FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT #1

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT #1
emfleek
2/7/08 8:32:04AM
So, every year I enter a Yahoo Public league with an Auto Draft as something to hold me over until my other, more important and/or money leagues start up.

My first draft took place over night, and here's my team.

C Geovany Soto
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dan Uggla
SS JJ Hardy
3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Carl Crawford
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Eric Byrnes
UTIL Adrian Gonzalez
BENCH Willy Tavares
BENCH Adam LaRoche
BENCH Casey Blake
BENCH Casey Kotchman

SP Dan Haren
SP Chad Billingsley
RP Huston Street
RP Takashi Saito
P Ted Lilly
P Adam Wainwright
P Matt Garza
BENCH Johnathan Broxton

----------------

I need to do some manuevering to get a little more depth for my position players. Right now, I have way too many guys at 1B.

As for pitching...I'm going to tinker just a little bit, but for the most part, I think I'll be alright. I need to possibly score another Closer, but I'm sure one will spring up on the Waiver wire as soon as the injuries start to hit, so I think I'll be fine in that aspect.

I have to say, for an autopick draft, I'm pretty satisfied.
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/7/08 8:53:31AM
Damn, I havent been following baseball for quite sometime now lol... better get back to it
DCRage
2/7/08 10:46:14AM
I've already signed up for 2 leagues (emfleek's and a Public League) and am working on pre-ranking my players. Probably will switch my public Autopick Roto status to ready anytime now, I mostly just rank the top 30-40 in my order of preferences and hope for the best. Usually I don't do too bad. Then after the draft I start looking through the waiver wires and make some changes.
cowcatcher
2/7/08 10:50:13AM

Posted by DCRage

I've already signed up for 2 leagues (emfleek's and a Public League) and am working on pre-ranking my players. Probably will switch my public Autopick Roto status to ready anytime now, I mostly just rank the top 30-40 in my order of preferences and hope for the best. Usually I don't do too bad. Then after the draft I start looking through the waiver wires and make some changes.

the thing about the waiver wire is that after spring training there are at least 20 position players league wide that are starters that werent projected to be, and a good amount of starting pitching that becomes a part of different teams rotations. there are always plenty of guys to choose from post draft, and its not a bad way to live after you get your studs lined up.
AchillesHeel
2/7/08 11:15:39AM

Posted by emfleek

C Geovany Soto
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dan Uggla
SS JJ Hardy
3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Carl Crawford
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Eric Byrnes
UTIL Adrian Gonzalez
BENCH Willy Tavares
BENCH Adam LaRoche
BENCH Casey Blake
BENCH Casey Kotchman

SP Dan Haren
SP Chad Billingsley
RP Huston Street
RP Takashi Saito
P Ted Lilly
P Adam Wainwright
P Matt Garza
BENCH Johnathan Broxton

Is this the regular 5x5 Roto scoring categories? If so, I'd say you're looking good in the hitting categories, and Saves. ERA and WHIP can be hard to predict, but you might need some Wins and Strikeouts. You've got a billion Steals in your outfield; if it were me, I'd try shopping one of them for another Starting Pitcher.

Oh, and do you think Soto will be a starter this year? You might want another Catcher, just in case.
emfleek
2/7/08 11:23:45AM
This is a H2H league.

And I agree...I'll be shopping around for a SP. I'll put some feelers out to see what I can swing.

As for Soto...I'm pretty confident he'll be the starter this year. If not, there are a few options on the Waiver wire for me.
Shawn91111
2/8/08 6:51:10AM

Posted by emfleek

This is a H2H league.

And I agree...I'll be shopping around for a SP. I'll put some feelers out to see what I can swing.

As for Soto...I'm pretty confident he'll be the starter this year. If not, there are a few options on the Waiver wire for me.

He the SP could use and upgrade IMO. I think Pujols will bounce back from his 'subpar' year and have a good one just a hunch though.
DCRage
2/8/08 7:36:46AM
I had my first Autopick draft (of probably 2) overnight, I'm a bit skeptical judging by the results (Roto with default 5x5 scoring, I had the #9 pick of 12):
C-Russell Martin (#2 in my C rankings)
1B-Carlos Pena
2B-Placido Polanco
3B-Alex Gordon (1B eligible too...ehhh...)
SS-Jimmy Rollins
OF-Alfonso Soriano
OF-Nick Swisher
OF-Aaron Rowand
Util-Todd Helton (1B)
BN-Troy Glaus (DL)
BN-Josh Willingham
BN-Kevin Kouzmanoff (said to be very high-rated sleeper/breakout player)
BN-Aaron Hill
SP-Josh Beckett
SP-Scott Kazmir
RP-J.J. Putz
RP-Takashi Saito
P-Tim Lincecum
P-Joakim Soria (KC closer, bah...)
P-Rafael Betancourt
P-BJ Ryan (DL)

Pending waiver claims (I currently have #4 priority so about a 70% chance of one succeeding):
Glaus for Randy Johnson
Ryan for Brandon Lyon