U.K FANS ARE MUGGED AGAIN!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » U.K FANS ARE MUGGED AGAIN!
tomsmith17381
12/12/08 10:03:52AM
wot a surprise the u.k event is gonna be another poor card. Silva has stated he wont fight on the card so i really dont know what the ufc could possibly line up as the main event possibly a washed up chuck liddell or a washed up matt hughes against someone. oh and one confirmed fighter so far paul kelly what a surprise. ill be majorly shocked to see jesse liaudin, paul taylor and marcus taylor on the card aswell. stop taking us u.k fans for granted taking our money and delivering 2nd rate fight cards dana.
DCRage
12/12/08 10:10:07AM
You're about to be surprised here-there is no Marcus Taylor in UFC and Jess Liaudin is gone. Surprised yet?
ohiostate1016
12/12/08 10:18:47AM
Haha luckily for you, Marcus Davis will be fighting in Ireland this time. He is, after all, the Irish Hand Grenade.
tomsmith17381
12/12/08 11:10:51AM
marcus davis is a plastic paddy he prob used to have a friend who had an irish dad or something
cowcatcher
12/12/08 11:26:23AM
too bad about cage rage huh?
tomsmith17381
12/12/08 1:01:27PM
to be honest cage rage was full of pub brawlers anyway i wont miss it
Gipper
12/12/08 1:05:20PM
give me a brake. i'm sick of these uk fans always wining about the fight cards they get. appreciate the fact the ufc has been there so many times in the last few years.
also think about if they stack the cards in the uk all the time... then there will be a lot of uk fighters that won't get a chance to fight in the ufc. think about it.
Aaronno9
12/12/08 2:20:26PM

Posted by Gipper

give me a brake. i'm sick of these uk fans always wining about the fight cards they get. appreciate the fact the ufc has been there so many times in the last few years.
also think about if they stack the cards in the uk all the time... then there will be a lot of uk fighters that won't get a chance to fight in the ufc. think about it.

Youd be pissed off to if every card in America had the same fighters in different bouts. Its annoying.
Aaronno9
12/12/08 2:24:50PM
Also, cage rage isnt going to be out of commision for to long. They're coming back as Ultimate challenge UK in February next year
DCRage
12/12/08 2:37:41PM
I also read they're going after ProElite for something about nonpayment when they were scooped up by them last year. Weekly may still have the article up.
SpiderSilva
12/12/08 2:54:19PM
Hey if it makes you happy you won't have to watch Bisping fight sense he is always fighting there Hell I would be happy if they came back to Colorado
dannyfrank
12/12/08 3:24:02PM
thats bullshit that silva isnt fighting. he is an employee of the UFC, he shouldnt just be able to say "oh, i dont want to fight there, so suck it." he should at least have a legit reason

i feel for all you UK guys. i'd be pissed off too
cowcatcher
12/12/08 3:26:53PM

Posted by dannyfrank

thats bullshit that silva isnt fighting. he is an employee of the UFC, he shouldnt just be able to say "oh, i dont want to fight there, so suck it." he should at least have a legit reason

im assuming anderson has something written into his contract giving him the righ of refusal so its not like hes doing anything that goes against what his employers contract says.
dannyfrank
12/12/08 3:34:25PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by dannyfrank

im assuming anderson has something written into his contract giving him the righ of refusal so its not like hes doing anything that goes against what his employers contract says.

idk, maybe he does. it just seems like a load of crap to me
bls1919
12/12/08 4:42:12PM
You are talking about UFC 93 in Ireland right? The Dublin card is stacked Palhares va Horn, Lytle vs. Davis,Rua vs Coleman, and Franklin vs Hendo. Whats not to like? Dennis Kang is making his UFC debut against a tough guy in Belcher.
Aaronno9
12/12/08 4:55:35PM

Posted by bls1919

You are talking about UFC 93 in Ireland right? The Dublin card is stacked Palhares va Horn, Lytle vs. Davis,Rua vs Coleman, and Franklin vs Hendo. Whats not to like? Dennis Kang is making his UFC debut against a tough guy in Belcher.

Nope. Ufc 95. Silva was never scheduled to fight in Ireland. Unless i missed something.
tomsmith17381
12/13/08 12:23:31PM

Posted by bls1919

er no ufc 95 in london
bls1919
12/13/08 4:46:10PM
My bad, sorry for the Confusion.
Wolfenstein
12/13/08 4:58:43PM
Looks like you guys are still going to get a steady flow of the same ol same ol as current fighters on the card are...

Terry Etim vs Justin Bucholz
Dan Hardy vs Rory Markham (this is going to be a great fight)
Matt Brown vs Paul Taylor (rumored bout)

I've heard that some time next week the UFC will begin announcing fights for the main card.

I don't think you can fault Anderson as there just aren't any big fights for him to take. On a brighter note though the hot rumor is that you guys will get to see Chuck Lidell in action. Possibly in a rematch with Jardine, but hopefully he'll fight Luiz Cane.
dannyfrank
12/13/08 5:14:39PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Looks like you guys are still going to get a steady flow of the same ol same ol as current fighters on the card are...

Terry Etim vs Justin Bucholz
Dan Hardy vs Rory Markham (this is going to be a great fight)
Matt Brown vs Paul Taylor (rumored bout)

I've heard that some time next week the UFC will begin announcing fights for the main card.

I don't think you can fault Anderson as there just aren't any big fights for him to take. On a brighter note though the hot rumor is that you guys will get to see Chuck Lidell in action. Possibly in a rematch with Jardine, but hopefully he'll fight Luiz Cane.

chuck v. cane would be sweet IMO
king_katool
12/13/08 5:17:58PM
any1 think maybe brock lesnar vsmir/big nog??, bet the uk wouldnt be crying then