Fantasy Draft: Grand Prix

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fantasy Draft: Grand Prix
« Previous Page | Next Page »
king_katool
2/5/09 8:25:30PM
from what i understood from the ruled that read when i signed up was that a fighter can change weight classes up or down once, but those fighters( spider,BJ,) who have moved up cannot be drafted to go down, its hard to say if cane could make MW, i think he would look good down there if he could, but i highly doubt Nog can make 205
Pookie
2/5/09 9:12:11PM
Im actually not following at what you guys are saying, Rabi has edited his initial post every single time someone makes a pick, what did he change in that post that changed the rules?

Maybe im missing something, but it has said in that post since day one that people can draft out of their weightclass as long as its within reason(more or less).

Beardotheweirdo
2/5/09 10:28:19PM
I thought the rules were you can only draft fighters from your weightclass or a weightclass below it.

I'm not sure when the other part about, if a fighter can make the cut you can choose him, made it into the rulebook, but I'm sure the rules have been edited since the start, and I didn't know we were allowed to do that.

I was just mad because I would've picked Cane before Arona, but I wasn't worried about the HW's drafting him, and I knew Rampageownedyou wasn't taking him yet, so I waited.

If I had known that the MW posters could have taken Cane then I would've taken him earlier.

Whatever. I didn't mean to make a big stink about it. Whatever Rabi decides is OK with me.

Do we agree that Werdum could cut to LHW? I think he could.
Wolfenstein
2/5/09 10:36:58PM
Maybe I missed it, but I always read the rules as a fighter can move up or down a weight class as long as it's realistic. I thought that was the way it was from the get-go.

As far as Fabricio Werdum making LHW, I'd say that's a stretch since he was something like 6'4 256 lbs last time he weighed in. Not that it matters to me, I don't really care either way if someone strecthes it a bit.
Boo_Radley21
2/6/09 12:46:50AM

Posted by Beardotheweirdo

Quoted from the OP.

"For eg

Anderson Silva can fight at LHW or MW, but not HW and WW.
BJ Penn can fight at WW or LW but not MW and FW."

That means a fighter can go up a weight class but not down. Luis Cane is a LHW, he was drafted for a MW tournament. That's a drop in weight class.

Also taken from the original post.

"Last edited 2/5/09 6:35PM by rabi Edit note/reason: n/a"

You just edited the OP 5 minutes ago, then accused Rampage of reading it wrong.

I gotta agree with Rampage owned you, that's some serious B.S.

Thanks for the doing the draft though.

BTW, I'll take Fabricio Werdum

Jesus, Rampage and Beardo chill out a bit. It's not BS. The part that you quoted about Anderson and BJ you misunderstood. What it means is those fighters have already fought at two weight classes, so you can't add one to both, otherwise they could be drafted into four weight classes. The original rules said 1 above or one below.
Pookie
2/6/09 3:49:07AM
So whats the word on the LHW Big Nog situation? Still waiting on the final decision before i make my pick
Boo_Radley21
2/6/09 10:03:04AM

Posted by Pookie

So whats the word on the LHW Big Nog situation? Still waiting on the final decision before i make my pick

I personally think he's too big for LHW, and according to the original rules if it's too drastic a weight change it's not allowed, but that's just me I guess.
Rabi
2/6/09 2:38:42PM
I edit the post every time someone makes a pick, i promise I have never edited the rules. I think that Big Nog at LHW is to much of a cut as is Werdum. Sorry guys. With reagards to the weights going up or down I used Silva and Penn as example of someone who already fights at 2 weight classes so would not be able to move up or down as they already have. I am not offended by anything any one as said on this thread as nothing said was personal it was just a disagreement on the game. I hope I have clarified things, if any one else has any more questions dont hesitate to ask.
Just to get back on track, we will go back to Rampage's pick as i beleive Nog and Werdum are invalid picks. 12 hrs starts from this point.

Cheers
RampageOwnedYou
2/6/09 8:25:10PM
Babalu
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Beardotheweirdo
2/6/09 8:50:57PM
Keith Jardine for the ween
Rabi
2/6/09 9:18:14PM
Tyson Griffin
Pookie
2/6/09 9:36:31PM
Big Nog
Gabirel Gonzaga
Rabi
2/6/09 9:41:51PM
Josh Thomson
Beardotheweirdo
2/7/09 11:41:51AM
MATT HAMILL
Boo_Radley21
2/8/09 11:40:08AM
Marcus Davis
king_katool
2/8/09 12:36:39PM
carlos condit
Rabi
2/8/09 1:40:48PM
You are a bit early King_Katool, Evenflow is still on the clock.
king_katool
2/8/09 2:40:51PM

Posted by Rabi

You are a bit early King_Katool, Evenflow is still on the clock.

lol sry bout that, had just woken up thought it was my turn,
EvenFlow
2/8/09 9:45:30PM
Sorry about the wait, internet is being lame..kinda hungover too.

Goran Reljic
king_katool
2/8/09 10:22:54PM
lol carlos condit
RampageOwnedYou
2/8/09 10:52:13PM
Brandon Vera
Hendo67
2/9/09 1:40:57PM
Patrick Barry
Playground_Samurai
2/9/09 5:03:06PM
Gray Maynard
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Wolfenstein
2/9/09 5:06:15PM
Jorge Santiago and Yoshihiro Akiyama
Playground_Samurai
2/9/09 5:09:52PM
Frankie Edgar
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Hendo67
2/9/09 10:57:36PM
Mark Hunt
king_katool
2/10/09 5:42:11AM
yushin okami......... if he's deemed not able to cut to 170 chris lytle
Rabi
2/10/09 3:05:08PM
Ive gone for Lytle as Okami is a big 185, hope thats ok.
EvenFlow
2/10/09 3:57:11PM
Benji Radach
Boo_Radley21
2/10/09 7:09:37PM
Melvin Guillard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6