Fantasy Football Team

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fantasy Football Team
ChrisSabal
8/17/12 6:40:41PM
Just drafted the other day and I was wondering what you guys think about my fantasy team. It is a ppr league with 12 guys.

QB: Michael Vick:
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Demaryius Thomas
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Matt Forte
TE: Jermaine Gresham
W/T: Justin Blackmon
W/R: Doug Martin

Bench: Austin Collie
Bench: RG III
Bench: Jacob Tamme
Bench: Mike Williams

Kicker: Dan Bailey

Defense: Pitt.
kopower
8/17/12 7:57:30PM
Not bad. Nice combo of Rice and Forte to double dip on carries and catches. Receivers are alright. Looks like you waited on a TE. Worried about Vick though. He's bang or bust.

I got a question for you guys. I'll be drafting 3 rd, in a 8 team league. Standard scoring, 10 yds a point and 20 yds passing a point, 4 for a td thrown. Go after Rodgers, or lock up a rb, and shoot for Cam or Stafford?
jakewalters
8/17/12 11:33:05PM

Posted by kopower

Not bad. Nice combo of Rice and Forte to double dip on carries and catches. Receivers are alright. Looks like you waited on a TE. Worried about Vick though. He's bang or bust.

I got a question for you guys. I'll be drafting 3 rd, in a 8 team league. Standard scoring, 10 yds a point and 20 yds passing a point, 4 for a td thrown. Go after Rodgers, or lock up a rb, and shoot for Cam or Stafford?

I doubt Cam slips to 14th overall... Staffords a good choice though. Personally, Id take Foster/McCoy/Rice and wait for R2 to take a QB. Chances are Matt slips to 14th.

I got lucky as hell in my draft. Had the 6th and 11th pick in my 8 team league and got Megatron & Brees. Somehow Brees slipped to 11
prophecy033
8/17/12 11:51:25PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by kopower

In our league? I got Brees

I doubt Cam slips to 14th overall... Staffords a good choice though. Personally, Id take Foster/McCoy/Rice and wait for R2 to take a QB. Chances are Matt slips to 14th.

I got lucky as hell in my draft. Had the 6th and 11th pick in my 8 team league and got Megatron & Brees. Somehow Brees slipped to 11

jakewalters
8/18/12 1:08:44AM
Haha, no not our league. I had the first pick so I went with Foster.

I've been running a league since high school with my friends back home. This is our seventh season doing it. I have Brees/Megatron in that one. Last year I had the MEGATEAM. I drafted R1: Foster, R2: McCoy, R3: Megatron, then traderaped a guy for Rodgers

In the MMA Playground league I picked first and took Foster, Graham, then Richardson
prophecy033
8/18/12 1:52:18AM

Posted by jakewalters

Haha, no not our league. I had the first pick so I went with Foster.

I've been running a league since high school with my friends back home. This is our seventh season doing it. I have Brees/Megatron in that one. Last year I had the MEGATEAM. I drafted R1: Foster, R2: McCoy, R3: Megatron, then traderaped a guy for Rodgers

In the MMA Playground league I picked first and took Foster, Graham, then Richardson

I had Rogers last year and he kicked ass for me. i didn't lose until he had a bye week and then Fred Jackson went down...I didn't win
40ouncetofreedom
8/18/12 8:25:48AM
If you're picking top 3 you have to go with Rodgers,Brady and Brees,....Stafford,Newton should also be late first round consideration,If you miss out on any of those 5,I'd probably go RB and WR until later rounds and draft l,Rivers,Roethlisberger,Schaub, type QB,Out of the top 5 most of the QB's become interchangeable,So if you miss out on the top guys,Plenty of value at other positions while you can still grab a solid QB later in the draft.
airkerma
8/18/12 1:49:44PM
I agree with the concern for Mike Vick. I don't think he'll be quite as good as two years ago when he was putting up 50 fantasy points a game. Personally I'm probably going to go for Rogers or Newton first round/second round depending when I pick. Ours has two QB type slots, I may even wait on Griffin III and pick him up later as I had great results from Newton last year and they have similar styles.
I would also like to request some advice for RBs this year. It seemed like most of the studs last year got injured near the end of the season, and Best still may not even be in the picture. I had MJD and Best for a while, but there are probably better picks that go earlier...I'm just not sure who to go with currently. As for D I would recommend the Texans or Lions, I had both last year and they killed it for me.
Bubbles
8/18/12 7:46:55PM

Posted by airkerma

I would also like to request some advice for RBs this year. It seemed like most of the studs last year got injured near the end of the season, and Best still may not even be in the picture. I had MJD and Best for a while, but there are probably better picks that go earlier...I'm just not sure who to go with currently. As for D I would recommend the Texans or Lions, I had both last year and they killed it for me.

my advice for RBs is to grab one handcuff. Last season I drafted Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller in one of my leagues...boy did that help.

Buffalo's D will be top 10 this season