Fedor 15% (25)
Chuck Liddell 18% (30)
GSP 38% (64)
Takanori Gomi 8% (14)
Tito Ortiz 8% (13)
Mirco CroCop 13% (21)
Kazmierz21
1/25/07 8:39:39PM
I wonder if this is a statement to how few people are Pride fans on this site - when I made this post I thought that Fedor would win in a landslide but apparently I was wrong - he's not even second
nignog
1/25/07 9:27:15PM
wow couldnt beleive Fedor isnt wining the Poll but i voted for Gomi :P

WARRR GOMIIII
amik
1/26/07 7:12:14AM
The ice mentality of Fedor and his technique on the ground.

It's the best fighter on the poll.

He have all...

tffdwg38
1/27/07 11:47:35PM
my fav is gulliard but on the poll its cro cop
jocksmall
2/7/07 12:26:10AM
iceman is my favorite but fedor is by far the best
Trapt1nw0nder
2/7/07 12:40:27AM
Ross Pointon!
loller90278
2/7/07 12:56:45AM

Posted by Kazmierz21

I wonder if this is a statement to how few people are Pride fans on this site - when I made this post I thought that Fedor would win in a landslide but apparently I was wrong - he's not even second

it's pretty much agreed that fedor is THE BEST but since his wins are not in highlight reel fashion, people tend to say hes not their favorite fighter.. i also voted for gomi because hes got SPUNK!
We_Todd_Did
2/7/07 1:18:03AM
I tend to like the "class acts";true gentlemen inside the ring and out.For that reason my favorite on the list is GSP.I'd also like to mention Ryoto,because most people fail to realise what a humble and respectful fighter he is.Big fan of Randy too.
For the same reasons that I like the above fighters,I ALWAYS root for whoever is fighting against Diaz ,Yvel,or Leben.I don't think that respecting pro fighters should be limited to people who aren't themselves pro fighters.
Sakuraba
2/7/07 7:43:56AM
Fedor,Einemo,Joachim hansen,Wanderlei and Shogun.
roman
2/7/07 7:49:58AM
I went with Fedor the guy is an animal.
nate22
2/7/07 7:52:44AM
Melendez, Arona
Manfred
2/7/07 8:06:46AM
Fedor is the total package: Cardio, striking, subs, good chin, good to fans, kind to other fighters, never talks trash, humble.
Stickan
2/7/07 8:37:12AM
Fedor was also my pick. He seems so damn cold when he's in the ring but yet so warm and likeable outside it.

That and all the reasons Manfred mentioned.
madmarck
2/7/07 9:31:42AM
I think you spelled Cro Cops name wrong.
Its MIRKO not Mirco. You almost deserve a LHK. But not of CC quality maybe one from Jason Thacker.
Chec22
2/7/07 11:27:39AM
I went with GSP. I lost respect for Chuck at 66. I realize these guys have sponsors, but when they asked Chuck questions, all he did was plug his sponsors. It irritated me, no matter how good he is. As for Fedor, I have very little exposure to Pride, so I just aint seen him. Also, being a smaller guy, I tend to pay more attention to LW, WW, and MW. Of course, if GSP plans on going up in weight class, I will surely be watching.
waylon_o
2/7/07 11:33:21AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I tend to like the "class acts";true gentlemen inside the ring and out.For that reason my favorite on the list is GSP.I'd also like to mention Ryoto,because most people fail to realise what a humble and respectful fighter he is.Big fan of Randy too.
For the same reasons that I like the above fighters,I ALWAYS root for whoever is fighting against Diaz ,Yvel,or Leben.I don't think that respecting pro fighters should be limited to people who aren't themselves pro fighters.

I feel the same way. Nobody wants to see the Chris Lebens and the Ed Hermans win fights. All they do is talk about how they CANT be beat. Obviously, when you go into a fight you have to believe that you are going to win, or else you will lose. But when you have guys like these talking crap in every single interview and never giving anyone the respect that they deserve, you just can't wait to see them get their faces smashed.
richieb19
2/7/07 2:31:43PM
From that poll GSP takes it hands down, us French Canadians gotta stick together... but my Favorite fight of all time and one of me heroes is Ken Shamrock... currently I'm taking a liking to Yoshida and Barnett...
jdb487
2/7/07 3:40:01PM
mine isnt on there(mike swick) so i had to take the best--- fedor
Zvonimir
2/8/07 2:32:07AM
WAR CROCOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snacks
2/8/07 2:38:26AM
Tatsuya "Crusher" Kawajiri
hippysmacker
2/8/07 2:41:38AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Dittto. One of the reson's Randy is my favorite is he seems to be the kind of guy you would let date your daugter, or babysit your kids. Class all the way. and he always bring's it win or lose. Add the Rocky-like amazing underdog win's he has, the only 2 weight class UFC champ, and the fact that he did it in 2 divisions and he is nothing short of inspirational. If he pulls it off against Sylvia, and yes it's a big "IF", hollywood will come calling.
StraightLeft
2/8/07 3:06:15AM
I like GSP alot, but Fedors the only guy that made my jaw drop. I had just started following Pride and had seen Heath Herring fight a couple of times. I thought he was a pretty good fighter, and he is, when he stepped in the ring with this smaller, unassuming looking guy. I thought " OK, this should be good, Heaths going to destroy him." Little did I know this man was Fedor Emelianko, who proceeded to take Heath out. I've been sold ever since.
pv3Hpv3p
2/8/07 2:42:11PM
I think it woul dhave been easier to make a best fighter poll... Favorite fighter is just way too wide open...

That being said I went with Fedor... It's immposible not to respect him, but with the entire MMA world riding his jock, it seems like ppl go searching for faults and reasons.... The guy's the best plain and simple... Never a boring fight, almost always finishes... Has a humble personalilty

My personal favorite is Ice-Cold Igor Vovchanchyn...

WAR MY SLAVIC BROTHERS!!!
OchoCinco
2/8/07 2:56:57PM
The Iceman with GSP a close second
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
OB_Juan
2/8/07 5:08:31PM
In order there I'd probably go:

GSP, Fedor, Gomi, Mirko, Chuck, Tito

Generally I like well rounded fighters. Guys that are capable of finishing either standing or on the ground. Some of them would include:

GSP, Franklin, Kang, Arlovski, Melendez, Swick, Marquardt, Shogun, Vera, Barnett.... and many, many more.
Kayo
2/8/07 5:11:58PM
Where's Wanderlei at?

I'm leaning towards GSP since Wanderlei's not listed.

He's still young, always improving and can finish a fight from almost anywhere.
casey64
7/14/07 3:12:57PM
Qinton Rampage Jackson
cmill21
7/14/07 4:31:37PM
MIRKO 'CRO COP' FILIPOVIC!!!!!!
Northrend
7/14/07 6:34:56PM
!!! NO WANDERLEI!?!?

Wanderlei for me
Mastodon2
7/14/07 7:00:27PM
Shogun aint on the list, but I picked Cro Cop because it really is a toss up between those two guys!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4