Julio Cesar Chavez
Meldrick Taylor

EDIT -
Hagler
Playground_Samurai
3/15/09 11:44:29PM

Posted by cowcatcher
naseem hamed

I have to add Prince Naseem to my list. I loved his antics.
PABLOMAFIOSO
3/17/09 1:56:34PM
yeah he was the type of fighter you loved to hate! some of his stuff was really good but I was happy when he got shown up by Barrera
cowcatcher
3/17/09 2:36:16PM
i normally dont like guys like him in any sport but there was something about his flash that really drew me to him, and every fight he was in was fun to watch.
emfleek
3/17/09 2:43:57PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i normally dont like guys like him in any sport but there was something about his flash that really drew me to him, and every fight he was in was fun to watch.

I couldn't stand that dude...
cowcatcher
3/17/09 2:45:42PM
youre in the majority there fleek, thats for sure.
emfleek
3/17/09 2:52:07PM
"I am the great-est."

I'm rarely ever a fan of the flashy, over-the-top entrances and the cocky (as hell) attitude. The "all eyes on me" fighter has always pissed me off and it makes me root against them 99.999% of the time.
NatedawgThaM
3/17/09 9:41:57PM
B-Hop- Easily a Hall of Famer. made everyone look bad, trash talking was among the best at that.

Paul Williams- This man is a beast, already beat margarito, besides Winky probably the most avoided fighter since Antonio just got noticed. The future of this sport very exciting fighter, will go down IMHO as probably one of the greatest of all time. He's like a 7 foot tall weltweight fn sick! Not really but you get the pic.

Tyson- the KO's were great. If he was sane, I think he could have went down as one of the top 3 HW's of all time if not the greatest

Kelly Pavlik- He's the man, he's a fans fighter but a fighters fighter at the same time, a technical brawler. he just comes right at you to slug but uses skill and technique to take you out with it.

Gatti- Never Backed Down(GAY!!! lol) but for real...Who has watched the Ward triology and not fell in love with this man?

I also have been real fond of Pernell Whitaker and Sugar Ray Robinson from watching their fights online and on ESPN classic. Jermain Taylor, Winky, and Cotto all get thrown in their too....GOD I LOVE BOXING!!!
Mayhem13
3/20/09 1:26:41AM
Pavlik
Mayorga
Pacquio
Gatti
Liston
LaMotta
Jones Jr.
Marciano
BelXavier420
3/21/09 10:53:25PM
At first I was surprised to see so many people list Mike Tyson, even though he is my number one all time favorite. Then I thought oh yeah this is MMA forums not boxing, we know what we want, and we want KO's!!!
cmill21
3/22/09 1:12:25AM

Posted by BelXavier420

At first I was surprised to see so many people list Mike Tyson, even though he is my number one all time favorite. Then I thought oh yeah this is MMA forums not boxing, we know what we want, and we want KO's!!!

lol True, but I think alot of us started off following boxing. I absolutly love boxing.
StorminYourman
3/22/09 6:58:24PM
Tyson (in his prime) would run through any boxer today or of yesteryears
GOAT
ps Theres an indy movie about him coming out soon adequately named TYSON. I am stoked
outshined
3/26/09 3:49:27PM
Hopkins
Pavlick
Hatton
Mayweather
Tyson
Lewis
Kiitshco bros
Arreola
Berto
Believe-in-judo81
4/2/09 3:59:39AM
Dude, I have dozens, maybe even hundreds, but I'll shoot off a few.

I guess if you forced me to pick the guy who most intrigued me, I'd have to say it was The Gorgeous Gael, Jack Doyle. Partly because of all the amazing stories I heard about him as a small child,Jack being County Cork Ireland's only bona fide boxing legend,and just because of the crazy life he led. He was a highly touted contender in heavyweight boxing, a renowned tenor singer, a poet, and a movie star, all before forty. He lived this amazing life, only to succumb to that intrinsically Irish desire for self destruction and drink and spend it all away.(Nevermind his other terrible choices, which were legion as far as personal finances and relationships went) He died broke, bitter, and largely alone, an old man haunted by memories of being inches from the top of the world, only to steal it from himself. Truly one of boxing's great characters and stories, and there are loads of them. Anyways, on to the rest!

Active current fave fighters.
Jorge Arce
Bernard Hopkins
Glen Johnson
Veeraphol Sahaprom (Though I wish he would have stayed retired, boxing at bantamweight at age 41 is sheer lunacy)
Roman Gonzalez (Check this kid out, just won his first title and I'm convinced he's the next super star three division champ)
Manny Pacquiao
Gerry Penalosa
Juan Manuel Lopez
Juan and Rafael Marquez
Arthur Abraham
Chad Dawson
Joan Guzman
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Chris John
Kassim Ouma(This man is amazing, his life story= one of the most uplifting things I've ever heard)
Ike Quartey( Greatest basic jab ever, period.)
Evander Holyfield( Only becauser he was so godly at cruiser back in the eighties though, should have hung them up ages ago, IMO)
Bernard Dunne (still has a lot to prove, and may be chinny, but he's about the best looking boxer out of Ireland since Mcguigan and McCullough, certainly better than Lee and Duddy)

My list of retired guys is gargantuan compared to this, but if they fought at the 160 pound division or under and are a boxer of serious note, I at least respect them deeply, If not know and love them. I'm especially fond of the lightweight and under guys, so many great technicians and action fighters, and tons of great rags to riches stories. As far as Bigger guys go ,Sonny Liston, George Chuvalo, Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Sam Langford, Bob Foster, Matthew Saad Muhammad, Jack Johnson, Gene Tunney, and Harry Greb.

It's hard to list, Middleweight(160) and under guys of yesteryear, as there are just too many I love to watch, but please feel free to to PM me about boxing at any time, love talking about this stuff.

Pages: 1 [2]