Favorite 1990s pro-wrestling event

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Favorite 1990s pro-wrestling event
tepid55
8/23/09 6:27:20PM
What's your favorite pro-wrestling event from the 1990s? Mine is either WCW Starrcade 1993 or WCW Starrcade 1997. I also like WCW Superbrawl 4.
SpiderSilva
8/23/09 7:32:31PM
The first king of the ring. I don't remember what event but the first hell in the cell match has to be one of the best matches ever
hippysmacker
8/23/09 8:14:34PM
Either the 98 king of the ring( featuring the Mick Foley /Undertaker hell in the cell match) , Starcade 97( Silent sting finally gets a match with and beats Hollywood Hogan) , or ECW Anarchy rulz 99( the end of the Taz era) . They all had stuff that made them great, can't decide.
KaibaThedon
8/23/09 8:47:43PM
Summer Slam 95 was pretty epic
king_katool
8/23/09 9:13:29PM

Posted by hippysmacker

98 king of the ring( featuring the Mick Foley /Undertaker hell in the cell match) , .

this. this was by far the greatest match ever, i may be biased as the undertaker was my fav and my stepdad looks exactly like mick foley, missing teeth and all
Wallass
8/23/09 10:00:33PM
LOL guys SummerSlam 1995 is widely considered the worst PPV of all time outside of Michaels/Razor Ladder match. I mean Mabel vs Diesel in the maint event? Id have to go with SummerSlam 1995 with the wildcard elimination matches, Wcw would probably be Halloween Havoc 1998 as all the match with the exception of Hogan/Warrior 2 were awesome. Starcade 97 was okay un til the main event where the groundwork was laid for 1 year for Sting to vanquish evil only to end in stupid controversy. Oh wrestling!
Khaos
8/23/09 11:30:42PM
Starcade '97 or any of the World War 3 PPVs, just 'cause I like the concept.
Shadymlm
8/24/09 1:22:24AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

The first king of the ring. I don't remember what event but the first hell in the cell match has to be one of the best matches ever

The first Hell in the cell match was in your house Bad Blood with HBK vs The Undertaker, it's when Taker's "brother" Kane made his long awaited debut and ripped of the cell door and tombstoned Taker for HBK to get the win and retain his title

As for my favorite event I'd have to got with Wrestlemaina 12 HBK vs Bret Hart in the classic 60 minute iron man match when"The boyhood dream came true" also featured the crazy but highly entertaining Hollywood backlot brawl with Goldust and Piper here's something I got off google for it

Event: WrestleMania 12
Date: March 31, 1996
Arena: Arrowhead Pond at Anaheim
Attendence: 18,852

Free-for-All Match (World Tag Team Title Match): The Bodydonnas (Skip and Zip) defeated Henry and Phinneus Godwinn (5:21) when Skip pinned Phinneus to win the vacant tag team titles....Free For All Match: The Nacho Man and The Huckster fought to a no-contest.. Billionnaire Ted was the special referee. This was a pre-taped segment....Vader, Owen Hart, and Davey Smith defeated Jake Roberts, Yokozuna, and Ahmed Johnson (12:51) when Vader pinned Roberts....Hollywood Backlot Brawl: Roddy Piper and Goldust battled in the first half of the "Hollywood backlot brawl." This was a pre-taped segment. A live segment ended after the seventh bout....Steve Austin pinned Savio Vega (10:00)....Ultimate Warrior pinned Hunter Hearst Helmsley (1:36)....The Undertaker pinned Diesel (16:46)....World Heavyweight Title Match (Ironman Match): Shawn Michaels pinned Bret Hart (1:01.52) in an "ironman" match to win the title.

WM10 was great too! Owen and Bret was a great match so was Macho and Crush in falls count anywhere when he hung crush upside down and you can't leave out the ladder match that HBK and Razor made famous! I'm partial to WM 20 too cuz I was there!
hippysmacker
8/24/09 1:51:09AM
Fixed
DCRage
8/24/09 6:40:33AM
I think it was in the 90s, don't remember which year, but I'd have to say the one Survivor Series with the Hogan-Undertaker main event when Hogan kicked out of the Tombstone, Taker had to do it on a chair courtesy of Ric Flair to put away Hogan.
tberg420
8/24/09 9:45:41AM
WrestleMania X was the best show ever maybe followed closely by a small show that turned out to be one of the best ever. That being WWF: IYH: Canadian Stampede.
emfleek
8/24/09 9:48:59AM

Posted by Wallass

LOL guys SummerSlam 1995 is widely considered the worst PPV of all time outside of Michaels/Razor Ladder match. I mean Mabel vs Diesel in the maint event? Id have to go with SummerSlam 1995 with the wildcard elimination matches, Wcw would probably be Halloween Havoc 1998 as all the match with the exception of Hogan/Warrior 2 were awesome. Starcade 97 was okay un til the main event where the groundwork was laid for 1 year for Sting to vanquish evil only to end in stupid controversy. Oh wrestling!

I don't get what you're trying to say here. You're "LOL"ing at those who chose SummerSlam 95, but then you go on to say that SummerSlam 95 is your favorite, too? Surely it's an error?
DJDark41
8/24/09 11:02:19AM
WWE In Your House: Badd Blood. October 5th, 1997 in St. Louis, Missouri. The first pro wrestling event I remember. I was 2 months shy of my 6th birthday, and I was at my uncles house in Florida. Instantly, Shawn Michaels became my favorite wrestler, and that still remains to this day.

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker in the first Hell In A Cell for the #1 Contenders spot, plus the debut of Kane. Whats not to love?

Nation of Domination vs The Legion Of Doom. Two of the best factions in WWE history IMO, going against each other in a handicap match.

Bret Hart and the British Bulldog vs Vader and The Patriot in a Flag match? Insanity.
tepid55
8/24/09 11:40:13AM
I also like WCW Spring Stampede 1994. The WCW World Heavyweight Title match between Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat is one of my all-time favorite matches.
emfleek
8/24/09 1:20:01PM
I've completely blocked specific pro wrestling from my memories, with the exception of Wrestlemania III. I watched religiously from the time I was 3 until I was 20. I don't know why I stopped watching but it's impossible for me to try watching it now.

I always loved the scaffold matches and the lumberjack matches, though.

I liked wrestling so much more back in the day with the Fabulous Freebirds, the Von Erichs, Midnight Express, Rock 'n Roll Express, Kabuki, The Great Muta, The Dingo Warrior, L.O.D., Powers of Pain, the Four Horsemen, etc.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/24/09 1:22:54PM
Royal Rumble '95 - '96 ... Back to back wins for HBK (the first man to come in as 1st in the ring and win)
xtra_chewy
8/25/09 3:11:51PM
Wrestlemania VI

Because of the Warrior/Hogan match.