How do you think the UFC would fare without Dana White?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How do you think the UFC would fare without Dana White?
ricoj3323
9/2/08 3:37:28AM
I think the UFC would indeed fall off a little bit if dana white got fired or if he quit/retired , he's done so much for the UFC and for mma in general. I'm sure the fertita brothers wouldn't do that bad of a job if they stepped in for dana but i dont know because they are always behind the scenes. Alot of people can talk shit bout dana for his unorthodox business dealings, procedures or personality but hes a great businessman, he's very opinionated, he's a visionary. I think the UFC would fall off production wise, some business deals would fall apart with some marketing companys, a lil bit with matchmaking and the UFC would miss him alot in more ways then one

so how do you think the UFC would fare without Dana White?
MALICE
9/2/08 10:47:54AM
Dana White made the UFC what it is today. With his drive, dedication, and passion for the sport. MMA was a dead sport in most places when they bought it. Dana got it sanctioned. He is still bringing it to newer locations every year.

In the end I'm sure the UFC would survive, but I do not believe it would continue to grow at the rate that it has been. Dana is great for the growth of the sport. Shit Boy erebody know dat.
Aaronno9
9/2/08 11:24:19AM
At this point, i think it would do fine. Dana has set all the foundations, as set the ufc up with a huge fanbase. How do i think the ufc would fare if dana had never got involved? That could be a different story all together.
Kracker_Jap
9/2/08 11:31:42AM
Such a young sport and company I think they need Dana around for at least 5-7 years....

Yes the foundation is set up but it doesn't tkate much to F up a good thing
Cdellorso
9/2/08 12:16:43PM
There would be huge lay-offs in the cenorship field. Alot less BLEEPS and f-bombs... LOL- JK

Dana has done alot for the sport- unfortunatly he has not grown much in the "Class" dept. what sport has an "Icon" regularly bashing its Hall of Famers??
mkiv9secsupra
9/2/08 12:23:17PM
As much as I hate that man, he is a very successful buisness man and his actions speak for themselves. He has grown the company from the brink of death and created a worldwide fanbase in the span of just a few years. His company's name is a household name for omst of the US now which seems to suggest he has done the perfect amount of advertising and consistently delivering quality PPV's. Im sure there is someone out there who could possibly do what he does but right now the UFC needs him or it would collapse.
jiujitsufreak74
9/2/08 12:23:28PM

Posted by Cdellorso

There would be huge lay-offs in the cenorship field. Alot less BLEEPS and f-bombs... LOL- JK

Dana has done alot for the sport- unfortunatly he has not grown much in the "Class" dept. what sport has an "Icon" regularly bashing its Hall of Famers??

when those hall of famers are acting like pre-madonnas you can't really blame him
Aether
9/2/08 12:34:00PM
At this point I think the UFC is popular enough and has enough momentum that it wouldn't matter much. There are a lot of good businessmen out there, they may not have been able to get the UFC to where it is without knowledge of the sport, but now that it is where it is I think there are a lot of people who could take over and do a fine job.
Ayuka
9/2/08 12:44:13PM
He's a great businessman but he says a lot of stupid things.

He mentioned that Fedor Emelianenko is a coward because he didn't sign with the UFC and said that Fedor was afraid to fight great fighters.

Well he gave it little thought that the contract he offered to Fedor would not allow Fedor to participate in Sambo and Judo tournaments which is very disrespectful.

I hope Fedor never signs a contract with the UFC, Dana doesn't deserve him.
Cdellorso
9/3/08 12:28:20AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Cdellorso

when those hall of famers are acting like pre-madonnas you can't really blame him

The last one was Shammy and Tank- yes they are old and they suck NOW but they once were the whip ASS cream on the ufc Sunday- Neither are premadonnas.... IMHO
TimW001
9/3/08 12:44:13AM
I think we'd see a slow demise of MMA. Honestly. Look at the little things Dana has done for the UFC in the past year alone. Got a Harley Davidson deal, got a Bud Light deal, got a deal with those toys, lighters, clothing etc etc.

That's all from Dana's aggressive negotiating style. Not only that, but we almost saw MMA in NY, and it's still a work in progress...and very close. Same in Ontario. Right now it's looking like CBS is replacing Elite XC with UFC.

All form Dana's aggressive negotiating style.
fonduktoe
9/3/08 1:52:35AM
the ufc would continue to do fine but i would miss the hell out of white
his enthusiasm and fondness for the f word would be missed
good thing this thread is a hypothetical cause i think dana will be there till he's old and gray (oh yeah-no hair)
prozacnation1978
9/3/08 11:24:48AM
i think dana will be there to the end of the ufc
that guy must get more ass than a bus seat
and the ufc is why stay in the game as long as you can get some ass
cowcatcher
9/3/08 12:01:35PM
if he leaves the ufc will be ok because a very strong foundation has been established, but whoever filled his shoes would have to continue on in the same way he has, ie: keep the salaries manageable, keep firm on not co-promoting, disregard the competition as not really being up to snuff, etc. if the replacement got away form the things dana has established it could turn south for the ufc quickly and mma in the states could end up like texas hold em, still having hardcore fans but less and less public interest from the masses. i dont think hes going anywhere any time soon though, he loves the company and the business and is as devoted to his job as anyone else ive seen in any line of work.
MFOTHER
9/3/08 1:16:23PM
If he were to leave, the later the better, meaning if he left now, the effect would be much greater than if he left in 10 years. Every year he does lot to continue the growth of mma specifically UFC.

If he were fired, i would be very upset. No matter what dana does i cant seem to hate him, as the pros always out way the cons. I really respect people who call it how they see it, and are REAL. While some people may disagree, i feel like Mr. White is REAL, and he calls it like he sees it. Just because he sees $$$ doesnt mean it isnt how he feels