Fav wrestling moves

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fav wrestling moves
shs101
12/15/08 2:55:00PM
Whats your favorite regular collegiate wrestlings moves.. Anything from a Whizzer to a Tilt..

Also does a anyone know any good sites for some decent wrestling techniques.. Props to person with a good site
HMA123
12/15/08 3:08:31PM
Gee, where to start, probly just going back to the basics.. Arm chop/crotch breakdown to a bar arm..
Leg rides were also some of my favs.

And for the site, i could never really find a GOOD site either, they have so many BJJ techniques around the computer and a few really good sites, but no wrestling?? I dunno, maybe not looking hard enough, not sure.. But prop to someone with a decent site also.
grappler0000
12/15/08 3:20:10PM
My least favorite is a 5-on-2.
Aaronno9
12/15/08 3:44:41PM
Jackknife powerbomb.......
cowcatcher
12/15/08 3:57:02PM
the most time tested wrestling move is the crossface cradle, easy move and everyone has won using it.

personal fav: sky force
Wolfenstein
12/15/08 4:04:44PM
This is a pretty good site for a library of wrestling techniques.

sectiononewrestling
Jackelope
12/15/08 5:10:47PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the most time tested wrestling move is the crossface cradle, easy move and everyone has won using it.

personal fav: sky force

Nothing quite like it. Train your basics all day every day just like BJ Penn and look how good you can become at something.
SeanSalmonisGod
12/15/08 5:12:22PM
My favorite take down was a high leg single, switching it off to a double leg. When I wrestle around with non wrestlers, head and arm is the way to go it's so fun to hit.

I loved punishing people with half's all day. Applying pressure to the back of their neck with my forearm was so effective.

I loved stuffing doubles, and locking up a front headlock.

Breaking people down with a near arm chop, and hitting switches
DCRage
12/15/08 5:32:32PM
The "Kobashi Chops".
kamikaze15208
12/15/08 7:03:59PM
I will throw out two things that are not your basic double/high crotch that I used and had success with.
1) when someone gets a head inside single and has your leg up once you get your whizzer in take your other hand and reach under the leg that your opponent has trapped and grab his wrist. For this counter to work you have to have the leg he has grabbed inbetween his legs. If he brings it high or you put it on the outside you will have to fight to get it back inbetween his legs or use a different counter. Now fall straight back and keep your whizzer and his wrist and use your leg to throw him to his back. You usually wont get backs off of this but you will score off of a nice shot of his. If that doesnt make sense let me know and I will try to explain it better, it may sound kind of far fetched but I actually hit this move on good kids all the time because its unexpected. The counter for this move is for the guy with the single to let go of your leg as you do it but no one ever lets go of a leg especially in high school.

2. from the front headlock just lock it up like an anaconda choke except obviously dont pull guard or anything just stay on your toes and push your elbows together. Usually this will choke the guy and he will flatten out and just give you your two point takedown or you could always gator roll from there but I think that is a bit more sloppy but useable.
ncordless
12/15/08 7:42:44PM
Not always practical and can be dangerous due to that fact that you are close to pinning yourself when doing it... but the spladle is always fun to apply.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
dannyfrank
12/15/08 8:01:07PM

Posted by ncordless

Not always practical and can be dangerous due to that fact that you are close to pinning yourself when doing it... but the spladle is always fun to apply.

that kids face in the second picture is priceless!!
ohiostate1016
12/15/08 10:52:06PM
Rock Bottom
DevonFoxy
12/15/08 11:13:23PM
My favorite for a take down is the Duck Under at least that's what we called it.
roadking95th
12/16/08 12:00:34AM
My bread and butter was the Mills Half series. I was always the taller wrestler. I could ride you tight and high. You give me the half and the far wrist, you are going over. I'll torgue your neck and suffucate you when you roll over. Don't want to turn? Nothing like a little knee in the ribs, nothing flagarant, but when your ribs are already stretched and bowed towards my inside knee, it don't take much.