Fantasy matchups (with a twist)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fantasy matchups (with a twist)
mrsmiley
10/7/10 5:50:25PM
Sorry if this has been done before, but considering how we always have countless fantasy matchup threads popping up through the years I thought maybe this would be a change of pace.

Pick any MMA fighters you wish. regardless of weightclass and make a fantasy matchup. However, these fantasy matches take place in K1. with only kickboxing rules. I can't help but to picture this one:

Melvin Manhoef vs Roy Nelson.

Sure the weight difference is absured but just imagine how entertaining that would be. could Nelson withstand an onslaught of Manhoefs leg kicks?
Or would the power behind Nelson's size take down the smaller fighter?

Who else has got one?
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/7/10 6:51:12PM
Bob Sapp vs. Frankie Edgar
I'd probably pick Frankie via shoryuken.
I reckon a good one would be Daley vs. Lawler
FastKnockout
10/7/10 8:22:07PM
Jon Jones .vs. Stefan Struve

I want to see how those spinning back fists and elbows work on a fighter the length of Struve.

Kimbo Slice .vs. Rampage

The battle of the streets! Both fighters have that street persona where they want everyone to know that they have respect on the streets. Well, time for some (more) black on black crime!

BJ Penn .vs. Jose Aldo

Anyone else agree that this fight will be nothing but epic? Sure, Edgar WON his fight against Penn, but I want to see someone DESTROY Penn, to really dominate him, and I think Aldo would do just that. Penn needs more motivation as he ages, and the ass whooping from Aldo should do wonders.

(Prime) Chuck Liddell .vs. Forrest Griffin

Nothing better than a teacher .vs. student match up. I was really hoping that this fight would come up after Liddell beat Wanderlei, but nothing happened. I honestly think this fight would be exciting for the fans, since both fighters have a huge fan base, and the style clash would be interesting to watch. Oh well. At least I can go back and play this fight as much as I want on Undisputed.

Tito Ortiz .vs. Ryan Bader

Dana White, if you somehow stumble across this, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN! This would be nothing short of amazing, considering I think Bader would put a beating on Ortiz. If Bader loses to Jones, and Ortiz dominates Hamill, I would love to see this fight happen!

The list just goes on and on, but I'll stop here..
Jackelope
10/7/10 8:27:10PM
Mark Hominick vs. Sam Stout would be a barn burner I think.
BeeR
10/7/10 8:40:26PM
if it was K1 rules, Stout vs Edgar, boxer vs kickboxer
stout vs fisher II was spectacular, this would be the same.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/7/10 8:47:28PM
Same weight class but Marlon Sandro vs. Jose Aldo
Pookie
10/7/10 11:24:15PM
Nick Diaz v. Georges St. Pierre
Drudinh
10/8/10 1:08:48AM
Pat Barry vs Cain Velasquez

Bas Rutten vs Kimbo
lohmann
10/8/10 1:59:38AM
I wracked my brain for potential K1 vs. MMA fighters (to even make the twist cooler) but the closest I could come to fun fights, Overeem aside, are Spong/Silva and Aldo/Buakaw, but even then the MMA fighter would get beat up pretty bad.

Anderson Silva vs. Cung Le
Pookie
10/8/10 2:43:40AM
Petrosyan v. Thiago Alves

The weight difference would be key for Alves
AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST
10/8/10 7:57:12AM
Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones Chuck Liddell vs Melvin Manhoef Robbie Lawler vs Thiago Silva
gartface
10/8/10 8:39:46AM
Struve vs. Schilt
Pookie
10/8/10 8:08:06PM

Posted by gartface

Struve vs. Schilt

I think schilt wins that even in an Mma match.
BeeR
10/8/10 8:45:06PM
struve would submit him in an mma match
Pookie
10/8/10 8:54:43PM

Posted by BeeR

struve would submit him in an mma match

I dont think he could take him down, nor last 3 minutes on the feet.
emfleek
10/8/10 11:52:10PM
Liddell vs. Cro Cop
loonytnt
10/9/10 12:52:15PM
javier "showtime" vasques vs jose aldo

that would be a awesome fight!!
mrsmiley
10/9/10 3:50:48PM

Posted by emfleek

Liddell vs. Cro Cop

That would be very interesting indeed!

CC definently has the experince advantage considering he's K1 level, but I think one thing Chuck has still got that CC doesn't is the "kill switch".
warglory
10/9/10 4:48:06PM

Posted by lohmann

I wracked my brain for potential K1 vs. MMA fighters (to even make the twist cooler) but the closest I could come to fun fights, Overeem aside, are Spong/Silva and Aldo/Buakaw, but even then the MMA fighter would get beat up pretty bad.

Anderson Silva vs. Cung Le

Oh man, Silva would do things to Cung Le that are illegal in most countries
lohmann
10/9/10 6:52:41PM

Posted by gartface

Struve vs. Schilt

Not a Stefan Struve fan?
billfold9
10/10/10 3:11:32AM
Brett Rogers vs Anderson Silva, JDS vs Carwin, Todd Duffee vs Pat Barry, Alistiar Overheem vs Jose Aldo , Brett Rogers vs Bob Sapp, Shogun vs Mousasi and Fedor Emelianenko vs GSP