Favorite Gi?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Favorite Gi?
richieb19
3/11/08 1:14:44AM
This thread is for the judoka and jiujitsuka (I guess Karate and TKD guys can jump in. But I don't understand why they ever wear gis lol).

I just bought a Gill Sports reversible (I know, ghey). It came with two pants and it's a double-wieve. I want to buy a Toraki Personal Gold when I start competing again... it's like armor and it fits to a tee!

Here's a pic of the one I just bought:

I was able to get mixed top and pant sized, and actually got to speak to Nicolas Gill (if you don't know who that is, you don't belong here).
Rush
3/11/08 10:15:16AM
Glad to see you found a gi you like. Too bad you didn't get to roll with Gill. lol

As for me, I have yet to find a gi that is right for me. Everyone looks at me and says I need a size 5, but the arms and legs seem too long for me.... either that or they don't shrink when I wash them. Size 4 is just too small.

I guess it makes sense. I'm tall 6', with big shoulders and big legs and a skinny waist. Finding clothes that fit well is a problem in general.
papercut
3/11/08 3:00:05PM
I personally like "lethal" brand gis but I can't get any here so I wear atama nice thick and last for a real long time
richieb19
3/11/08 7:21:09PM

Posted by Rush

Glad to see you found a gi you like. Too bad you didn't get to roll with Gill. lol

As for me, I have yet to find a gi that is right for me. Everyone looks at me and says I need a size 5, but the arms and legs seem too long for me.... either that or they don't shrink when I wash them. Size 4 is just too small.

I guess it makes sense. I'm tall 6', with big shoulders and big legs and a skinny waist. Finding clothes that fit well is a problem in general.

Are you doing judo? If so than check out toraki.com and look up their personal gold series. They make you fill out every possible mesurement so that the gi is literally taylor made for you! It only runs for about 200-220 also, which is CHEAP for a top 'o the line gi. However it's a heavy double-wieve, which some might not like... especially if you're doing BJJ.

EDIT: You know most companies often offer half sizes too right? You could try 4.5... Personally I always have to get a size 4 top and size 3 pants.