What is your favorite anime ?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What is your favorite anime ?
Khaos
6/29/08 7:34:56AM
If you watch anime, I'm interested to what you all watch.

My life long favorite(has been) and is Dragonball Z

Others I enjoy are Blue Gender , Yu Yu Hakusho, and Street Fighter

So what is your favorite anime ?
mrsmiley
6/29/08 8:42:01AM
I don't know if I have a favorite,but I've seen Eatman and Variable Geo. They were both pretty bizarre.
DCRage
6/29/08 9:40:06AM
My favorites would be Mobile Suit Gundam (one of the all-time greatest and longest-running, still going after almost 30 years), DIvergence Eve (very slick animation), and Galaxy Angel (funniest anime I've ever seen).
mrsmiley
6/29/08 11:05:49AM
I saw Akira too.That was very cool.
bullettdodger
6/29/08 1:01:43PM
some of my favorites include:
"Afro Samurai", "GTO Great Teacher Onizuka", and "Neon Genesis Evangelion".
I enjoy a much broader variety but i like these for specific reasons. AS because it has bloody battles reminiscent of Ninja Scroll (really freakin blood anime from back in the day) and its voiced by Samuel L. Jackson, with music done by the Rza. GTO because its comedy, pure comedy with action thrown in. NGE i like because its a total mind ****. Sometimes watching something that totally messes with your head is cool.

Other favorites include Trigun, Spriggan, Cowboy Bebop (the most stylish and best musically scored anime ever imo hell its even incredibly well written and voiced.... okay screw it Cowboy Bebop is my number one lol), but lately i've been more into manga. Current running shows from japan like naruto and bleach can be streamed from sites (pm me if you don't feel like looking and i can find you a link) but anime has been movie too slow imo. Too much fluff without enough story line. All mangas are usually months ahead of the anime story wise so i just stick to the manga, GET YOUR MANGA HERE and these are just recent updates, you go into the manga list and well, the world is your oyster i believe the saying goes.
jiujitsufreak74
6/29/08 1:27:43PM
The greatest anime of all time for me is a tie between Death Note and Code Geass. Death Note is a psychological thriller that doesn't so much focus on action so much as plot twist and cunning strategy between 2 brilliant minds. Code Geass is a mix between Death Note and the Gundam series as it incorporates these mobile suits called Knightmares with the strategy and psychological thrill of Death Note. Code Geass comes out with new episodes every Sunday and is still in continuation.

Bleach is another great anime along with Naruto. i was too young to really appreciate the old Gundam animes but i did fall in love with G Gundam, which ironically is considered to be one of the worst ones lol.
bullettdodger
6/29/08 1:49:01PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

The greatest anime of all time for me is a tie between Death Note and Code Geass. Death Note is a psychological thriller that doesn't so much focus on action so much as plot twist and cunning strategy between 2 brilliant minds. Code Geass is a mix between Death Note and the Gundam series as it incorporates these mobile suits called Knightmares with the strategy and psychological thrill of Death Note. Code Geass comes out with new episodes every Sunday and is still in continuation.

Bleach is another great anime along with Naruto. i was too young to really appreciate the old Gundam animes but i did fall in love with G Gundam, which ironically is considered to be one of the worst ones lol.

G Gundam lol its totally the worst Gundam ever lol. Every character is a walking talking stereo-type. I watch Code Geass too but i dunno its just cause its on... its not bad... but not terribly above average imo...

Heres the real question for this anime thread, Subtitles or dubed. I like subtitles better myself.
The_Ho_Bag
6/29/08 3:47:42PM

Posted by bullettdodger

G Gundam lol its totally the worst Gundam ever lol. Every character is a walking talking stereo-type. I watch Code Geass too but i dunno its just cause its on... its not bad... but not terribly above average imo...

Heres the real question for this anime thread, Subtitles or dubed. I like subtitles better myself.

You have to go w/ subtitles, dubbed is so bad i cant stand it. its kinda funny when your watching it dubbed and it doesnt match up with the chacters mouth =]

my fav is berserk b/c thats the only one i really watched
DCRage
6/29/08 4:13:02PM

Posted by bullettdodger

I liked G as well, even though they tried to make it more Street Fighter than anything else.

As for the other question, subtitled. I like being able to hear the original Japanese dialogue even if the subtitles aren't the most accurate, and in dubbed they tend to botch a bit of it too.
bullettdodger
6/29/08 5:05:05PM
Totally agree, dubs don't accurately capture the feeling or emotion that you get from the original Japanese dialog.
Ben_Hutch
6/29/08 5:39:34PM
I like the anime with the young girls and old men playing together.
bullettdodger
6/29/08 5:57:53PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I like the anime with the young girls and old men playing together.

george112
6/29/08 7:03:08PM
NARUTO!!!! HA

o and Full Metal Alchemist

o yea im cool
ncordless
6/29/08 7:14:43PM
Definitely Pokemon...
jiujitsufreak74
6/29/08 8:59:41PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Totally agree, dubs don't accurately capture the feeling or emotion that you get from the original Japanese dialog.

and i love Code Geass. i am a mythotical person so i appreciate the logic animes. plus, i like the whole background story and plot because it is so creative and has a realistic feel to it yet it incorporates supernatural power as well. i like it becaus eit is the best of both worlds.
teddythetuna
6/30/08 12:27:11PM
Berserk-Best movie ever in any form
Samurai X- One of the best ever
Hellsing- Who doesnt like Vampires?
Full Metal Alchemist- Great Story and cool concept
Samurai Champloo- Great fight scenes and great story
Baki:The Grappler- MMA anyone
Gungrave- Amazing Story with lots of Great action
Samurai 7- Akira Kurosawas masterpiece reborn
Basilisk- Tons of amazing fight sequences with a great story
Ninja Scroll- Classic
Jin Roh- Really Really good story
Paranoia Agent- Really creepy with lots of twists
Blood- Chick with a sword. Sweet
Rush
6/30/08 2:16:32PM
Series:
Ranma
Trigun

Film
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
pv3Hpv3p
6/30/08 7:07:22PM
Ninja Scroll is the best anime I've ever seen... Hell IMO it's one of the better films (in general) out there
GDPofMPG
9/25/14 4:49:05PM
BERSERK.

I recommend it to anyone and everyone, including people who might want nothing to do with Anime or Manga.

I'm not a big Anime watcher or Manga reader, there are a few movies I've seen that were pretty cool but for the most part, no.

I thought Berserk was done well enough to transcend mediums. It is a deep character driven story with a great artistic style. The setting is mid-evil Eurasia and the content is hardcore to say the least.

I saw the late 90s, 25 episode anime last weekend. I was so impressed I read the 37 volume Manga afterwards like it was what I needed to do. I then watched the 3 remake Anime movies that came out over the past few years. Quality.

I checked it out because I really like the Demon/Dark Souls gaming franchise and had heard that many of the themes and a lot of the artistic style was inspired by Berserk. I had also heard that one of my favorite hero/villain juxtapositions in Cloud and Sephiroth was also inspired by the story. On that premise I thought it would be worth checking out, I was surprised at how worth it it ended up being for me.

I think the 90's show is a little better then the 2010's movie remakes. The remakes tell a little better ending but omit a lot more in the middle and the animation is a lot more high tech. But the 90's show really does have good animation for having a noticeably smaller production budget. The 90's show also really did a better job of making me care a lot more, that could be because I watched it first, but I think there are a lot of subtle instances when the director just did a much better job of capturing the essence of the given scene. The music in the show is phenomenal and applied with brilliance, the movies was only okay. The Manga is ruthless though, it has about 75% more story that gets told because it is still ongoing. A sad realization as I read through it was that the artist/writer will probably die before he finishes this story and there is no guarantee that it will be finished by anyone else. The Manga is on chapter 337 and has been in publication for over 25 years and new chapters sometimes take a long time to be released.

Worth the time imo.
george112
9/26/14 3:02:33PM
Interesting Factoid

If you go to page 1 of this thread, I posted about Naruto back in 2008!!!!!

Guess what..

I still follow Naruto. I have stopped watching the episodes and just focus on the manga chapters that come out each week

Yesterday (thursday) is actually the day that I read the new chapter EVERY WEEK

Damn……….thats a lot of weeks. here it is being 2014 and all