Andy Hug vs Ernesto Hoost in the "96 GP final

LINK (highlight of the fight

honorable mentions goes to Jerome Lebanner vs Mark Hunt,
Buakaw vs Masato,
Hari vs Leko (just for the ko),
Musashi vs Feitosa 1,
Feitosa vs Goodridge,
Kraus vs Masato
and Ray Sefo vs Mark Hunt K-1 Fukuoka 2001 IMO This is a must see fight.
cmill21
3/28/08 6:19:05PM
Koaklai vs Hong man. He head kicked him I mean wtf!?!
I really liked: Cro Cop vs. Hunt, Hunt vs Lebanner(most of em were great), Masato vs Buakaw, Hug vs Cro Cop, Bonjasky vs Badr was pretty good...damn i'm going to end up listing like 5 million fights lol. I enjoy any K-1 fight without Semmy Schilt. Oh and all of the Aerts vs Lebanner fights were great.
Mastodon2
3/28/08 6:24:55PM
Jerome Le Banner vs Hong Man Choi at the K-1 WGP final last year, to see Le Banner come back on such form brought a tear to my eye. He had a long lay off, came back to fight Junichi Sawayashiki and lost a decision (just shows how badly his lay off and injuries were affecting him) and his win in the opening round wasnt really a hard fight, he pretty much took a flawless victory, so no one knew what shape he was really in. To see him come out all guns blazing, and start tooling the much bigger Choi was fantastic. Choi was taking such a beating he turned away and leaned over the ropes, and the ref tried to turn him back into the fight, but Le Banner just leaned round and started punching the defeated Choi in the face, screaming all the while. Showed the true lion heart that only Le Banner and a select few others really have.
cmill21
3/28/08 6:32:33PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Jerome Le Banner vs Hong Man Choi at the K-1 WGP final last year, to see Le Banner come back on such form brought a tear to my eye. He had a long lay off, came back to fight Junichi Sawayashiki and lost a decision (just shows how badly his lay off and injuries were affecting him) and his win in the opening round wasnt really a hard fight, he pretty much took a flawless victory, so no one knew what shape he was really in. To see him come out all guns blazing, and start tooling the much bigger Choi was fantastic. Choi was taking such a beating he turned away and leaned over the ropes, and the ref tried to turn him back into the fight, but Le Banner just leaned round and started punching the defeated Choi in the face, screaming all the while. Showed the true lion heart that only Le Banner and a select few others really have.

Lol it was funny he was telling Semmy he was going to "knock his block off" in French during their 2nd round match up...I was hoping that he would but the knee betrayed him.
Pookie
3/28/08 6:35:35PM
Hunt vs. Sefo
Mastodon2
3/28/08 6:41:52PM

Posted by cmill21

Lol it was funny he was telling Semmy he was going to "knock his block off" in French during their 2nd round match up...I was hoping that he would but the knee betrayed him.

It was certainly going that way. That night for me, solidified what I already believed, and that was that Le Banner was the top of the K-1 lads, but his crap luck and tendancy to get injured will mean he never gets the GP. True fans know GPs arent everything, but they certainly look nice by the fireplace!

EDIT: So much propping to be done, so many spread the loves popping up!
Pookie
3/28/08 6:46:08PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by cmill21

It was certainly going that way. That night for me, solidified what I already believed, and that was that Le Banner was the top of the K-1 lads, but his crap luck and tendancy to get injured will mean he never gets the GP. True fans know GPs arent everything, but they certainly look nice by the fireplace!

Im willing to take a prop to get you back on track
WhiteWidow
3/29/08 1:37:35AM
lebanner VS sapp, also gets props
jiujitsufreak74
3/29/08 1:50:40AM
I've only recently been getting into K-1 but my favorite so far is Buakaw vs Masato at K-1 World MAX 2007 World Championship Final, Japan
Svartorm
3/29/08 1:53:46AM
Gago Drago vs. "Iron" Mike Zambidis. Non-stop action in that fight.
The_Ho_Bag
3/29/08 4:51:49PM
Jerome LeBanner vs Don Frye =]
The_Ho_Bag
3/29/08 9:00:24PM
i also like Buakaw vs Andy Souwer in 05 Max championship and also there rematch in 06 finals
Aaronno9
3/29/08 10:11:03PM

Posted by Svartorm

Gago Drago vs. "Iron" Mike Zambidis. Non-stop action in that fight.

That was an awesome fight, mike always puts on a show. Cro cop vs Bonjasky in 2002 was also a good fight.
cmill21
3/30/08 1:55:23AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by cmill21

Yes he has a terrible style to win tournaments lol. He can't do anything about it it's what makes him great and a fan favorite. I would love to see him get the next crack at the SHW title if he wants it.
Kpro
3/30/08 1:59:33AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Sapp vs. Kimo yet.

Possibly the best HW battle in any fight-sport of all time.
The_Ho_Bag
3/30/08 7:14:32PM
CC vs Sapp =] ahhh
INDO1472
4/4/08 1:31:51PM
Yoshihiro Nakao vs Heath Herring
WhiteWidow
4/4/08 7:29:21PM

Posted by INDO1472

not kickboxing but i'll allow it cus its classic

also... Aerts vs Sapp (knocking him out with a knee in 26 seconds)
and....Bonjasky vs Hari
Mastodon2
4/6/08 7:39:00AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by INDO1472

not kickboxing but i'll allow it cus its classic

also... Aerts vs Sapp (knocking him out with a knee in 26 seconds)
and....Bonjasky vs Hari

You do know that Sapp threw the fight with Aerts right? He said K-1 had screwed him (ironic considering how much they helped him) and he was gonna screw them in return. He just didnt want to get Hurt by Aerts, because Aerts would have absolutely chewed him out.
The_Ho_Bag
4/7/08 9:56:00PM
Might Mo vs Kaoklai Kaennorsing

When Mo go KTFOed =]
Ronin74
4/12/08 12:42:58PM
Mighty Mo KTFO of Choi Hong Man. That giant got put down so hard that when he came to he had no idea what had happened.

On a side note, are they still doing K-1 tryouts in Las Vegas? I know a couple of guys who are interested but I can't seem to find any info for tryouts this year.
jgtribbett
4/13/08 2:23:55PM
this is easy for me... I havent seen many and I didnt watch any untile i saw CC in Pride.. But!!

... Cro Cop making Bob Sapp wimper (cry.. whatever) It doesnt matter who you are.. its funny