Fantasy Draft: Final Card's

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fantasy Draft: Final Card's
Next Page »
Pookie
1/11/10 4:35:45AM
In this topic post your Completed card, and when everybody does so or the deadline hits (whichever comes sooner), we will vote.

Deadline is Wednesday at 12pm Noon.

Pookie
1/11/10 4:43:37AM
Open Weight Grand Prix: Opening round
1. ~~~~~~~~~
Randy Couture 6'1" 220 75"
v.
Minotoro Nogueira 6'2" 225 75"

Mauricio Rua 6'1" 220 76"
v.
Tito Ortiz 6'2" 240 74"

Dan Henderson 6'0" 210 74"
v.
Andrei Arlovski 6'4" 235 77"

Wanderlei Silva 5'11" 215 74"
v.
Melvin Manhoef 5'8" 200 72"
~~~~~~~~~~
Amir Sadollah 5'11" 170 75"
v.
Karo Parisyan 5'10" 170 75"

Ricardo Almeida 5'11" 170 74"
v.
Martin Kampmann 6'1" 170 71"

Hatsu Hioki 5'11" 145 72"
v.
Marlon Sandro 5'8" 145 69"

Grand Prix: Semi-Final Round
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Minotoro Nogueira 6'2" 225" 75"
v.
Mauricio Rua 6'1" 220" 76"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Henderson 6'0" 210 74"
v.
Melvin Manhoef 5'8" 200 72"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jorge Masvidal 5'10" 155 72"
v.
Josh Neer 5'11" 155 72"

Kazuo Misaki 5'11" 185 75"
v.
Jorge Santiago 6'1" 185 73"

Tyson Griffin 5'7" 155 67"
v.
Spencer Fisher 5'7" 155 68"

~~~~FInal Round~~~~
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua 6'1" 220" 76"
v.
Dan "Heavyfist" Henderson 6'0" 210 74"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Props to anyone who can point out any wrong reach stat to me.
Fight order determined on rest time for the Grand Prix Competitors and what fights would fit the flow of the card.
Playground_Samurai
1/11/10 9:13:12AM
Prelims
John Hathaway vs Lyle Beerbohm - 170lbs
Joey Villasenor vs Nate Quarry - 185lbs
Goran Relic vs Jason Miller - 185lbs

Swing Bouts
Ben Saunders vs Dan Hornbuckle - 170lbs
Dustin Hazelett vs Dong Hyun Kim - 170lbs

Main Card
Todd Duffee vs Antonio Silva - HW
Takanori Gomi vs Roger Huerta - 155lbs
Demian Maia vs Rousimar Palhares - 185lbs

Co-Main Event
Junior dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez - HW

Main Event
Forrest Griffin vs Gegard Mousasi - 205lbs
AchillesHeel
1/11/10 10:04:28AM
Main Event
Fedor Emelianenko (31-1, 6' 0") vs. Frank Mir (12-4, 6' 1") at 265 lbs.

Main Card
Eddie Alvarez (19-2, 5' 10") vs. Kenny Florian (11-4, 5' 10") at 155 lbs.
Gilbert Melendez (16-2, 5' 9") vs. Joe Stevenson (31-10, 5' 7") at 155 lbs.
Josh Barnett (24-5, 6' 3") vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (11-4, 6' 2") at 265 lbs.
Carlos Condit (24-5, 6' 1") vs. Matt Hughes (43-7, 5' 9") at 170 lbs.

Swing Bout
Michael Bisping (18-2, 6' 2") vs. Chael Sonnen (23-10-1, 6' 1") at 185 lbs.

Undercard
Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro (20-3, 5' 8") vs. Sean Sherk (33-4-1, 5' 6") at 155 lbs.
Yushin Okami (23-5, 6' 2") vs. Jake Rosholt (6-2, 6' 1") at 185 lbs.
Jim Miller (15-2, 5' 8") vs. Kazunori Yokota (11-3-3, 5' 8") at 155 lbs.
Alexandre "Xande" Ribeiro (2-0, 5' 11") vs. Brian Stann (8-2, 6' 1") at 205 lbs.
warglory
1/11/10 6:04:55PM

Posted by Pookie

Props to anyone who can point out any wrong reach stat to me.
Fight order determined on rest time for the Grand Prix Competitors and what fights would fit the flow of the card.

I'm confused...how come there are new fighters in the semi final round? Are they non-tourney fights? And who wins the finals?
Pookie
1/11/10 6:26:05PM

Posted by warglory

I'm confused...how come there are new fighters in the semi final round? Are they non-tourney fights? And who wins the finals?

There arent new fighters, they are the 4 who i believe would go on, they were in the original round of 8.

Shogun v. Hendo is up in the air, shogun probably wins it but its one of the toughest fights out there for him i think.
warglory
1/11/10 6:27:00PM
Alright guys, here is the card that will lay waste to all others!!!

WARGLORY: TOURNAMENT EDITION!

Behold! WarGlory Combat is set to bring to the World a series of competitions that has never been witnessed before by the world of mixed martial arts! Over 3 DAYS, 5 weightclasses will hold 5 tournaments to determine the very first WarGlory Combat champions! This is an unprecedented event, and to guarantee the fans the best action, we have assembled some of the best warriors in each weight division to give little doubt, that WarGlory Combat is the premiere event in mixed martial arts!

DAY ONE (HEAVYWEIGHTS/FEATHERWEIGHTS)

1. Mike Brown (FW) vs. Wagnney Fabiano (FW)

2. Brett Rogers (HW) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (HW)

3. Bibiano Fernandes (FW) vs. Raphael Assuncao (FW)

4. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (HW) vs. Sergei Kharitonov (HW)

DAY TWO (MIDDLEWEIGHTS/LIGHTWEIGHTS/WELTERWEIGHTS)

1. Nate Marquardt (MW) vs. Paulo Filho (MW)

2. Dan Miller (MW) vs. Jason MacDonald (MW)

3. JZ Cavalcante (LW) vs. Jamie Varner (LW)

4. Mark Bocek (LW) vs. Gleison Tibau (LW)

5. Hayato Sakurai (WW) vs. Georges St. Pierre (WW)

6. Jake Shields (WW) vs. Josh Koscheck (WW)

DAY THREE (FINALS)

And of course the remaining 5 matches will decide the tournament winners with the welterweights being the last match.

Pookie
1/11/10 6:44:50PM
Some of my favorite matches so far have been

Hazelett v. Hyun Kim - I think Kim would win based on control, but hazelett's wizardzy would keep him in the fight before and after getting thrown around.

Gomi v. Huerta - Both fighters swing with all their power in the pocket. A great fight for Gomi and ridiculously interesting for the 3 or 4 minutes it lasts.

Hornbuckle v. Saunders - Saunders earned his way up the ladder to get a fight that could potentially put him in the top ten. And Hornbuckle has the right skillset to test Saunders percieved strengths, as well as possibly exposing to the world a few weaknesses of his own.

Melendez v. Stevenson - Similar Grappling styles, but different strengths from the 2 fighters make this a competitive match, and probably a frantic one.

Barnett v. Gonzaga - Niether fighter gets to use their size to their advantage; as these two will cancel each other out physically. Gonzaga has the wider striking set, the bjj advantage, and the explosiveness, but Barnett has the Wrestling, the cardio, and the defensive well roundedness.

Okami v. Rosholt - Both fighters are incredible wrestlers and are not afraid to throw their hands, Rosholt pushes the pace and Okami counters. Very Close fight.
Jz v. Varner - Both fighters are built the same way, genetically. Lots of Strength and power for the weight class and both fighters like to use a physically imposing gameplan. Muay Thai/BJJ v. Boxing/Wre

Shields v. Koscheck - Shields is by far the better transition guy and overall better grappler, and Koscheck is leaps and bounds the better striker. The fight hinges on who has the better wrestling and takedown/ takedown defense.

Waggney v. Brown - Brown uses his wrestling really effectively to get himself in a dangerous position early. But against Waggney, he may never actually transition to a dominant position and his BJJ game might get shut down almost entirely. Personally i see that as a hole in browns game, and i think this is a fight that would verify my opinion or make me accurately re-assess his skill set.

and to boast myself for a second:
Andrei Arlovski v. Dan Henderson - I asked about 10 friends of mine who they thought would win this fight, and surprisingly everysingle one picked Hendo. via jaw shattering baseball punch. I agreed and penciled the fight in.
higdon10
1/11/10 8:33:48PM
Beatdown In Naptown

Live from Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana

Main Event
Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem

Main Card
Mirko Cro Cop vs Chuck Liddell

Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez vs Marius "Whitemare" Zaromskis

Paul Daley vs Mike Swick

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Cheick Kongo

Swing Bout
Cung Le vs Robbie Lawler

Preliminary Card
Clay Guida vs Ben Henderson

Ryan Bader vs Mark Coleman

Aaron Simpson vs Matt Linland

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg

warglory
1/11/10 8:47:00PM
Oh man, I'd totally put Cung Le vs Robbie Lawler on the main card, perhaps take off Kongo vs Emelianenko. Also excellent choice on the Sanchez vs Zaromskis fight! Oh, and I think Brock would tool Alistair hardcore, but it would be fun to watch.
warglory
1/11/10 8:51:21PM
Eddie Alvarez vs Kenny Florian would be a WAR! I'd have to pick Kenny though who I think would ground and pound Alvarez to a finish, or at least a clear cut UD.
Pookie
1/11/10 8:53:33PM

Posted by warglory

Oh man, I'd totally put Cung Le vs Robbie Lawler on the main card, perhaps take off Kongo vs Emelianenko. Also excellent choice on the Sanchez vs Zaromskis fight! Oh, and I think Brock would tool Alistair hardcore, but it would be fun to watch.

Au Contraire, i think Alistair puts out Brock with Knees and an impenetrable air of arrogance.

Kongo v. Aleksander is a great fight IMO too. Not often does Kongo fight someone with hands, and i do love to see Kongo leave his hands down.

higdon10
1/12/10 12:02:05AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by warglory

Au Contraire, i think Alistair puts out Brock with Knees and an impenetrable air of arrogance.

Kongo v. Aleksander is a great fight IMO too. Not often does Kongo fight someone with hands, and i do love to see Kongo leave his hands down.

I was originally going to put Le/Lawler on the main card, but decided to use Kongo/Aleks at the last minute. I think that both fights would be equally exciting, and would both end by way of knockout.
emfleek
1/12/10 8:47:24AM

MAIN EVENT
(MW) Anderson "The Spider" Silva (25-4) vs. Patrick "The Predator" Cote (13-5)

CO-MAIN EVENT
(WW) Thiago "Pitbull" Alves (16-6) vs. Anthony "Rumble" Johnson (8-3)

MAIN CARD
(LHW) Thiago Silva (14-1) vs. Luis "Banha" Arthur Cane (10-2)
(CW - 195 lbs.) Renato "Babalu" Sobral (35-8) vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (10-2)
(LW) Tatsuya "Crusher" Kawajiri (25-5-2) vs. Frankie "The Answer" Edgar (11-1)

SPIKETV CARD
(HW) Roy "Big Country" Nelson (14-4) vs. Ben Rothwell (30-7)
(MW) Hector "Shango" Lombard (22-2-1) vs. Yoshihiro "Sexyama" Akiyama (13-1)

PRELIMINARY CARD
(CW - 195 lbs.) Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (8-2) vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua (18-10-1)
(LHW) Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (5-0) vs. Alan "The Talent" Belcher (15-6)
(HW) Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello (27-11) vs. Patrick "Get Hype" Barry (5-1)
king_katool
1/12/10 2:10:49PM
UFC: 109 GRAND PRIX

Opening Round of LHW Grand Prix

Rashad Evans vs Ricardo Arona

Jon Jones vs Brandon Vera

Rich Franklin VS Keith Jardine

Vitor Belfort VS Sokoudju

Grand Prix Injury Substitution Fight

James Irvin vs Krzysztof Soszynski

Spike TV Prelims

Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Bobby Lashley

Benji Radach vs Gerald Harris

Round 2 of LHW Grand Prix

Rashad Evans vs Jon Jones

Vitor Belfort vs Rich Franklin

Main Card

Stefan Struve vs Gilbert Yvel

Mac Danzig vs Melvin Guillard

Co- Main Event

Gray Maynard vs Joachim Hansen

Main Event: LHW Grand Prix Final

Rashad Evans vs Vitor Belfort

IriShame
1/12/10 8:31:10PM
This event is being called Irishame's Ultimate Samurai Showdown and will take place in Japan but all matches will occur in DREAM's white cage. Booyah.

Main Event:
5 Round 153 lb. Catchweight Bout
Current UFC Lightweight Champion; B.J. "The Prodigy" Penn vs. Current WEC Featherweight Champion; Jose "Junior" Aldo

Co-Main Event:
155 lb. Lightweight Bout
Former WEC Featherweight Champion; Urijah "The California Kid" Faber vs. Former Strikeforce Interim Lightweight Champion; Josh "The Punk" Thomson

Featured Bouts
170 lb. Welterweight Bout: Chris "Lights Out" Lytle vs. Matt "The Immortal" Brown

155 lb. Lightweight Bout: Former WEC Interim Lightweight Champion Donald "The Cowboy Cerrone" vs. T.U.F. Season 5 Winner Nate Diaz

143 lb. Featherweight Grand Prix
(Each Fighter has been assigned a number. At the end of the first round the fighter that remains will fight the fighter with the second highest number and so on. So basically, the winner of Fighter 1 vs Fighter 2 will fight the winner of Fighter 3 vs. Fighter 4.)

Round 1:
1.) Former WEC Bantamweight Champion: Miguel Torres vs. 2.) Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto
3.) Mizuto Hirota vs. 4.) Damacio "The Angel of Death" Page
5.) Joe Warren vs. 6.) WEC Bantamweight Champion: Brian Bowles
7.) Masanori Kanehara vs. 8.) Josh "The Fluke" Grispi

Preliminary Bouts:

265 lb Heavyweight Bout: Kimbo Slice vs. Don "The Predator" Frye

210 lb. Catchweight Bout: Frank Shamrock vs. Ken "The Worlds Most Dangerous Man" Shamrock
ThaAxeMurderer7
1/12/10 9:37:41PM
Awesome job guys. All fight cards so far look great!
emfleek
1/13/10 9:42:14AM
That should be it. All 8 cards have been posted.
emfleek
1/13/10 12:02:14PM
* * * THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED * * *
Pookie
1/13/10 6:23:02PM
GspFan gets my vote, the fights were interesting style match-ups and there was a high level of fighter down all the way to the preliminaries.
StorminYourman
1/13/10 7:04:47PM
my vote goes to AchillesHeel
emfleek
1/13/10 7:15:34PM
My vote for best overall card goes to AchillesHeel.

Matchup I Get A Chubby For Award goes to Manhoef/Silva.
higdon10
1/13/10 11:39:17PM
My vote goes to Fleek. I like his card from top to bottom.
IriShame
1/14/10 1:58:42AM
I'm going with GSPfans card. Palhares vs. Maia was the one matchup I wish was mine.
AchillesHeel
1/14/10 10:18:03AM
My vote for the strongest card goes to gspfan.

Overall, most-interesting matchups to me include Randy v. Lil' Nog, Wandy v. Manhoef, Gomi v. Huerta, Maia v. Palhares, Dos Santos vs. Velasquez, Brown v. Fabiano, Marquardt v. Filho, Shields v. Koscheck, Daley v. Swick, Guida v. Henderson, Alves v. Johnson, Nelson v. Rothwell II, Jones v. Vera, Maynard v. Hansen, Cerrone v. Diaz, and Torres v. Yamamoto.
king_katool
1/14/10 12:30:27PM
pookie gets my vote
warglory
1/15/10 6:23:48PM
I got irishame
Playground_Samurai
1/17/10 6:11:07AM
Pookies and Irishshames are about dead even in my eyes. Achilles and higdon followed closely behind. Achilles would have had it hands down IMO if his undercard was more interesting to me because his main card was probably the best. Higdons main card was very stong too, but he has two matchups that will actually be taking place shortly and his undercard also wasn't that appealing to me. Since I couldn't decide between Pookie and Irishame, I had to get into details. I choose Pookie based on the fact that their is some misguided information on Irishshames card. Although Cerrone vs Diaz would be and awesome match up, Cerrone was never the interim champ. Awesome effort on all parts though.

Winner - Pookie
Pookie
1/18/10 5:28:48PM
Gsp_fan takes this by a vote over both Pookie and Achilles_heel

AchillesHeel
1/19/10 8:05:43AM

Posted by Pookie

Gsp_fan takes this by a vote over both Pookie and Achilles_heel

Wait, you mean if I'd voted for somebody else, I'd have tied for first place?

Pages: [1] 2