Favorite Leg Lock

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Favorite Leg Lock
bayonetxwork
11/4/07 7:56:32PM
Just did A LOT of leg locks tonight in class, and made me curious as to what everyones favorite one is.

My personal favorite is just a straight kneebar from half guard. Get a high half guard, and act like you're going for a kimura/americana/etc on the side thats not trapping your leg, then switch your hips over, and go for the kneebar on that same side.
hotrodttt
11/4/07 8:11:26PM
I like doing the leg lock from mount, you act like you are going to go for a keylock and you hook 1 grapevine around 1 of their legs and turn around then you have the leg lock
PeteD
11/4/07 10:26:20PM
My favorite is a rolling kneebar from turtle guard. Guy has your back w/ 1 hook in, roll to that side and during the scramble, get the leg unhooked and reach between your own to grab it. I've only done it once but looks really sweet.
Mastodon2
11/5/07 6:32:56AM
I'm not great with leg locks (or any submission really, being that I have only 2 years Judo back whenI was like 12, and am a dedicated Muay Thai guy now) but when we are just messing around on the mats, looking at some of the takedowns that Muay Boran uses, or sometimes on Krabai Krabong, the dual wielding sword style of Thailand, If I am disarmed, then I will disarm my opponent, then do a Judo trip, usually an Ouchigari and then roll back and catch a toe hold, heel hook or roll them into a knee bar. I'm much better with straight arm bars tbh, I like to use them a lot from disarms, but even then, its rare that I'm doing that, since I spend most of my time training pretty much exclusively for stand up fighting.
fedorwins1
11/5/07 9:36:16AM

Posted by PeteD

My favorite is a rolling kneebar from turtle guard. Guy has your back w/ 1 hook in, roll to that side and during the scramble, get the leg unhooked and reach between your own to grab it. I've only done it once but looks really sweet.

Yea I've pulled that out my arse once before. I personally like the toehold not to many people use it, but it hurt like a b***h if it's in right.
PeteD
11/5/07 2:26:21PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by PeteD

Yea I've pulled that out my arse once before. I personally like the toehold not to many people use it, but it hurt like a b***h if it's in right.

I agree, the toehold is definitely an effective submission that is commonly overlooked.
Believe-in-judo81
11/5/07 3:18:38PM
I like them all, but I'm especially fond of kneebars. Sit Thru kneebar is probably my favorite. All I have is a crappy webcam but if you guys aren't familiar with it I can try to post some pics and instructions on how to hit it.
bayonetxwork
11/5/07 4:45:37PM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

I like them all, but I'm especially fond of kneebars. Sit Thru kneebar is probably my favorite. All I have is a crappy webcam but if you guys aren't familiar with it I can try to post some pics and instructions on how to hit it.

If you could that would be great. Not really familiar with what your talking about, but it sounds like a drop in kneebar from the standing position.
loller90278
11/6/07 2:12:22PM
i believe sambo steve has the sit thru knee bar..

search sambo steve on youtube for his videos.

his videos are really helpful
BillyPridemore
11/7/07 10:18:13AM
my favorite is a variation of the figure 4. no, you dont have to stand up and do it, you just have to get it from the kneebar posistion. it hurts like hell.
Salty
11/8/07 11:02:30PM
I just got shown a new one today, Scorpion knee bar i think is what they called it, you get one hook in grab his foot lean back and pull his leg and push on yours with your other leg.
madmarck
11/9/07 7:10:19AM

Posted by PeteD

I liek that one too. I have kinda self taught it to myself praticing it on guys. I have purposely giving up back then curled up so they cant get anything the roll for it.

The one i liek the most is the achilles lock. simply b/c its the first one i ever learned. And it doenst cause perm damage, just pain. only thing is if you dont get it then your oppoenent can grab something while you are working it.