Fantasy Match Up: Roger Huerta vs. Joe Stevenson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fantasy Match Up: Roger Huerta vs. Joe Stevenson
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/16/08 6:30:06PM
Who takes it.

I want to say Stevenson...but in all honesty I'd pick Huerta because he has a tendency to pull fights out of his ass.
juanez13
3/16/08 6:33:03PM
i'd take joe daddy, he'll keep huerta on his back for the whole fight like guida did, expect i doubt huerta will get lucky and catch him with something, so i say stevenson by UD.
Aaronno9
3/16/08 7:02:35PM
Stevenson by ud or late tko via g'n'p. I think roger gasses late in fight (although he has an amazing tendancey to still beable to fight well gassed) the joe takes him down and pounds him out. As always these guys would both put it all out there and it would be one hell of a fight.
Pookie
3/16/08 8:05:53PM
Joe daddy, but i wouldnt be surprised if stevenson got caught.
cheesy-maggot
3/16/08 8:31:11PM
Huerta because he can manage to win even when he is down. Plus Stevenson might still be mentally broken from what happened to him vs Penn.
jiujitsufreak74
3/16/08 8:34:30PM
i'll take Huerta in this one. i think Huerta has the wrestling skills to not get dominated by joe daddy in that fashion. i think it will go a lot like the Guida fight only Huerta ha, imo, a lot better hands then stevenson. thus Huerta will sprawl and brawl his way to an exciting victory...most likely by UD but i can see a KO as well. remember how Guida and Huerta were exchanging, sprawling, taking shots and keeping a high pace? it will be like that except Huerta will win the stand up battle.
TimW001
3/16/08 8:47:02PM
This is actually a really interesting match up. At first glance you just go, "joe daddy" The you start to think...it is very intersting.
NatedawgThaM
3/16/08 10:39:26PM
Joe Daddy takes this one pretty easy. Roger is still young and wild and that win over Guida was nothing short of a miracle since he was getting beat pretty badly. But I was definitely impressed how he hung in there though, mad respect earned from me.

I just think Joes technique will frustrate him on the feet and then Joe will control the fight on the ground. I would take Joe in a action packed decision. Great fight indeed
tylerlee123
3/17/08 1:14:35PM
This is quite the match up, but i'd have to go with Stevenson
xchickox
3/17/08 1:39:58PM
i think stevenson by sub rd 3

he will take huerta down in the first 2 rounds and hurt him a lot, he's so strong and then i think huerta will be worn down in rd 3 and stevenson will mount him then get his back and get RNC on him
cheesy-maggot
3/18/08 12:23:00AM

Posted by xchickox

i think stevenson by sub rd 3

he will take huerta down in the first 2 rounds and hurt him a lot, he's so strong and then i think huerta will be worn down in rd 3 and stevenson will mount him then get his back and get RNC on him

I honestly don't think that Stevenson is that strong, although i could see him winning.
Mayhem13
3/18/08 12:30:49AM
I think the biggest difference in this fight would be in the scramble....because Joe would want this fight on the ground..as it would be his best bet...but Huerta is wirey and hard to keep down..and very good in the Scramble..I think he catches Joe there

I say Huerta rnd 3 sub
Kpro
3/18/08 1:43:06AM
I would take Stevenson by Rnd 2 Guillotine.
mrliquid
3/18/08 6:30:16PM
if it stayed standing I would give it to Huerta hands down much better striking but Joe would get him to the ground and take the fight.