Fantasy Football - Rivers vs. A. Smith Week 2

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fantasy Football - Rivers vs. A. Smith Week 2
JWils
9/12/07 11:22:15AM
Any fantasy footballer's out there?

I need some advide for my team this week. Do I start Phillip Rivers who plays at New England? Or Alex Smith who plays at St. Louis?

San Diego has the better offense but they are playing a much better D in the Pats.
SpiderSilva
9/12/07 11:24:58AM
Dude I would go with smith
but on the other hand Rivers is so dam accurit
go with Smith with the weaker D
cowcatcher
9/12/07 11:36:28AM
id love to help and my gut says smith, but he was so terrible sunday that going with rivers might be the right thing to do. so basically im no help here, its a very tough call.......then again without illegally taping the other teams defensive signals new england may not be that good
JWils
9/12/07 11:52:01AM

Posted by cowcatcher

id love to help and my gut says smith, but he was so terrible sunday that going with rivers might be the right thing to do. so basically im no help here, its a very tough call.......then again without illegally taping the other teams defensive signals new england may not be that good

Very good point!

It looks like it might come down the old fashioned method of flipping a coin.

The niners just looked really out of whack the other night. But, then again, I'm a Rams fan so I know how weak their D is.
loonytnt
9/12/07 12:00:52PM
id go smith for 2 reasons

1.smith is playing ST. there D is not to great
2.you got LT that is throwing the TD ATM lol, the pats got great corners i see LT getting a lot of touches this game

this is just imo good luck with the games
Violentcuv
9/12/07 12:28:09PM
I would go Rivers.

Defenses do play a role in determining but Philip is a far better QB than Smith. I have been doing Fantasy Football for 6 years and thats my opinion.

Wish I could wager that Rivers will score more PTS than Smith this week. Sorry these are my two biggest addictions FF + gambling.
pv3Hpv3p
9/12/07 2:19:25PM
Smith did look like crap last week, but I think it was a combo of the 1st game, big stage, and he's just so damn young... St.L D is a much more favorable matchup than against the pats... Especially if they start stealing the plays, lol...

If you like fantasy football and gambling, roll the dice and go with Rivers...

I have a similar problem... Do I go with Hasselback against Arisona's anemic secondary or play Cutler against the Raiders (better secondary in my eyes, but horrible team)...

Also does anyone out there think that I should try starting Derrick Ward in NY??? I know it's a gamble but for some reason I got a good feeling about the kid... He'd be going in place of Duece... Any help would be appreciated

Sorry about the thread hijacking, bro
Violentcuv
9/12/07 2:29:11PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Smith did look like crap last week, but I think it was a combo of the 1st game, big stage, and he's just so damn young... St.L D is a much more favorable matchup than against the pats... Especially if they start stealing the plays, lol...

I have a similar problem... Do I go with Hasselback against Arisona's anemic secondary or play Cutler against the Raiders (better secondary in my eyes, but horrible team)...

Also does anyone out there think that I should try starting Derrick Ward in NY??? I know it's a gamble but for some reason I got a good feeling about the kid... He'd be going in place of Duece... Any help would be appreciated

I would go with Hassleback over Cutler this week too.....

I would also play Deuce this week before I play Ward...
babalu2720
9/12/07 4:26:15PM
I am an owner of Rivers and live in Massachusetts so i defintely have some opinion on this. I am startin Rivers against NE. Rivers has a lot of weapons obviously and our defense is good, but gives up big plays sometimes. I think LT will find ways to get the ball opening up Rivers to have a good game. Now dont expect a monster game, but i would say 200 yds 2 td 1 int is a safe bet
JWils
9/12/07 4:34:07PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

No problem man. I never mind talking about the NFL.

I would go with Hasselback. You pretty much know you'll get a solid game from him. If Arizona's offense gets going, this game could be a shoot out, which is a fantasy player's best friend.

I think Denver will take a pretty big first half lead over the Raiders and just pound the running game in the 2nd half. Cutler won't have as many opportunities as Hasselback. IMO.

About Ward, I would start him if Eli plays. If Eli can't play then I would put someone else in the lineup. I can't see Lorenzen leading the G-Men down the field that often.
JWils
9/17/07 3:09:32PM
Well, I ended up going with Smith....... terrible choice. 125 freakin' yards and no TD's.

I lost my game by 1 point. Live and learn....
pv3Hpv3p
9/21/07 3:04:21PM
Thought I'd ressurect the thread...

Anyone have thoughts on my dilema... Need to start a 3rd RB... My choices are Duece, D.Ward(NYG), or Ahman Green...

Am leary of starting Duece because he's shown me nothing as of yet, buit alas the season is young...

Kinda want to use Ward but he's going against the Skins who have a top10 ranked rush D... I don't know how long Jacobs is out for but might as well use him while I can right?(Maybe not the best reasoning here) That and the Giants have been fairly successful rushing in washington the past 4 or 5 times they played (albeit that was mostly with Tiki)

Ahman Green... Do the Texans actually have an offense this year? Can the Colts actually stop the run? Texans have run all over the colts for the past couple of years...

The choice is really between Green and Ward... Anyone got any input?
JWils
9/21/07 3:47:54PM
I have read that Green in kind of banged up this week. (huddle.com - kick ass fantasy football site) . He has sat out some practices. So, he's kind of risky this week in my opinion.

I would go with Ward just for the fact he doesn't have to split carries. I watched Washington last Monday and their run D didn't look that stout. I think Ward will get some yards and maybe a td or two.

But of course, as you've read in my previous post, I don't make the right call all of the time
pv3Hpv3p
9/21/07 5:22:16PM
I read the same about Green, but it was said that he practiced full speed Thurs, so I'd think he'd be a go... But I agree with the Ward assesment, and think I'm gonna go with him...

Thanks for the tips

Was that site thehuddle.com? Is it worth the 10$'s?