Jean Claude Van Damme 13% (7)
Jet Li 35% (19)
Chuck Norris 17% (9)
Steven Seagal 7% (4)
Jackie Chan 22% (12)
Wesley Snipes 6% (3)
Playground_Samurai
3/15/07 4:39:22PM
I decided to leave Bruce Lee out of the poll due to the fact that i'm pretty sure he would recieve an overwhelming majority of the votes.

From the poll, I chose Jet Li. I've been a big fan of his every since he took apart Mel Gibsons gun in Lethal Weapon 4. He's a bad ass!
Stickan
3/15/07 4:48:11PM
Jet Li is my favorite because he's actually a pretty good actor and he has this cold demeanor about him.
Plus Hero is one of my favorite movies.

btw. I really really really hate Chuck Norris.
fedorwins1
3/15/07 5:10:43PM
That one guy from the movie ongback or whatever it's called is pretty insane, since he's not on there ill go with jackie chan, he's funny and he does some insane stuff.
jdubs
3/15/07 6:16:29PM
cowcatcher
3/15/07 6:18:36PM
sonny chiba
Trapt1nw0nder
3/15/07 6:34:28PM
from the list i pick Steven Seagal......Judging from my favorite movie from all of them and its "Out For Justice"

Not only is he a great Martial Artist,but he is also a very good actor.
cowcatcher
3/15/07 6:36:21PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

from the list i pick Steven Seagal......Judging from my favorite movie from all of them and its "Out For Justice"

HAHAHAHAHA
Trapt1nw0nder
3/15/07 7:15:09PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

HAHAHAHAHA

why?

have you seen the movie?

to tell you the truth im not into any of those Jet Li..Jackie Chan movies(Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,Hero,ect)...i like real life movies not people fighting on top of trees and shit!
loller90278
3/15/07 7:16:34PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

HAHAHAHAHA

why?

have you seen the movie?

to tell you the truth im not into any of those Jet Li..Jackie Chan movies(Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,Hero,ect)...i like real life movies not people fighting on top of trees and shit!

yea cuz 1000 bullets missing steven segal at point blank range is realistic.

i vote kareem abdul jabbar
cowcatcher
3/15/07 7:18:14PM
oh man i thought your seagal post was you joking around, sorry to laugh man im just not a fan at all, but i see where youre comin from with the more real fighting thing. hes just little more than a bad actor to me though but we all have our opinions and i think this is the first time ive really disagreed with you
Trapt1nw0nder
3/15/07 7:26:43PM

Posted by cowcatcher

oh man i thought your seagal post was you joking around, sorry to laugh man im just not a fan at all, but i see where youre comin from with the more real fighting thing. hes just little more than a bad actor to me though but we all have our opinions and i think this is the first time ive really disagreed with you

haha...i never noticed him being a bad actor...maybe i really have to pay attention to him,but thats just his character...he's a fuckin badass!

'anyone seen Richie!?...anyone know why Richie did Bobby Lupo"...lol..that is classic!
Edit...ok..now i got it right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMu2xNBpyQc
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
crimethinc
3/15/07 9:51:04PM

Posted by fedorwins1

That one guy from the movie ongback or whatever it's called is pretty insane, since he's not on there ill go with jackie chan, he's funny and he does some insane stuff.

That's Tony Jaa and Ong Bak was badass, but it was pretty much a movie/stunt demo reel because they played all his stunts multiple times from different angles during the movie itself. That's what DVD special features are for. As for my favorite I would probably have to go with Jackie Chan's Hong Kong films. Drunken Master and it's sequel are two of my favorite Martial Arts movies. A perfect blend of comedy and violence. I also like most of Jet Li's Hong Kong films, my favorite being Fist of Legend. I don't like most American Martial Arts movies because I hate wire work with the only exception being Iron Monkey. BTW Donnie Yen is badass too.
deadcore
3/15/07 11:32:04PM
I'm gonna go with Bruce Lee.
Gladiator
3/16/07 12:47:56AM

Posted by fedorwins1

ya tony jah would be my pick, or bruce lee but i went with jet li since he is on the poll
Stickan
3/16/07 2:53:27AM
Seagal is horrible and I can't believe how anyone doesn't notice his bad acting. He's really just there to pick up a paycheck. All his movies are the same and they all suck big time. His pony-tail sucks, his stunts suck.
He sucks.

That's just my opinion though, I might be wrong......hmm...or.... naah I'm right.
xchickox
3/16/07 8:11:59AM
Think your missing bruce lee, he wins easy
MethodMan
3/16/07 8:45:27AM
Jet Li was really good in the once upon a time in china series of films as the famous Martial arts master Wong Fei Hung. But not as good as the guy who played Wong Fei Hung in Dreadnaught or Magnificant butcher Kwan Tak Hing, this guy was a real martial arts master (White crane), TCM Doctor and Beijing opera performer.
hippysmacker
3/16/07 10:15:19AM
No Bruce Lee, Tony Jaa, or Chow yung fat..... I guess I'll go with Jacky Chan. He was style was unique at first. Funniest martial arts movie ever-The last Dragon
Trapt1nw0nder
3/16/07 10:34:49AM

Posted by Stickan

Seagal is horrible and I can't believe how anyone doesn't notice his bad acting. He's really just there to pick up a paycheck. All his movies are the same and they all suck big time. His pony-tail sucks, his stunts suck.
He sucks.

That's just my opinion though, I might be wrong......hmm...or.... naah I'm right.

Haha...you gave me props for "having the balls to admit you like Seagal"...lol

so you're saying you dont have the balls to admit you like him?

Seagal > Fedor
CWall33
3/16/07 2:40:33PM
Don't remember his name, but the drunk guy from The Boy With the Golden Arm was the best hero ever.

From the list, gotta go with Jackie Chan (esp the older stuff).
Brick
3/17/07 8:02:00PM
Not a hero, but my vote is for Bolo Yeung, aka Chong Li from "Bloodsport." For no other reason other than he was 50 when this was filmed. 50!!!! What will you look like at 50? Like this dude? I think not.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
CWall33
3/18/07 4:11:05AM
The drunk guy from The Boy With the Golden Arm would own Bolo Yeung. I've got $5 saying so.
mkiv9secsupra
3/21/07 9:29:09PM
the guy from shaolin soccer haha
Broknmunky
3/22/07 11:32:10PM
Gotta go with Jackie Chan! He does all his own stunts and even breaks bones doing them. Gotta love him for that!
mrsumo
3/23/07 4:05:27AM
IMO, Jet is the man. He has made the best MA movies of the generation. All I can say is "Fist of Legend" is the shiznittydiznapbiznapsnap.
jdubs
3/23/07 7:53:50AM

Posted by Brick

Not a hero, but my vote is for Bolo Yeung, aka Chong Li from "Bloodsport." For no other reason other than he was 50 when this was filmed. 50!!!! What will you look like at 50? Like this dude? I think not.

ha this guys a joke, when they air him on tv yelling they have to do a voice over the cover up his high pitch voice. i think he got kicked in the balls and had to have them removed
MethodMan
3/23/07 8:01:09AM
Bolo was actually a Chinese weightlifting champion, apparently to escape from China he swam across the sea to Hong Kong.
chentay2112
4/11/07 7:00:59PM
i,ve gone for jet li as well he's a good actor with great martial arts
okayraf
4/12/07 11:57:20AM
Dudes!

comeon, this is an easy one.

Bruce Leroy from "the last dragon"

he's got the glow. nuff said!
Mastodon2
4/13/07 6:39:05AM
Seagal is dreadful, worst action hero ever!

As for the best, its gotta be Tony Jaa. He started off as a Bruce Lee fan, but he has far surpassed even Lee now, in terms of skill and atheleticism.
Pages: [1] 2