Fantasy UFC style draft

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fantasy UFC style draft
Next Page »
Rabi
4/3/11 10:40:03AM
Its been a couple of months since the last draft so I thought I would set up a new one. This is a concept I have come up with myself, for it to work I will need 6 players ( me + 5 more).

We will all take turns in a snake draft to pick 24 fighters each. With your 24 fighters you will have 12 single matches ( no 1 night tournaments). Each fighter must fight in a weight class that they have fought in the last 3 years or who are scheduled to fight in in the near future eg KenFlo at FW. All fighters must be active and female fighters can be drafted to fight other female fighters.

Everyone will have 12 hrs to pick, if they don't pick in the 12 hrs the draft will continue and they can catch up when it gets back to them, if they don't catch up before there next pick they will be automatically skipped with out the 12 hr wait ( but they can still catch up when they log back in).

Once the draft has been completed every one will send there UFC style card to me. Every card will have the same format.

Main Event
Co Main Event
3 x Main Card Fights

2 x Prelims on Spike
2 x Prelims on Facebook
3 x Unaired Prelims

The voting will work different to previous drafts, instead of voting on the whole card we will vote on each section.

The way it will work is:

We will start with the bottom of the card and work up.

Unaired Prelims Pts will count down from 6-1 ( most votes 6)

Facebook Prelims will count down from 7-2

Spike Prelims will count down from 8-3

Main Card fights will count down from 9-4

Co Main Event will count down from 10-5

Main Event 11-6.

For each section there will be 24 hrs to vote and then at the end we will combine the points to see who has the strongest card overall.

1. AchillesHeel - Jones, Jackson, Edgar, Florian, Shields, R Evans, Mousasi, Bisping, P Davis, Okami, Guillard, Franklin, Marquardt, Fitch, Koshcheck, Maynard, Roger Gracie, Hansen, Hominick, Bonnar, Gamburyan, Kim, Ishida, Matt Hughes
2. DeadHead988 - Aldo, Penn, Guida, Sotiropoulos, Sonnen, Korean Zombie, Pickett, Mendes, Lombard, Cerrone, Siver, Ellenberger, Sakuraba, Pyle, Aoki, Bocek, Quarry, Scott Smith, Big Nog, Struve, Megumi Fujii, Coenen, H Alexander, J Irvin
3. Budgellism - Valesquez, Fedor, Alverez, Melendez, Shogun, Dan Henderson, W Silva, Belcher, T Alves, A Johnson, Benavidez, Jorgensen, Kharitinov, D Herman, Sandro, Warren, J Miller, Palhares, M McDonald, Demetrious Johnson, Dunham, Masvidal, Manhoef, Shlemenko
4. Rabi - Anderson Silva, Machida, Lesnar, Faber, Cruz, Barnett, Belfort, Stann, Condit, Kampmann, J Miller, B Henderson, R Lawler, Schaub, Rogers, Cung Le, Daley, Hardy, Lytle, Nate Diaz, Askren, Woodley, Akiyama, T Kennedy
5. gspfan - Overeem, JDS, Antonio Silva, Carwin, Werdum, Mir, Jacare, Maia, Sanchez, Lawal, Bader, F Griffin, Lil Nog, Story, Couture, T Silva, Barboza, Oliviera, Koch, Freire, Brian Foster, Hioki, T Griffin, Zaromskis
6. horstmeyer34 - GSP, Torres, Nick Diaz, Kid Yamamoto, Nelson, Mitrione, Pettis, Gomi, Santiago, Leben, J Stephens, Stout, Berao, Bowles, Grispi, Soto, Munoz, McGee, Mamoru Yamaguchi, Alexis Vila, Browne, McCorkle, Gustafsson, Sosynski
Budgellism
4/3/11 9:11:51PM
No one other than Rabi and I want to take part in this?
Playground_Samurai
4/3/11 9:18:20PM
count me in
horstmeyer34
4/4/11 2:01:12AM
im up for the challenge
DeadHead988
4/4/11 4:46:55AM
Sounds fun I'm in!
Rabi
4/4/11 5:05:11AM
1 more needed.
AchillesHeel
4/4/11 10:30:43AM
I can play, if you're still looking for someone.

p.s. If it's open to debate, I'd prefer a straight draft to a snake draft.
Rabi
4/4/11 11:34:29AM
Draft is now full, I will set this up shortly, I prefer a snake, but what ill do is pm every one and let them all vote and we can go with the majority.
Rabi
4/4/11 6:52:20PM
I did the vote and 4 people voted so far and 3 people chose snake, so I'm gonna stick with the snake draft.

I will use the first post to update picks and I ahve also randomly decided the draft order. Good luck to everyone and the first 12 hrs start NOW!
Budgellism
4/4/11 8:45:11PM
Right in the middle, not bad. Does each pick get 12 hours? Or each round?
AchillesHeel
4/4/11 9:49:21PM
1. Jon Jones
Rabi
4/5/11 1:19:13AM
Each pick gets 12:rs
horstmeyer34
4/5/11 9:38:47AM
this will be awesome
Budgellism
4/5/11 9:55:55AM

Posted by Rabi

Rabi, thanks again for the reply. I'm excited to get this rolling, I've got a bunch of choices lined up.
AchillesHeel
4/5/11 10:10:28AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Rabi

Rabi, thanks again for the reply. I'm excited to get this rolling, I've got a bunch of choices lined up.

Well, it's your pick. DeadHead988 missed his 12-hour window.
Budgellism
4/5/11 10:57:39AM
Sweet, I've got Cain Velasquez then.
Rabi
4/5/11 1:57:57PM
Ill pick Anderson Silva
DeadHead988
4/5/11 5:54:34PM
Sorry, guys my bad. I'll take Jose Aldo
Budgellism
4/5/11 6:13:18PM
No worries dude, good pick.
Playground_Samurai
4/5/11 6:18:40PM
R1: Strikeforce and Dream HW Champion, Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem 6'5''/262lbs Golden Glory
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
horstmeyer34
4/5/11 11:43:37PM
I'll take GSP. sorry for taking so long i just finished High School today
Budgellism
4/6/11 12:06:05AM

Posted by horstmeyer34

I'll take GSP.
sorry for taking so long i just finished High School today

Good stuff man, congrats. You get the next pick as well.
DeadHead988
4/6/11 1:10:43AM
This draft looks like it may take a week to finish. Is there a more efficient way? All I can think of is lowering the 12 hr. window to an 8 hr. window.
Budgellism
4/6/11 1:22:04AM

Posted by DeadHead988

This draft looks like it may take a week to finish. Is there a more efficient way? All I can think of is lowering the 12 hr. window to an 8 hr. window.

I like that idea since I don't sleep more than 6 hours a day anyways and I'm always on the site but others might have a problem with that. The best advice I can give is to check the site as frequently as possible and if you notice that your turn is soon try and just stay on. We can get this done in a couple of days tops.
Rabi
4/6/11 2:22:10AM
It will take longer then a week, 12 hrs is the best way to help with the different time zones ( i live in the UK). There is no rush to finish the draft.
DeadHead988
4/6/11 2:29:06AM
That's fine. As long as everyone's on the same page I don't mind being patient.
Rabi
4/6/11 2:31:07AM
horstmeyer34 needs to make another pick, I have pm'd him, his 12 hr clock started when gspfan made his pick, if they expire then gspfan can pick again.
horstmeyer34
4/6/11 3:06:42AM
Miguel Torres
Playground_Samurai
4/6/11 9:52:22AM
R1: Strikeforce, Dream, and K1 GP HW Champion, Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem 6'5''/262lbs (34-11) Golden Glory

R2: Junior "Cigano" dos Santos 6'4''/240lbs (12-1) Black House
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Rabi
4/6/11 9:55:08AM
Ill take Lyoto Machida
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9