The Fantasy Wagers for UFC 82

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » The Fantasy Wagers for UFC 82
JustizzleFoShizzle
2/23/08 3:20:31PM
Anyone else think that it really doesn't make scence to put anything in for bets on these fights. The fights are so close that you can barely make a profit. I personally just bet on the fights where i had the most benefits. Any thoughts?
juanez13
2/23/08 3:39:39PM
you can use the parlay system than gain a bit more money, if i were you i'd put 600/700 on the safer fights (anything can happen though) like on sanchez. koscheck, fitch, and arlovski or gurgel............for example put 600 on gurgel, sanchez, fitch and Koscheck and you make a profit of $707, its just an option, wether you chose to use it or not is your call.

but i do agree its a hard event to wager for, since some fights are so close, that you dont want to risk it cus it can go either way, ( hendo/silva, tanner/okami, Cummo/Fioravanti, sakara/leben and herring/kongo)......and than the rest are so one sided, that even though they are considerably safe bets, there is almost no profit if you bet on them....for example fitch being -900, sanchez -720, Kos being -600 etc.....
tuvok500
2/23/08 4:12:41PM

Posted by juanez13

you can use the parlay system than gain a bit more money, if i were you i'd put 600/700 on the safer fights (anything can happen though) like on sanchez. koscheck, fitch, and arlovski or gurgel............for example put 600 on gurgel, sanchez, fitch and Koscheck and you make a profit of $707, its just an option, wether you chose to use it or not is your call.

but i do agree its a hard event to wager for, since some fights are so close, that you dont want to risk it cus it can go either way, ( hendo/silva, tanner/okami, Cummo/Fioravanti, sakara/leben and herring/kongo)......and than the rest are so one sided, that even though they are considerably safe bets, there is almost no profit if you bet on them....for example fitch being -900, sanchez -720, Kos being -600 etc.....

Gurgel is nowhere close to a safe bet !!

I think he will lose.

postman
2/23/08 4:30:14PM
I actually parlayed that bet with some safe fights.
MFOTHER
2/23/08 5:51:19PM
yeh i only put 50 or 75 on the underdogs......i knw fitch and others will win...but if there is a crazy cut or a surprise, i could win 1000+ on any of them

does the money ever reload btw? or do i just have to make a new account when it runs out??
wolfman
2/23/08 5:56:11PM

Posted by MFOTHER

yeh i only put 50 or 75 on the underdogs......i knw fitch and others will win...but if there is a crazy cut or a surprise, i could win 1000+ on any of them

does the money ever reload btw? or do i just have to make a new account when it runs out??

Reloads at the start of each season.
Pookie
2/23/08 6:50:00PM
I think okami is a pretty safe bet.

600 on Koscheck, Sanchez, Fitch, and Okami for about $1000 profit.
MMAcca
2/24/08 3:51:58AM
I don't agree that Arlovski is a safe bet at all.

I see O'Brien taking this in the most boring fight of the night.
DCRage
2/24/08 9:53:49AM

Posted by MFOTHER

You also earn some more whenever your picks are correct, and even more when you pick the finishing method and round correctly but you also have to pick the winning fighter to get that.
JustizzleFoShizzle
2/25/08 1:47:23AM
I just think that it's almost impossible to pick a correct win because of this sport. Like there's the obvious choice but you never know. For example, I'm not betting on the next st.pierre/serra fight.....history tends to repeat itself and you never know.

Also, I only think it's worth betting for main card fights, i like to keep track of my investments if you know what i mean. Since most of the main card fights are little or no payout, theres no point for me
postman
2/25/08 2:02:37AM

Posted by JustizzleFoShizzle

I just think that it's almost impossible to pick a correct win because of this sport. Like there's the obvious choice but you never know. For example, I'm not betting on the next st.pierre/serra fight.....history tends to repeat itself and you never know.

Also, I only think it's worth betting for main card fights, i like to keep track of my investments if you know what i mean. Since most of the main card fights are little or no payout, theres no point for me

I made alot of real money in the Edgar Fisher fight at 78. My buddy made like 3gs on the Kongo CRO Cop fight. And how could I forget the odds I was getting on the Sylvia Vera fight. Money in the Bank. Now Cro Cop Kongo I have to admit it took a sack to put Money on Kongo but he had a feeling.
CornishMMA
2/25/08 10:30:59AM
LOL at some of these posts - im not giving detailed info so you guys can copy me but rest assured im fairly confident in my wagers

But i do get the point of the thread, alot of fights are 50/50, and the others are risky for the odds with the faves

Mind you im still yet to win a parlay bet - but still cant stop myself from incluing 4 fighters to get more money - on an event like this it maybe wiser to just do a 2 or 3 man parlay?
Pookie
2/25/08 4:46:00PM

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL at some of these posts - im not giving detailed info so you guys can copy me but rest assured im fairly confident in my wagers

But i do get the point of the thread, alot of fights are 50/50, and the others are risky for the odds with the faves

Mind you im still yet to win a parlay bet - but still cant stop myself from incluing 4 fighters to get more money - on an event like this it maybe wiser to just do a 2 or 3 man parlay?

Lol ive won 1 parlay and i always just put in the fights im certain about
gsquat
2/26/08 1:53:57PM
I've got money down on Halverson as my faith in Gurgel has depleted, with a parlay on Fitch. I wouldn't put money on any others really.