Favorite fighter ever and why?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Favorite fighter ever and why?
Next Page »
SmileR
3/3/08 7:47:33PM

I'm not talking about who's the best in each devision or even the best fighter P4P.
I mean the guy who you would support and stand up for going into a fight you know he'll lose.

The guy you would lay your reputation on the line for.

For me its Andrei Arlovski.
He's always entertaining and is always gracious in defeat or victory.
He had dynamite in his hands and can give any HW a good test of their skills... even if they do all come up short against him!

So who's yours?

(Remember this is a nice thread so please don't bash each other's fighters)
seanfu
3/3/08 7:57:54PM
I loved the old Frank Shamrock, I liked Dan Henderson before the UFC broke him out mainstream.

My favorite of all though is probably Sherk because of his heart. And once he goes probably fitch because the guys heart and work ethic.
TimW001
3/3/08 8:14:17PM
GSP
Entertaining and telented. Plus he's mah Candian boi! And he's very classy.

Wanderlei Silva
Legend who always prevails in pure entertaining, and he's a class act.

I certainly don't have a very original list, but they're mine.
hotrodttt
3/3/08 8:14:31PM
The 2 brothers Fedor and Aleks Emelianenko, they always put on Great fights and rarely loose in Aleks's case because Fedor has never lost, I don't count that cut against TK as a loss, They are So Intertaining and Every part of their game in Great. Aleks's Ground Game is coming along Great and both have always had Great Stand Up. Just look at What Aleks did to Morais and what Fedor did to Zulu. Those 2 Knockouts are 2 of the most Brutal Knockouts I could think of.

And the way they carry theirself is Amazing, you wouldn't think these 2 quiet Russians would be able to fight like that. And Alek's Tattoos are sick Who else would put the Grim Reaper holding a baby with the saying " Gott Mit Uns " which translates to God's with us, has a tattoo representing his 5 Year Inprisonment for unarmed robbery which means he just went in the place and beat the people up for the money
tuvok500
3/3/08 8:36:28PM
GSP !!

if someones here haven't noticed it yet !!

bullettdodger
3/3/08 10:06:45PM
Bas Rutten, he is just plain the man, i mean his nick name is el guapo... thats pretty much reason enough
puppetmaster837
3/3/08 10:06:55PM
Anderson and Wanderlei Silva. Both are incredibly exciting fighters that always go out their to finish. And when they step out of the ring they are incredibly humble and classy. They are both true ambassadors for MMA
JWils
3/3/08 10:09:53PM
Matt Hughes

1. He's a local boy.

2. I dig his style. If anybody watches much football..... Hughes is like a smash mouth football team. They come right at you, nothing fancy. If you can't deal with his strength and endurance, you're going to get smashed. His weakness is that if you CAN deal with him and neutralize his attack, he really can not adjust and you can beat him. Simple style but very effective. Plus, he has shown tremendous heart in the cage. You have to respect that.

3. He choked out a guy named "Twinkle Toes"...... twice...
ko-kbo130
3/3/08 10:20:56PM
bas and genki sudo. bas is just hilarious and genki was great to watch win or lose
Manfred
3/3/08 11:10:27PM

Posted by hotrodttt

The 2 brothers Fedor and Aleks Emelianenko, they always put on Great fights and rarely loose in Aleks's case because Fedor has never lost, I don't count that cut against TK as a loss, They are So Intertaining and Every part of their game in Great. Aleks's Ground Game is coming along Great and both have always had Great Stand Up. Just look at What Aleks did to Morais and what Fedor did to Zulu. Those 2 Knockouts are 2 of the most Brutal Knockouts I could think of.

And the way they carry theirself is Amazing, you wouldn't think these 2 quiet Russians would be able to fight like that. And Alek's Tattoos are sick Who else would put the Grim Reaper holding a baby with the saying " Gott Mit Uns " which translates to God's with us, has a tattoo representing his 5 Year Inprisonment for unarmed robbery which means he just went in the place and beat the people up for the money

Same here. Although there is some unknowns regarding Aleks' prison time. It's either BS or he was a minor, given the time line when he started competing Sambo. He was recently talking about fighting in Chicago which would be unlikely with felonies. Unless Putin hooks him up

Most don't realize Aleks is a big a softie as Fedor outside the ring:

Dressing up for the kids (LOL at a blue Santa suit)

With his family
ButterBalls
3/3/08 11:31:54PM
Crocop and the Bean.

Both because of their highlight KO's.
roadking95th
3/4/08 12:53:55AM
Hendo!!

Lays it on the line. Takes on all comers. Great family man. Amatuer wrestling backround Folkstyle and Greco.

Come on now, the man came out to Lunatic Friend and with the Greco Nat'l team. Sort of reminded me of Gracie coming out with the family. He was representing his discipline.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/4/08 1:15:37AM
Nick Diaz

1)He dont give a F*CK!!!

2)extremely skilled

3)well rounded

4)very entertaining..

5 HE DONT GIVE A F*CK!!!!

Mayhem13
3/4/08 1:26:10AM
Anderson Silva
- respectful
- well rounded
- always exciting
- finisher

richieb19
3/4/08 2:02:05AM
Vince Torelli.
Mastodon2
3/4/08 2:24:20AM
Jerome Le Banner

+Massive KO power
+Never fights conservatively to take decisions, always pushing to finish
+Physically huge (but not a freak like Schilt or Choi) and has a massive ring presence
+Absolute badass
+Wonky nose from a breakage, just like me, he is my wonly nosed idol!
+Genuinely is one of the best strikers in the world

His only weakness throughout his career was his lack of defense, he can do it, and do it very well, I've seen it but only in several fights when he was in trouble. Most of his losses by KO or TKO have came from him winning to easily and wading in throwing bombs and getting caught with a really hard counterpunch. Jerome has never been one to let defense get in the way of a good offense!

His only weakness now is his injuries, he is getting on a bit, and has taken a lot of time off over the past 3 years and had a lot of surgery, he doesnt have the stamina for GP's anymore, but he seems to be able to sustain it for a single fight at least. Should have some good superfights left in him!

Despite the fact he still hasnt wont a grand Prix, I still rank him 3rd in overall skill of everyone that has fought in K-1, Aerts is first and Hoost second imo, Schilt doesnt count because he wins with size, not skill. Jerome has had terrible luck with the Grand Prixs, but he has a lot of recognition and is still one of K-1s most popular fighters, along with Aerts, simply because he brings it everytime and fights like it's his last fight. I have never seen a heartless perofrmance from Le Banner.

VIVA LA PARISIAN PITBULL!
tylerlee123
3/4/08 12:46:52PM
Liddell baby, I would support him no matter what the circumstances were
rameydl8
3/4/08 1:11:49PM
guess who???????

The Monster....................just because he a physicall beast and i just love his style....he manhandles anybody who gets in his way.......i know he lost to fedor but he almost broke his neck with that nasty slam
emfleek
3/4/08 2:15:04PM
JON FITCH
Seriously...who DOESN'T root for the hometown hero? I'll have his back whether he wins or not.

CHUCK LIDDELL
Any fighter that can keep me on the edge of my seat AT ALL times in anticipation of a quick finish will get my respect. I've always enjoyed Chuck and his fighting style and I always will. I love the killer instinct and look forward to him taking it to Shogun.
Ultimate_fighter
3/4/08 11:58:10PM
Quinton Rampage Jackson

- Strikes with any fight (ex. Liddel, the best striker in MMA, drops him within a minute)
-Powerful Slams
-Wrestling is great to watch
-Funny as hell (ex. "I'll whoop Chuck's ass!" "I wanna "Up-Chuck" every time they bring "Up Chuck"")
-Just plain entertaining
-and the HOWL!
hathcock32
3/5/08 12:47:22PM
Tito Ortiz for many reasons.

Forrest Griffin for many reasons.
fightdavejordan
3/6/08 9:06:39AM
forrest griffin

Because he is the only guy that has a hole lot of heart and he is my fav from the start and no matter how he fights i always always think he is going to win
And i think he is at the top of the chain
and he can be bloody and still be smilen
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Aaronno9
3/7/08 10:46:02AM
Rich Franklin. Cool guy, awesome fighter and hes so respectful in victory or defeat. I also like how he doesn't come from any type of background and just built up all his skills at once, rather than having a solid base to start from like most fighters.
drunkel
4/2/08 8:07:23AM
GSP that funny french accent always makes me laugh. "I'm so happy"

Anderson Silva cuz he can't speak a lick of english and doesn't need to.

Rampage and Forrest G great fighters and funny muthaf***ers, can't wait for the new season of TUF.

Drew McFedries he hits hards and always moves forward.

BJ Penn his ground game is light years a head of the Drunkel's.
JUSTIN_SANDERS
4/4/08 1:51:23PM
The fighter that i think could bustne-1's mouth was the old tito b4 he fought Chuck that fight was a bs fight 2 i seen it chuck def. poked tito in the eye n jus finished him off so yea but tito b4 that fight fought with pure emotion and didnt give a F**k.........
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
p_unit23
4/4/08 2:11:52PM
Its gotta be Kazushi Sakuraba for me. Back when Pride started, he kicked everyones ass. They called him the Gracie hunter for a reason, cause he beat Royler, Royce, Renzo and Ryan at their own game. He lost to Royce not too long ago in a rematch, but he still remains one of the most known MMA fighters and most entertaining to watch on the planet. Another entertaining fighter is Wanderlei Silva. His vicious staredown and his aggressive style makes me wanna watch his fights. I like the old Wandy though, when he just demolished everyone and stomped their faces in when he was champ in Pride. One of my favorites from Wandy is him fighting Kanehara. He just kicked the shit out of of Kanehara. Obviously i like all of the Wandy-Sakuraba fights....even though sakuraba lost all of them, i still had Wandy to root for.
rabbit915
4/4/08 2:30:50PM
Kenny Florian.

He finishes fights.

I also enjoy the fact that he is not a natural athlete, hes a normal guy that works hard and is constantly improving.
Mastodon2
4/4/08 6:03:28PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Quinton Rampage Jackson

- Strikes with any fight (ex. Liddel, the best striker in MMA, drops him within a minute)
-Powerful Slams
-Wrestling is great to watch
-Funny as hell (ex. "I'll whoop Chuck's ass!" "I wanna "Up-Chuck" every time they bring "Up Chuck"")
-Just plain entertaining
-and the HOWL!

Not that I'm questioning your love for Rampage or his achievements (he is one of my favourites too) but I wouldn't say that Chuck is the best striker in MMA. Overall, I think Cro Cop and Anderson are p4p better strikers than Chuck. Just my opinion, since striking is the aspect of MMA I like to be really clued in on.
sinister_16
4/7/08 9:50:42AM
My favorite fighter is Frank mir he is a dominate heavy weight and he has whooped alot of ass in the ufc
casey64
4/7/08 10:03:22AM
Wandy!
Pages: [1] 2