My Favorite Comedian

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » My Favorite Comedian
Next Page »
mkiv9secsupra
6/7/07 8:45:56PM
I love this guy Eddie Izzard. He is a very talented and very well educated British comedian. Most unintelligent people wont understand the comedy but I love him.... He is a crossdresser. That kinda throws you off at first but he plays a bit of his acts off that.

Everyone here should at least check him out..hes got a few DVDS:
Dressed To Kill, Glorious, Definite Article and a couple more. Now everyone go to your favorite P2P or TORRENT program and search and download him.
mkiv9secsupra
6/7/07 8:47:06PM
Actually he is starring on the show: The Riches on the FX Channel if anybody has seen that.
hughesfan1
6/7/07 9:10:05PM
My favorite comedian is Larry the cable guy. "Gir-R-Done !"
xthe_scottx
6/7/07 9:15:54PM
Mitch Hedberg is the best comedian ever. Check him out.
disorderlyvision
6/7/07 9:32:11PM
eddie izzard is funny...

my favs are: George Carlin, Lewis Black, Russell Peters

there are some other i have caught on comedy central that were funny as hell, but i cant remember their names.
warglory
6/7/07 9:38:24PM
Man, I can't stand Eddie Izzard, Im sorry. I am a big fan of stand up, but I cannot get into him. Good actor though, I liked him in Ocean's Twelve.
jdubs
6/7/07 11:09:03PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

he was the best before he died
xthe_scottx
6/7/07 11:13:21PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by xthe_scottx

So he is not the best now because he died?
Infused
6/7/07 11:23:46PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Posted by jdubs

Posted by xthe_scottx

So he is not the best now because he died?

He still is the best, even though he died!

Mitch Hedburg is so amazingly awesome. Stupid coke addictions

Ydoc
6/7/07 11:34:06PM
I'll look out for him.

My personal favorites are Ron White and Brian Regan (has a gig on Comedy Central Sunday night).
Infused
6/7/07 11:40:05PM

Posted by Ydoc

I'll look out for him.

My personal favorites are Ron White and Brian Regan (has a gig on Comedy Central Sunday night).

Ron White is funny too :P

Another good one is Dane Cook. He's got some pretty funny stuff.
xthe_scottx
6/7/07 11:45:42PM

Posted by Ydoc

I'll look out for him.

I love Brian Regan. He delivers his jokes so well and his special on Sunday will be great.
disorderlyvision
6/8/07 1:33:53AM

Posted by Infused

Posted by Ydoc

I'll look out for him.

Ron White is funny too :P

Another good one is Dane Cook. He's got some pretty funny stuff.

for some reason i can't get into dane cook he just annoys me most of the time. a lot of people jock him though. he is kinda like mencia just obnoxious and not really funny.
Mastodon2
6/8/07 5:35:10AM
Jimmy Carr is the king of stand up, he is the most offensive and dead pan comedian out there, he says the most amazingly offensive things with a perfectly straight face, he is a legend!
MethodMan
6/8/07 7:53:59AM
Jimmy carr tends to do to many one-liners, I prefer a story or a rant from a stand up. Ricky Gervais is the best 'politics' was an amazing stand-up preformance.
jdubs
6/8/07 1:52:46PM
jim carrey i would have to say is the funniest man to ever walk the planet
pv3Hpv3p
6/8/07 2:31:49PM
Best standup ever - Dennis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer"... I know it's kind of old, but that shit is classic...
loller90278
6/8/07 4:30:52PM
old eddie murphy, and now i dig the hell out of kat williams for some reason..
DJDark41
6/8/07 4:36:52PM
Lewis Black is probably my favorite comedian...Dat Phan is pretty funny too.
Playground_Samurai
6/8/07 4:51:03PM
Dave Chappelle by far. Alot of his material definatly feeds off of racial stereotypes, but I personally find him absolutely hilarious. If you haven't seen his stand up, Killing them Softly or For What it's Worth, I highly reccomend them.

here are a couple clips. (Not for the easily offended)

killing them softly clip

another from killing them softly

Clip from what it's worth

and another clip from for what it's worth
mkiv9secsupra
6/8/07 6:42:22PM
has anyone seen that tall asian redneck dude with the deep voice? ive seen him on comedy central before but i cant remember his name. anyways hne was pretty funny too from what i remember
CincySaint
6/9/07 11:19:18PM
I agree Mitch Hedberg is one of the greatest, but I haven't seen mention of the original gangsters.... Richard Pryor, Robin Williams(old stuff), Bill Cosby, and even Andy Griffith back in the day; not to mention abbott and costello's who's on first. They started it all and some of their stuff is still hialrious
Ydoc
6/10/07 1:41:42PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

has anyone seen that tall asian redneck dude with the deep voice? ive seen him on comedy central before but i cant remember his name. anyways hne was pretty funny too from what i remember

Henry Cho. I'm a torn on him. I think he has good delivery and good personalty but takes to long on the build up to some jokes that are mediocre at best. If he can fine tune some of his material better we could see big things from him.

This is my favorite bit from Chappelle. I always felt he relies too much on black vs. white drama when he is capable of much more on his own observations.
zephead
6/10/07 5:36:26PM
Pablo Fransisco and Lewis Black.

I saw Lewis with Hedberg and Dave Atell in Baltimore. Also saw Carlin at the Lyric Opera House in B-More. Saw Larry the Cable Guy at the Morse Mechanic Theater. Saw Pablo at the Improv in B-More before it shut down
madmarck
6/12/07 12:56:08AM
Lewis Black
Russel Peters
Chris Rock (better than Chapelle no matter what you say, but Daves still good)
Kevin James
Mitch Hetberg
Dane Cook
Ron James
Shaun Majumber
ButterBalls
6/12/07 1:16:22AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Best standup ever - Dennis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer"... I know it's kind of old, but that shit is classic...

without a doubt man, I love Dennis Leary.
Manfred
6/12/07 1:22:17AM
George Carlin
&
Dane Cook
xchickox
6/12/07 10:04:56AM
steve coogan
peter kay
and
lee evans
Rich78
6/12/07 11:08:41AM
Bill Hicks
Jasper Carrott
Ronnie Corbett.

And they make up the majority of stuff on my ipod. Can't beat a bit of comedy for a long bus journey to work.
cowcatcher
6/12/07 11:09:17AM
hedberg was great, i also loved eddie murphy back in the days before he became a shill for disney. jim norton, sarah silverman, jim gaffigan, chapelle, brian posehn, and zach galiafanakis are some of my other favorites.
Pages: [1] 2