted by grappler0000

My favorite

My favirote thing about Reggie is he's just like my dad.
TimW001
12/30/09 8:57:16PM
I really like your photography. I wish I could save a few to my computer, for my screen saver. I was looking through your portfolio and I really like 13, 15, 18, 28, and 39. I already saved a few from the galleries you've posted.
marcoDGK
12/30/09 9:09:55PM
is this your photography?
grappler0000
12/30/09 9:13:46PM

Posted by marcoDGK

is this your photography?

If that's directed towards me, then no...I wish. It looks like they were all taken by Esther Lin. I just thought there were some spectacular photos, so I couldn't resist sharing.
marcoDGK
12/30/09 9:20:18PM
Oh, I was a bit confused. I thought you that was your site.
hotrodttt
12/30/09 9:28:03PM
I love this picture of Manabu Inoue
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BustedKnuckle
12/30/09 9:28:23PM
As you all can tell by the avatar here is my favorite:
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BustedKnuckle
12/30/09 9:36:35PM
This is a very close second here!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BustedKnuckle
12/30/09 9:38:28PM
And third place only for non-fight related-ness
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
marcoDGK
12/31/09 12:42:19PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

And third place only for non-fight related-ness

This is my first no matter what. she is so hot.
Khaos
1/1/10 1:17:10AM
This is my personal favorite.

mrsmiley
1/2/10 2:40:27PM
Here's a few of my favirotes

Super Hulk tournement tale of the tape

The UFC 100 poster was very cool

Anderson making it look easy

Miley and her new BF (do you remember him? Look carefully)

Good thing Aoki didn't try to flip Fedor the bird!

And I might just make this my new avatar. Boy's just wanna have fun!

BTW,we can't forget this. In your face Bisping!