Fans dont like rampage-

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fans dont like rampage-
Cdellorso
7/8/08 11:22:48AM
In an article about the Griffen Rampage and the 86 ufc fight and card, I read that the "causal fan" does not like or at least care about Rampage- why do you suppose that is?? Also why do you suppose that Koscheck is so unpopular ?

http://www.mmaonline.com/headlines/ufc-86-review/
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/8/08 11:24:47AM
I like Rampage...

Lazy People
Cdellorso
7/8/08 11:34:33AM
hey thanks for putting the link- i thought what i did would make it a link but then again i can barely access the internet ( illiterate though not lazy)
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/8/08 11:35:57AM

Posted by Cdellorso

hey thanks for putting the link- i thought what i did would make it a link but then again i can barely access the internet ( illiterate though not lazy)

s'all good man, wasnt calling you lazy lol, it's for lazy people who dont wanna copy/paste.
grappler0000
7/8/08 11:36:23AM

Posted by Cdellorso

I don't think he meant you were lazy...he posted the link for anyone that's too lazy to copy and paste
king_katool
7/8/08 11:42:07AM
casual fans dont like rampage because hanging from chucks nuts
emfleek
7/8/08 11:45:49AM
Fans don't like Koscheck based on how he was portrayed in TUF Season 1.
AchillesHeel
7/8/08 11:50:21AM

Posted by king_katool

casual fans dont like rampage because hanging from chucks nuts

Yes, I think Liddell and Griffin have massive recognition among casual fans. Rampage's win over Hendo was meaningless to a lot of people, for much the same reason (to most UFC fans, Hendo is just a guy who lost twice).
Cdellorso
7/8/08 11:51:37AM
i dont hate him but most in my club do- for that reason probably - he dominated lytle - who is very popular in my club. Kos VS St. Pierre was a pretty good fight- better than Matts recently did.... its a wrestler controlling and not finishing thing i think...
jocka
7/8/08 11:55:36AM
I like Rampage but i had money on Forrest, possibly casual fan don't like Rampage cause he talks too much crap and sometimes says the stupidiest things.

I was listenning to the Griffin/Rampage interviews about a week before UFC 86 and my girlfriend (that knows nothing about MMA) though that Rampage was a jack@$$ and that Forrest was so likeable.

Jason-plata
7/8/08 12:08:34PM

Posted by king_katool

casual fans dont like rampage because hanging from chucks nuts [/QUHahahahahahaha that is hilarious... But correct..
I think that the general public doesnt like him cause he has a huge ego. Those casual people dont understand that he has all the reason to have this ego about things..
As for Koscheck, he is an ass, and everything people saw in the show was him and not alot of people liked it.
RMFG_187
7/8/08 12:11:43PM
I don't like Rampage, but I have a lot of respect for him. especially his post fight comments with Rog.

Rampage never has boring fights, always fights top competition, its just his attitude most don't like.

i.e. Wandy KO'd him twice, yet he still talks smack about i would kill wanderlei etc.

and of course the Chuck Nuthuggers know him as the @sshole who beat Chuck.

EDIT: With all that said, Rampage is still in the Top 5 Funniest MMA Personalities, behind Bas n Pellegrino.
JimiMak
7/8/08 12:40:22PM
I've never gotten it. I think it's mainly about him beating Chuck. At least that's it for the guys I've gotten to ask. I thought he was gonna be insanely popular when he came over, cuz he talks a lot but you can tell most of it's just in good humor.

I feel the opposite. Sak beating Gracie is what got me into him, Wandy destroying Sak (3x's at that) got me into him. When I build a fighter up in my mind and watch him get destroyed it makes me appreciate how good that guy is. Not everyone feels the same tho.
DonnieDarko
7/8/08 12:48:55PM
all my friends who are casual at best like rampage cause he is funny and he slams people that's it , I thought he was very well liked by most fans guess i was wrong.
Zekeil
7/8/08 12:53:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Fans do not like Kos because of his cocky attitude and arrogance.
He's said alot of ignorant things in the past and now you can tell he's trying to throw up a front that he's humble. Even though he's tries to be humble in the interviews like GSP, you can tell it's B.S.
GSP is a naturally humble guy, Kos is just naturally arrogant.
There's no hiding being an asshole.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/8/08 1:12:23PM
i like rampage also
emfleek
7/8/08 1:23:40PM

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by emfleek

Fans do not like Kos because of his cocky attitude and arrogance.
He's said alot of ignorant things in the past and now you can tell he's trying to throw up a front that he's humble. Even though he's tries to be humble in the interviews like GSP, you can tell it's B.S.
GSP is a naturally humble guy, Kos is just naturally arrogant.
There's no hiding being an asshole.

...and that's exactly how he was portrayed on TUF Season 1. Had he not been on the show, I guarantee he wouldn't be so disliked. The show introduces you to the personality of the fighter more than the actual skills of the fighter. People got to know his personality and that's why gonorrhea has more fans than he does.
tlangley
7/8/08 2:18:35PM
I like Rampage, he got me into mma
DiabloFreak56
7/8/08 3:33:57PM
idk i like rampage find him to be a great fighter and one of the funniest guys
emfleek
7/8/08 3:44:16PM
There's only one thing I don't like about Rampage...

..and that's the damned howling that he does during his entrance to the Octagon. Dumb.
oleg
7/8/08 3:50:36PM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

idk i like rampage find him to be a great fighter and one of the funniest guys

Rampage's humor is kind of stale IMO. BO jokes get old fast, it's like he tries too hard to be funny.
Pookie
7/8/08 3:57:02PM
To anybody that really doesnt like the guy, watch his fight with ninja.
bobbydoomocculta
7/8/08 8:51:19PM
I Think quinton is hillarious... Everybody I know loves him... Maybe it's an Australian thing...

Kos came out of TUF1 lookin like an ass... I'm over that... But alot of people aren't...
jakeiceman
7/8/08 11:21:25PM
Well I have been comfortably hanging from Liddells nuts for a long time and Jackson beating him had little to none to do with me disliking him. I disliked him because he comes off like he has no respect for anyone. He talks shit constantly, makes excuses, and is a loudmouth....now I say this in past tense for me anyway, because I do like to watch him fight now and his personality doesnt drive me to drowning myself anymore. Personally I prefer Liddell's laid back style over Jacksons, he doesnt talk crap, he says what he is going to do, and he usually does it and when he loses he never makes an excuse and merely says he wants another crack at them. Rampage talks shit about people he has had his ass handed to him by. People shouldnt like Rampage more because he is outspoken and Liddell is softspoken thats a stupid notion. Rampage is an awesome fighter, hell he beat my favorite fighter I can admit that. But he will NEVER be accepted by the majority of fans.