Your favorite all-time band/artist....?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your favorite all-time band/artist....?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Mastodon2
4/2/07 3:42:41PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p
Wooten is fuc*in amazing... I just saw him a year or so ago with Bela Fleck (fantastic jazz banjo player, I know, I never heard of jazz banjo either)

He puts a whole new meaning into what the bass does for music...

If you don't already have it, the Flecktones' "Live at the Quick" dvd is amazing, everyone is on top form, Bela in particular is on fire!

Gogoplata
4/2/07 3:51:07PM

Posted by MyDementedMind

I'm gonna have to say.......TOOL.
MUDVAYNE gets seconds
CHIMAIRA, DEVILDRIVER, LAMB OF GOD

That's my top five.

TOOL for sure.
Mastodon2
4/2/07 4:02:11PM
Tool's Aenima album was fantastic, and Lateralus had some good moments, but it was lacklustre mostly, same with 10,000 days. They wont even top Aenima.
Gogoplata
4/2/07 4:13:36PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Tool's Aenima album was fantastic, and Lateralus had some good moments, but it was lacklustre mostly, same with 10,000 days. They wont even top Aenima.

I love all their albums, I am a TOOL fanboy. Lateralus is my favorite album of all, though. Actually, Lateralus appears at #123 on the Rock 'n Roll Hall Of Fame's "200 Definitive Albums List."

Source
Svartorm
4/2/07 11:34:29PM

Posted by warglory
Demolition Hammer

Most under-rated thrash band ever!
hippysmacker
4/2/07 11:39:47PM
I think the most underated thrash/metal band of all-time was wrathchild america.
disorderlyvision
4/3/07 1:32:15AM
Suffocation
sfhdsa
4/3/07 3:49:48AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by sfhdsa

Sytem of a down will always be my favorite band.

Close seconds would be Immortal Technique, Clutch, and Bathory.

\\

Bathory? Wow. That is a good band, but it sticks out like a sore thumb in comparison to your other picks. lol

Yeah my tastes are alllll over the map. And I like it that way.

But I realize now that in my drunken stupor I forgot to mention Mastodon. ******* good music.
Svartorm
4/3/07 4:09:18AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I think the most underated thrash/metal band of all-time was wrathchild america.

Never heard them. Whats their best song? I'll download it and check it out.
Svartorm
4/3/07 4:11:44AM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Suffocation

A great live band too. Too bad they're not playing metalfest this year.
hippysmacker
4/5/07 3:10:16PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by hippysmacker

Never heard them. Whats their best song? I'll download it and check it out.

Al their songs were great to me. They weren't just thrash though, they were like the gunsNroses of thrash to me. Unique. If they had come out 2 or 3 yeas before they did, they would be talked about in the same category as megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer. However, not in the league of old Mettalica , Pantera . I guess my favorite song is " desert grins"
Rush
4/5/07 3:40:00PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Rush

For DJs I would say either Paul van Dyk or Boris Blenn

For vocals I would say Lisa Gerrard.

good choices mate

i'd go with armin van burin, tiesto, paul van dyk

and best rapper of all time you ask?
lil' wayne.

\

I think we're the music minority here. lol
loller90278
4/5/07 3:44:14PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Rush

For DJs I would say either Paul van Dyk or Boris Blenn

For vocals I would say Lisa Gerrard.

good choices mate

i'd go with armin van burin, tiesto, paul van dyk

and best rapper of all time you ask?
lil' wayne.

\

I think we're the music minority here. lol

i guess we're the only ones not HarDxCoRe...
oh well, we cant help our music senses are just more rich than everyone elses on here
Billy_Soup
4/5/07 4:05:23PM
OutKast

fedorwins1
4/5/07 7:29:38PM
Rage Against The Machine

favorite songs are Testify, Killing in the name of, Pistol Grip Pump, Renegades of funk.
ohiostate1016
12/13/07 1:27:14AM
The Killers. Brandon Flowers is one of the most underrated front men out there, and the rest of the band is solid. I've always been into alt music, but I just fell in love with The Killers.
Bemin
12/13/07 5:41:05AM
For me, The Clash.

and when I am in a wacky mood love to throw on a little Violent Femmes

Damn I feel old, but 2 of the best bands ever. Link for the people who have never heard of the Violent Femmes.
Scott_Revels
12/13/07 2:03:22PM

Being that the world of Industrial Rock is my favorite, one band has constantly sat right at the top of my favorite bands list ruling the rest. That band was Orgy. From being a young boy, and hearing "Stitches" on the TV, to now, i've been a fan of theirs. Through troubling times, they've at least been there for the fans, to talk and go over things. Their music is timeless. I can listen to any song on their three CDs and then listen to it a minute later, and still have the same fascination with both times, as I did when I first played it.. Even though Orgy technically isn't doing anything right now (Two members are touring the country with their new side band Julien-k, and the lead singer is rumored to be creating a side band as well), they are at least always in the background of the music scene. The lead singer is a great music producer, and even did the remix to one of Linkin Park's "Reanimation" songs. While also creating a record label for some of the unappreciated bands out there, they are also helping themselves. When other bands finally throw in the towel, and people forget about them, they seem to always keep on coming back. Ten, twenty, thirty years from now, they will be my favorite band.
Believe-in-judo81
12/14/07 5:07:15AM
As much as I love metal music, I was a folkie first, so my answer is Bob Dylan. He's just amazing.
emfleek
12/14/07 9:02:27AM
the Grateful Dead
Boo_Radley21
12/14/07 10:09:46AM
The Mad Caddies
thisbeme
12/14/07 11:36:29AM
Tool or Cold......maybe even Rage Against the Machine
iwannabesedated
12/14/07 12:19:36PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

The Killers. Brandon Flowers is one of the most underrated front men out there, and the rest of the band is solid. I've always been into alt music, but I just fell in love with The Killers.

HAHAHAHAH the Killers

Sublime would probably be my favorite but,NOFX, The Ramones,Stone Temple Pilots,Misfits,the Clash,Guns n Roses and the Descendents are all up there.
Jimbo
12/16/07 10:54:35AM
RATM !!!

this japanese heavy metal band called Taiho r pretty sik, i recommend them.

i also like The Cure, CKY, old Metalica, system of a down and three days grace
Believe-in-judo81
12/17/07 2:04:00AM
Japan pretty well run house now when it comes to quite a few extreme music genres. Sigh, Corrupted, Swarrm, Unholy Grave, Boris, Melt Banana, Coffins... The list goes on.
CantAndleDaRiddum
12/17/07 12:05:26PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
tlangley
9/19/08 1:48:25AM
Canibus!

lyrical genius...

Aaronno9
9/19/08 1:58:51AM
I dont know if i already posted in this thread, but if i didnt its alkaline trio. Matt Skiba is a lyrical genius.
Mungooch
9/19/08 2:14:40AM
Shinedown
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
:
haggiswashere
9/19/08 4:07:53AM
ACDC, Slipknot, Korn, Lamb of God, Cradle of Filth, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Mushroomhead
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4