Fantasy Football Question

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fantasy Football Question
NaturalBornKiller92
9/26/12 1:46:25PM
I am thinking of trading RGIII for Aaron Rodgers. I believe this is Rodgers lowest point before he ascends to the top of the league in points again. I also believe RGIII is going to get wrecked in the coming weeks because QB's can't take the hits he is receiving in the option all year long. Am I crazy for considering this and/or do you think I could get the trade to go through? RGIII is currently the #1 fantasy QB in my league. My backup is Bradford so I don't have much depth at QB if RGIII goes down either.
airkerma
9/26/12 1:50:30PM
I would abstain at the moment. I have Rodgers in one of my leagues and he's done virtually nothing. RG3 has some good potential and has looked good so far. I would look at other positions instead, don't fix what isn't borked.
Theoutlaw08
9/26/12 2:00:44PM
I would make the trade. Rodgers is a sure thing and the Pack won't be like this much longer, especially after the fire that was ignited on Monday night. RGIII is good now, but he is a rookie and is due to take some lumps. Is the other team actually considering this trade. I would be surprised if someone traded Rodgers for RGIII. I think since you would be getting Rodgers, you would be getting the better end of the deal. Go for it.
NaturalBornKiller92
9/26/12 2:14:54PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I would make the trade. Rodgers is a sure thing and the Pack won't be like this much longer, especially after the fire that was ignited on Monday night. RGIII is good now, but he is a rookie and is due to take some lumps. Is the other team actually considering this trade. I would be surprised if someone traded Rodgers for RGIII. I think since you would be getting Rodgers, you would be getting the better end of the deal. Go for it.

I was considering offering this deal to the other team. The other team knows nothing about this. I thought it might be worth a shot since RGIII is so high in the rankings right now and Rodgers is at his lowest buying rate in years.
kopower
9/26/12 2:37:57PM

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I was considering offering this deal to the other team. The other team knows nothing about this. I thought it might be worth a shot since RGIII is so high in the rankings right now and Rodgers is at his lowest buying rate in years.

I'd say do it. Didn't Cam tail off in the second half of the season? I think once teams figure out RG3, his numbers are gonna decrease. Think about it, Rodgers will face the Vikes twice, Bears, and Lions. Those are pretty much guaranteed 2 td games, and close to 300 yds passing.
emfleek
9/26/12 2:47:51PM
I say go for it. As a general rule of thumb, I try to stay away from rookies in fantasy football. Then again, I usually eat shit.
prophecy033
9/26/12 2:48:20PM
I'd hold onto Rogers
emfleek
9/26/12 2:55:54PM
WAIT - If you have Rodgers and would be trading FOR RG3, don't do it. I misread that.
Theoutlaw08
9/26/12 3:13:29PM

Posted by emfleek

WAIT - If you have Rodgers and would be trading FOR RG3, don't do it. I misread that.

Yeah, Wait, if you have Rodgers don't trade him. I read it the other way. If you are getting rid of RGIII and getting ARODG then do it. Dont do it if your getting RGIII. Rodgers will pan out, its early. The Rookie will take his lumps.

JLS1980
9/26/12 3:20:07PM
Keep Rodgers. His numbers will go up. I'm predicting him to have a great game against New Orleans this week.
According to these projections on my league his biggest game is going to be this week. But those are just projections.

Also I had a similar topic yesterday concerning my Fantasy team and Bubbles gave me an idea of making a trade to get Rodgers. I tried and the other guy shot it down. I'd love to have Rodgers on my team.
cowcatcher
9/26/12 3:23:23PM
Rodgers>RGIII, or at least he will be come the end of the season.
kingsmasher
9/26/12 3:27:09PM
After giving up 8 sacks in the first half I would stick with RGIII too many questions with the Packers Oline...Playing like that Rodgers may get injured...

Also teams with a good running game will keep Rodgers off the field...The Pack have lots of question marks this year so far...also with replacement refs calling everything pass interference can actually take away from the passing game...
NaturalBornKiller92
9/26/12 3:30:10PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by emfleek

Yeah, Wait, if you have Rodgers don't trade him. I read it the other way. If you are getting rid of RGIII and getting ARODG then do it. Dont do it if your getting RGIII. Rodgers will pan out, its early. The Rookie will take his lumps.

I have RGIII
Twenty20Dollars
9/26/12 3:42:51PM
No way to predict who will do what in future games.

But right now, RG3 is producing and Rodgers isn't. RG3 also has the potential to run in for a score instead of just throwing one, at least more than Rodgers.

I think it depends on who else you have, like can your team still do good if Rodgers comes in and still hasn't found his groove yet.

And the matchups each QB has left and how you think they'll do in those games.
emfleek
9/26/12 3:56:40PM

Posted by kingsmasher

After giving up 8 sacks in the first half I would stick with RGIII too many questions with the Packers Oline...Playing like that Rodgers may get injured...

Also teams with a good running game will keep Rodgers off the field...The Pack have lots of question marks this year so far...also with replacement refs calling everything pass interference can actually take away from the passing game...

Well, there you have it...do the opposite of this.
prophecy033
9/26/12 4:12:31PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 4:25:46PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

Rodgers way better than RG3, as confirmed by teh kingsmasher
BelXavier420
9/26/12 5:02:55PM
Head to head or points? If head to head you are better off with Rodgers as late in the season I think the Packers will have a lot more to play for then Washington. If points league RGIII is killing it now so I would hold on to him until he slows.
prophecy033
9/26/12 5:12:26PM
Guys, he has Rogers not RG3
emfleek
9/26/12 6:01:55PM

Posted by prophecy033

Guys, he has Rogers not RG3

Incorrect.
kingsmasher
9/26/12 6:53:05PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

we will see who does better...being the Pack play the Saints this weekend though Rodgers should have a massive game this weekend at home...rest of the year not so sure
Bubbles
9/26/12 9:49:15PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

we will see who does better...being the Pack play the Saints this weekend though Rodgers should have a massive game this weekend at home...rest of the year not so sure

(easy) Saints, Colts, Jags, Rams, Lions x2, Vikings x2, Titans, Bears
(better D) Cardinals, Texans, Giants
vs
(easy) Bucs, Vikings, Panthers, Cowboys x2, Browns
(better D) Falcons, Giants x2, Steelers, Eagles x2, Ravens

Rodgers clearly has an easier schedule
airkerma
9/27/12 3:19:30PM
Highjacking this, I have Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith, and Desean Jackson, who should I play? I had Smith in but the Falcons have been looking good lately and I'm never sold on the giants not having a meltdown against the Eagles, but I'm pretty torn on who to pick. Holmes is always a decent option.
Bubbles
9/27/12 4:01:39PM

Posted by airkerma

Highjacking this, I have Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith, and Desean Jackson, who should I play? I had Smith in but the Falcons have been looking good lately and I'm never sold on the giants not having a meltdown against the Eagles, but I'm pretty torn on who to pick. Holmes is always a decent option.

If you are only picking one, I would say Smith. He seems to be the more consistent option. Celek has been a big target for the Eagles lately and Holmes is going against a (supposedly) tough defense.
Bubbles
9/27/12 4:17:36PM
time to hijack this with my own question: pick 2 RBs for me to play this weekend. I'm currently #2 playing the #3 team. Currently thinking Brown + Morris

Andre Brown (vs Phi), Alfred Morris (vs TB), Willis McGahee (vs Oak), or Michael Turner (vs Car).
cowcatcher
9/27/12 4:26:29PM
Tampa bay has the number 1 rushing defense so far this year, giving up less than 50 yards a game. I'd probably stay away from Morris.
Kpro
9/27/12 4:35:02PM
Show me what you got, what you got Raji.
kopower
9/27/12 5:09:26PM
I would say Smith, or Desean. Panthers will probably have to throw, once they fall behind a few scores.

Seems like Philly and NY are always in a bit of a shoot out.Is Jackson a bit nicked up though?
airkerma
9/28/12 2:35:45PM

Posted by kopower

I would say Smith, or Desean. Panthers will probably have to throw, once they fall behind a few scores.

Seems like Philly and NY are always in a bit of a shoot out.Is Jackson a bit nicked up though?

He's still recovering and playing, but hasnt really been overly successful. I decided to trade Smith for Morris because I am over populated with WR, so I'll have to go with jackson. Benching Vick for Flacco may have been an awesome decision.

Bubbs, I like Morris a lot, but CC burst that bubble on me. Still, he will be useful, if not in this game, at least most of the season. I would definitely utilize Turner.
Bubbles
9/28/12 2:53:10PM
yeah I just traded Brown for Tony Gonzalez as I cant really rely on Greg Olson to be consistent and apparently Bradshaw should play this week, limiting Browns touches. So Morris and Turner got bumped up. I looked at the past games and they really only shut down Dallas' run game. Carolina barely ran the ball so I voided that game. RG3 will probably steal a TD this week (like Flacco did to Rice ) but Mcgahee isnt healthy so Morris by default Probably the best 23rd round pick (310th overall) of the fantasy football season