Favorite/Most Comfortable Position?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Favorite/Most Comfortable Position?
guitr_freek
8/14/08 7:27:31PM
If you're a BJJ practitioner, I'd like to know what is your favorite/most comfortable position when rolling with someone. Things like mount, side-control, knee to stomach, taking the back, etc..

I personally like having my opponent in side-control (and am more comfortable with it than any other position). I think it can be a pretty tough position to get out of, and it's very easy to get a submission in that position.
balack_o-bama
8/14/08 7:52:51PM
Side mount is fun. I'm a fan of the half guard and having someone in my guard.
HMA123
8/14/08 8:08:11PM
I love having people in Rubber guard,and someone in my guard.
Turtle position isn't to bad either
postman
8/14/08 8:50:06PM
I like having Gaurd also like north/south
Bowen50
8/14/08 11:43:52PM
personally i like mount, side mount, and guard. they're the easiest ways for me to control my opponent.
The_Ho_Bag
8/15/08 12:38:01AM
ppl in my guard, recently learned how to get triangles off of any position =) 2nd place at grapplers quest b/c of it =)

also my rubber guard aint to bad
Khaos
8/15/08 5:18:56AM
Guard and Rubber Guard
Rush
8/15/08 10:50:46AM
Side mount with me on top
State_Champ
8/15/08 11:42:44AM
i like to have my opponent's back.....i can usually win from there
gsquat
8/15/08 6:03:02PM

Posted by HMA123

Word. For some reason I feel more comfortable on my back in rubber guard than in someone else's guard or mount. It nullifies my opponent and gives my time to think.
The_Ho_Bag
8/16/08 10:10:33AM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by HMA123

Word. For some reason I feel more comfortable on my back in rubber guard than in someone else's guard or mount. It nullifies my opponent and gives my time to think.

feel the same way aha =) i win most of my matches via triangle of so many angles =p
The-Don
8/16/08 1:34:49PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by gsquat

Posted by HMA123

feel the same way aha =) i win most of my matches via triangle of so many angles =p

For myself I love taking someones back... I can usually get the RNC in from there but I do not mind pulling gaurd I feel comfortable there as wel.. then there is always full mount good for whatever you want to do..
Pitbull09
8/23/08 1:37:00PM
Side control. I am starting to feel comfortable when getting a guy in my guard though. Trying to use the rubber guard and keeping the person on the defense is priceless to me.
chris91301
8/23/08 6:03:06PM
you know this thread has 0 to do with training section, would make a hell lot of more sense in the general mma discussion.

favorite position: definately full mount where opponent is on their side and is wrapped up giving me options for an arm bar or RNC depending on which way they decide to roll.
Mastodon2
8/24/08 6:47:26AM
Standing with my opponent backed into the corner

oh wait, wrong tread ; )

I'm not a BJJ practioner, but I did like the guard when I did Judo, and now my slickest submission is a triangle choke, so I find it a decent place to be
KeNn
8/25/08 1:15:00PM
Personally I like the lockdown position, I catch people of guard, and I can set up lots of sweeps/submissions
bigbubbano23
8/25/08 1:15:42PM
i love when a guy enters his turtle guard. thats when i **** shit up.