So far, women more than proving their worth in UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » So far, women more than proving their worth in UFC
grappler0000
4/15/13 10:16:11AM
The first time two women fought in the UFC octagon, it was cause for an all-out media blitz by the world's largest MMA promotion. The second time felt more like just another fight — only better.

At The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale in Las Vegas, undefeated bantamweight Cat Zingano (8-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) came from behind to beat former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate (13-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) by third-round TKO in easily the most exciting and brutal bout on the 12-fight card.

The UFC deemed Zingano and Tate worthy of $50,000 "Fight of the Night" bonuses, and fans were reminded why female MMA fighters have a reputation for stealing the show in a male-dominated sport...

Full Story
george112
4/15/13 10:18:00AM
Ill give them their props. The 2 female fights that have taken place inside the octagon have been badass

keep em coming i say
BillsNewAccount
4/15/13 12:01:42PM
The dudets have been putting on much better fights then the 25ers. More chicks less lil people.
Theoutlaw08
4/15/13 12:07:34PM

Posted by george112

Ill give them their props. The 2 female fights that have taken place inside the octagon have been badass

keep em coming i say

I completely agree with this. They are giving it their all out there and thats how it should be. Thus far, two very entertaining fights and two finishes. I am some what excited to see the next one.
Edwards
4/15/13 12:42:32PM
The fight on past ufc card was insane, tip my hat to both fighters,although little sad to see Tate lose but one awesome fight
prozacnation1978
4/15/13 1:29:06PM
Fights have been awesome.
I can't wait to see another live one. They are more fun than the flyweights
prophecy033
4/15/13 1:58:34PM
I've been a big supporter of WMMA and its nice to finally see them get their props
xtinax3
4/15/13 2:32:35PM
I wasn't a fan of Wmma at first. I was first exposed to Gina and it was way back in the day of strikeforce and I think they had 3 minute rounds..I was like eh..what? No thanks. But I've definitley been won over now seeing some great women fighters in Bellator and now the UFC. Hopefully divisions will get deeper and UFC can have more than just one division.
Manak
4/15/13 3:11:17PM
they are more exciting to watch then some champs and other top contenders to be honest.
BillsNewAccount
4/15/13 5:34:47PM

Posted by Manak

they are more exciting to watch then some champs and other top contenders to be honest.

I hope you're not referring to GSP. Just because GSP is boring doesn't mean anyone has the right to call him boring.
JLS1980
4/15/13 6:34:02PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I hope you're not referring to GSP. Just because GSP is boring doesn't mean anyone has the right to call him boring.

I take it you're not a big GSP fan. I thought you were because of that Av you sported after UFC158.
JLS1980
4/15/13 6:35:21PM
I agree that the women are proving their worth. The 2nd ever UFC woman's fight and they won FOTN. I enjoyed it.