Favorite Guilty Pleasure TV SHOW??

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Favorite Guilty Pleasure TV SHOW??
Next Page »
hathcock32
3/28/07 4:38:00AM
I LOVE NEW YORK is the shit, i dont miss it. Its funny, and new york is sexy.

Damn!- Whiteboy
Svartorm
3/28/07 5:27:46AM
Poker After Dark. I started watching it when I had a stomach flu a few weeks ago, and now I watch it every night. Its sort of like Worlds Strongest Man, where you can be entertained without really thinking about what you're watching.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/28/07 6:26:28AM

Posted by Svartorm

Poker After Dark. I started watching it when I had a stomach flu a few weeks ago, and now I watch it every night. Its sort of like Worlds Strongest Man, where you can be entertained without really thinking about what you're watching.

haha...watching poker is cool man.....especially on weed!

its so relaxing,and there is nothing like the sound of chips moving around the table either..Its entertaining to watch people getting bluffed out of a pot...

my guilty pleasure would prolly be watching "Food Network"..lol...i go on a trip watching people cook..
Ydoc
3/28/07 12:52:03PM
That has to be reality Television for me. I'm a reality television whore.

Airline
The Restaurant
Starting Over
Frontier House
Colonial House
Average Joe
For Love or Money
Joe Millionaire
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé
The Littlest Groom
Beauty and the Geek
Boot Camp
Dog The Bounty Hunter
Clean Sweep
How Clean Is Your House?
The Swan
Wife Swap
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
Celebrity Fit Club
Trading Spouses
The Biggest Loser
30 Days
Shalom In The Home
Survival of The Richest
Supernanny
The Surreal Life
Hogan Knows Best
The Simple Life
Filthy Rich Cattle Drive
Cheaters
Trigger Happy TV
The Jamie Kennedy Experiment
Punk'd
Scare Tactics
Big Brother
Survivor
The Mole
Cannonball Run
Fear Factor
Amazing Race
Dog Eat Dog
Endurance
So You Think You Can Dance
American Idol
Tough Enough
Last Comic Standing
America's Next Top Model
The Apprentice
Hell's Kitchen
The Assistant
Dancing with the Stars
American Inventor
The Joe Schmo Show
Superstar USA
And of course, TUF.
hcazlekker
3/28/07 1:18:41PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Svartorm

its so relaxing,and there is nothing like the sound of chips moving around the table either..Its entertaining to watch people getting bluffed out of a pot...

my guilty pleasure would prolly be watching "Food Network"..lol...i go on a trip watching people cook..

Haha, I used to think I was the only one who watched poker stoned. Its very relaxing, I agree.

Same thing with The Food Network. I learned how to cook by watching TFN.
pv3Hpv3p
3/28/07 1:45:26PM

Posted by hcazlekker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Svartorm

Haha, I used to think I was the only one who watched poker stoned. Its very relaxing, I agree.

Same thing with The Food Network. I learned how to cook by watching TFN.

I'm with both of you for watching foodTV... Except Rachel Rey is really starting to drive me f*cking nuts... She's on every time I turn it on...

They need to bring back the original iron chef... And execure Bobby Flay on national TV, IMhumbleO
cowcatcher
3/28/07 1:53:18PM
im with you about rachael ray, that voice of hers is like nails on a chalkboard to me and she never STFU, always seems very insincere and friendly to the point of looking fake to people too, but that channel is the one i go to when nothing else is on
deadcore
3/28/07 10:42:48PM
i'm down with the history channel. that and discovery are my 2 favorite channels
Trapt1nw0nder
3/29/07 6:23:19AM

Posted by deadcore

i'm down with the history channel. that and discovery are my 2 favorite channels

i love those Channels too,but i wouldnt call them "Guilty Pleasures"
crimethinc
3/29/07 1:17:41PM
My girlfriend got me interested in the damn interior design shows on HGTV. MMA is the only thing maintaining my masculinity.
Dienekes
3/29/07 4:45:31PM
Bad Girls Club and Real world. *hangs head in shame* lol
pv3Hpv3p
3/29/07 5:15:14PM

Posted by cowcatcher

im with you about rachael ray, that voice of hers is like nails on a chalkboard to me and she never STFU, always seems very insincere and friendly to the point of looking fake to people too, but that channel is the one i go to when nothing else is on

Goddamn you hit the nail on the head there... Her laugh drives me nuts, and I punch stuff when I hear her say "EVOO".... ughhhh
hathcock32
3/29/07 8:57:27PM
Yea im def down with the Poker and the food channel. My girl always has me

watchin all the shows on MTV/ VH1. Like Fame Games on VH1. Vanilla Ice

went crazy, doods a nutcase. Does anyone watch I love new york...haha its a

trip man. anything on the discovery channel is the shit.
mrsumo
3/30/07 12:25:57AM

Posted by hathcock32

Yea im def down with the Poker and the food channel. My girl always has me

watchin all the shows on MTV/ VH1. Like Fame Games on VH1. Vanilla Ice

went crazy, doods a nutcase. Does anyone watch I love new york...haha its a

trip man. anything on the discovery channel is the shit.

I am really into the HBO series. Rome was the s**t but now it's over. Next week it's the Sopranos and Entourage! Deadwood and Big Love are pretty awesome too.

The only reality shows I watch once in a while are King of Cars and the Surreal Life. SL is great you get to see has been stars humiliate themselves just to be on tv again!
deadcore
3/30/07 1:03:28AM
we are getting a bit away from the "guilty pleasure" thing but is anyone down with heroes?
hippysmacker
3/30/07 4:26:59AM
The only show I have ever watched ,that I considered a guilty pleasure ,was boy meets world. One of my exes, was 8 years younger than me( I'm 35) and she grew up watching it. She got me to watch it with her( in exchange for her watching my teen favorite ,Beavis and butthead, with me) , and I actually liked it after a while. Still, it wasn't something I wanted to shoot the bull about at the water cooler.
Svartorm
3/31/07 3:23:56AM

Posted by mrsumo

Deadwood ... [is] pretty awesome too.

I don't get the point of that show. I was stuck in a hotel in Denver while flying home from last years NHB tournament, I was enjoying cable tv and had heard that show was awesome. I watched it and it seems like everyone just swore constantly, threatened each other, and nothing ever happened. I do admit it was refreshing to hear a woman call someone a c*nt though.
loller90278
3/31/07 4:36:22AM
being a pride nuthugger and all..

i've seen an episode or two of TUF

OOOH GNOOEZZZ MY SEEECRETTT ISS OUTTTTT!!!

/just came home
//drunk
ButterBalls
4/1/07 11:41:42PM
Rescue Me is probably the best show on TV right now. Dennis Leary FTW
Mastodon2
4/2/07 12:35:33PM
I watch Eastenders.

Fantastic story lines. Makes me feel good about life, by remembering that there is always someone, somewhere who has it worse!
EEKS
5/2/07 2:03:31PM
science schannel?
pv3Hpv3p
5/2/07 5:18:21PM

Posted by deadcore

we are getting a bit away from the "guilty pleasure" thing but is anyone down with heroes?

That was one of those I was going to wait for the boxset to come out for... I heard it was pretty good, but that was from someone who'd only seen an episode or two... What's your take on it?

EDIT: I dated a girl for a while, and tried to make me watch some stupid show called "One Tree Hill" or something like that... The relationship ended shortly after... I would just as soon turn the TV off and read a book then put up with that trash.
johnafirth
5/2/07 8:17:50PM

Posted by Svartorm

Nothing wrong with World's Strongest Man. I barely watch any TV now, but I used to like Partners. IMDb link
casey64
7/20/07 4:17:35PM
Charm School.
pmoney
6/26/12 7:39:29PM
Topic resurrected! Not many folks from this thread are still standing. I agree 100% with the notion that watching poker stoned is awesome WSOP FTW!

I think a guilty pleasure is a show that you don't want the guys to see you watching. Now, I'm pretty bad ass so I don't have that problem () but I think Saved by the Bell comes close. Its corny and yet kind of wholesome, and generally speaking they end with a good message. There isn't enough of that on TV these days.
prophecy033
6/26/12 7:45:52PM

Posted by pmoney

Topic resurrected! Not many folks from this thread are still standing. I agree 100% with the notion that watching poker stoned is awesome WSOP FTW!

I think a guilty pleasure is a show that you don't want the guys to see you watching. Now, I'm pretty bad ass so I don't have that problem () but I think Saved by the Bell comes close. Its corny and yet kind of wholesome, and generally speaking they end with a good message. There isn't enough of that on TV these days.

I watch a lot of the old cartoons from when I was a kid when I'm baked. I watched Lady and the Tramp the other night
kopower
6/26/12 8:03:17PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by pmoney

I watch a lot of the old cartoons from when I was a kid when I'm baked. I watched Lady and the Tramp the other night

Seems like I always end up watching No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, or Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern when flipping through the channels and nothing is on. Not so much a guilty pleasure, but they both are food shows.

I've also been known to watch Property Virgins and House Hunters. Not sure why I like seeing people shop for new houses, but maybe it's because I'm in the market in a few years.
Shawn91111
6/26/12 8:13:41PM
I like Kitchen Nightmares..hells kitchen...Pawn Stars...storage wars to a point.
BuffaloDave
6/26/12 9:09:53PM
I'll be the first to say/admit it.... Jersey Shore

Call of the Wildman, Gold Rush Alaska, Dual Survival, Man Woman Vs. Wild, Gator Boys, Hardcore Pawn, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Auction Kings. I'll pretty much watch any of those shows.
Bubbles
6/26/12 11:09:48PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I'll be the first to say/admit it.... Jersey Shore

damn it I was gunna say that lol. Ive seen every episode and all the reunion shows, as well as some of the after hour segments. Can you top that?

I have also gotten baked and watched Brett Michael's "Rock of Love," and Tila Tequila's "Double Shot at Love." Fuck the bachelor series, these are the best I have also sat through the Sex and the City movie...if I wasn't high I don't think I could have survived 5 minutes of it.

Since I no longer live away from home, I don't watch a whole lot of reality shows (aside TUF) anymore, but Hells Kitchen is amazing.
Pages: [1] 2