fantasy picks curiosity

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » fantasy picks curiosity
JunCTion
2/22/07 12:28:02PM

just a few ?s for you guys

i know most of us pick the heavily favored fighter but how do you...

pick the winner if its thought to be a close fight or
pick the winner if youve never seen the fighters before

how do you pick what round the fight will end or
knockout or submission or decision

im comfortable with my picks of well known fighters but when it comes to the others i have benn looking at
W/L, who they've W/L to, how many W/L by ko / sub / decision

for example,
i picked gomi by decision cause i think their both good strikers & grapplers but when diaz cant finish a fight early he never wins the decision.

but with joe riggs, i would never know how to pick. wins against good & bad, losses against good & bad, hes a good ground guy-opps gets sub'd, good striker-oops gets ko'd.

just looking for thoughts, you dont have to give away any family secrets

i guess any info would help me when it comes to betting also. especially if we have the same pick but are betting on the outcome
deadcore
2/22/07 12:56:01PM
if i don't know a fighter i read their bio at sherdog and than make a educated guess. if its a close match-up i just flip a coin(jk) you just need to a bit of research and do the best you can from the info you find.
JunCTion
2/22/07 3:24:58PM

Posted by deadcore

if i don't know a fighter i read their bio at sherdog and than make a educated guess. if its a close match-up i just flip a coin(jk) you just need to a bit of research and do the best you can from the info you find.

yeah, thats kinda what ive been doing. using ths sherdog fight finder.
my problem was not finding it until after our first event. i got 44 out of 50 on the first 4 fights but then lost the next 5
LoSt
2/23/07 9:28:40PM
well when you have these huge mismatches like on this card its not so much of a problem, but if you go to dailymotion.com you can watch zillions of fights and if the fighter is well known chances are he has a fight or two on there.