favorite combo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » favorite combo
HMA123
2/11/08 9:40:51PM
Could include anything knee's,elbows, certain combo to takedown, anything. Jus name it

""not sure if they have a thread like this"
cmill21
2/11/08 10:02:21PM
Left jab, right cross, right high kick. I also like left jab, left jab, right cross. Anything involving boxing and kicking is my game, but I do throw in the occasional teep knee combo Rob Kaman style
postman
2/11/08 10:09:12PM
I like to throw a leg kick they can see from a mile away so they step back from it then when they come in for the takedown trow a right back kick to the guts. I also love when I am in mount going for a v-arm then pinning that arm with my knee then wedging the other shoulder with my other knee then pulling the armbar. Both make me smile everytime.
big_timmy
2/11/08 10:31:48PM
Its an old AA favorite. Left inside leg kick, left jab, right cross. The left kick could be a left front kick if needed.
roger
2/11/08 10:48:34PM
right jab ,left jab ,right hook alwys works for me
jae_1833
2/11/08 10:55:37PM
2 Left Jabs, 1 big overhand Right (attention gainer) followed by the takedown, to the elbows!!
Pookie
2/12/08 2:11:27AM
After slipping a punch, lunging left hook to the head followed by a liver punch and a takedown... followed by flying ninja stomps
Kpro
2/12/08 6:17:13AM
Spinning Back Fist, Spinning Back Fist, Spinning Back Fist.
StevenSeagal
2/12/08 11:52:36AM
repetitive leg kicks like Sagat in Street Fighter. maybe like 4 in a row same spot... lol
RMFG_187
2/12/08 1:50:25PM
Favorite combo has too be a 1 - 2 - 10

1-2 then a kick
Jackelope
2/12/08 2:39:35PM
Smokin' Joe's lunging left jab to right roundhouse to the head like he was pullin on Riki their whole fight. Just watched that fight last night as it was a re-showing of that EliteXC card. There were some damn good bouts on that card
KeNn
2/13/08 1:33:15PM
7headbutts.
candynuts
2/13/08 1:58:04PM
Left Axe Kick, Right Axe Kick, Left Axe Kick, Right Axe Kick..... repeat

Me waving to the fans before my fight...

fullerene
2/13/08 1:59:28PM
Boxing: Double-jab followed by a jab turned over into a left hook

Kickboxing: Left jab, right cross, right low kick

MMA: Left jab, right cross, fake left hook opening up to a grab behind the head into the plum.
emfleek
2/13/08 2:07:25PM
#6 (Super Sized)

Spicy Chicken Sandwich (w/cheese) with onions, mayo, tomato. Large Iced Tea (no lemon) to drink.
Mastodon2
2/13/08 3:56:07PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

repetitive leg kicks like Sagat in Street Fighter. maybe like 4 in a row same spot... lol

Who are you fighting or sparring to be able to land 4 leg kicks in a row? If I ate a leg kick, I'd defend immediately, who has such bad defense they get nailed by 4 in a row?

My personal favourite combo is the right jab, left straight, left low kick combo. I'm a southpaw so flip it if you are orthodox. This combo has a number of advantages that make it a very practical combo. First, the jab hits them, and as I'm sure I don't need to explain, does everything a jab is supposed to do. It either hits them and hurts them, or forces them to defend with a block, evade or parry. Either way, they have lost their offensive rhythm, but they an counter, so follow up quickly with a left straight, this punch alone can end a fight if it hits hard enough, so you might get lucky and not even require the kick. Once the left hand hits them, you are kicking off the same side of the body as you just used for the straight punch, and your arm is at its extension as the punch lands. This puts your arm in the perfect place to whip it back as the counterbalance for your kick. Whip the left arm down, bring the right hand up and throw the kick hard. Even if you use this combo many times, the leg kick will often find its mark, even if your opponent knows its coming; they simply cannot afford to not defend the left straight, making the left leg kick all the more likely to hit home hard. You can demolish people wth this.

Don't get too predictable though, mix it up, but this is a great combo, heavily favoured by the Dutch Style of Muay Thai. Jerome Le Banner, Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts built their careers on this kind of combo!
fedorwins1
2/13/08 4:11:49PM
Crotch kick to a flying gogo.....pretty basic I know but it works.

On a serious note: left jab then leg kick
emfleek
2/13/08 4:46:11PM
Throat Frog + Flying Donkey Punch
bayonetxwork
2/13/08 7:08:32PM
anything where you double up the same side.

left jab, right cross, right highkick
left jab, right cross, (sidestep), right hook
etc.
bayonetxwork
2/13/08 7:12:20PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by StevenSeagal

Who are you fighting or sparring to be able to land 4 leg kicks in a row? If I ate a leg kick, I'd defend immediately, who has such bad defense they get nailed by 4 in a row?

My personal favourite combo is the right jab, left straight, left low kick combo. I'm a southpaw so flip it if you are orthodox. This combo has a number of advantages that make it a very practical combo. First, the jab hits them, and as I'm sure I don't need to explain, does everything a jab is supposed to do. It either hits them and hurts them, or forces them to defend with a block, evade or parry. Either way, they have lost their offensive rhythm, but they an counter, so follow up quickly with a left straight, this punch alone can end a fight if it hits hard enough, so you might get lucky and not even require the kick. Once the left hand hits them, you are kicking off the same side of the body as you just used for the straight punch, and your arm is at its extension as the punch lands. This puts your arm in the perfect place to whip it back as the counterbalance for your kick. Whip the left arm down, bring the right hand up and throw the kick hard. Even if you use this combo many times, the leg kick will often find its mark, even if your opponent knows its coming; they simply cannot afford to not defend the left straight, making the left leg kick all the more likely to hit home hard. You can demolish people wth this.

Don't get too predictable though, mix it up, but this is a great combo, heavily favoured by the Dutch Style of Muay Thai. Jerome Le Banner, Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts built their careers on this kind of combo!

seriously. you might be able to get 2. but IMO i'd rather go up high with the 2nd. thats one of my favorite leg combos. right low, right mid then snap it high.
papercut
2/13/08 9:05:58PM

Posted by emfleek

#6 (Super Sized)

Spicy Chicken Sandwich (w/cheese) with onions, mayo, tomato. Large Iced Tea (no lemon) to drink.

but in all seriousness right jab, left cross, right hook, left head kick (also a southpaw)
TimW001
2/13/08 9:23:59PM
Double jab, Right to body, left uppercut.

Very basic, but works on Am's
tlangley
9/19/08 1:51:37AM
I love double and triple hooks!!
awsome
Aaronno9
9/19/08 2:26:40AM
Jab jab pin up against the nearest fence/wall then let the chicken wings fly. Garanteed to at least spil some blood.
Wolfenstein
9/19/08 4:10:39AM
I like the switch kick, right jab, left straight. This really seems to work for me a lot. The switch is probably one of my favorite standup techniques.