Anyone fancy an AV bet for 141?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Anyone fancy an AV bet for 141?
TCE
12/28/11 2:27:04AM
I'm new to the av betting so let me know how it works?? I've been here since 2007 though. But am willing to bet on any of these fights, here are my picks.

Lesnar
Cerrone
Fitch
Gustafsson
Phan
Pearson
Njokuani
Kim
Escudero
Riddle
Nunes
BeeR
12/28/11 8:03:36AM
Ill take volkman over efraine
emfleek
12/28/11 8:48:07AM
Avatar bets are pretty pointless when you don't post in the forums.
Chael_Sonnen
12/28/11 10:39:00AM

Posted by emfleek

Yup, I initially thought he was a new poster, not from 2007
pmoney
12/28/11 1:16:07PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by emfleek

Yup, I initially thought he was a new poster, not from 2007

Hey, maybe this formerly anonymous player will become a regular poster! I think I see an attempt in progress here.

Even if this cat lost his bet and never posted again (serious honor code no-no), thanks to the power of the AV bet record, you can still take personal pride in having claimed a new victim. Now if only we could see each other's av bet histories, as well as record....

Speaking of AV bet records, you getting yours grandfathered in Fleek? There has to be records of your avatar conquests in the ol' Playground posts.
emfleek
12/28/11 1:18:36PM

Posted by pmoney

Speaking of AV bet records, you getting yours grandfathered in Fleek? There has to be records of your avatar conquests in the ol' Playground posts.

Eh, doubt it. I'll just keep track with an "official" and an "un-official" record.
pmoney
12/28/11 1:37:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pmoney

Eh, doubt it. I'll just keep track with an "official" and an "un-official" record.

Sounds like it's time for a formal petition and some forum scouring! I'm on it
emfleek
12/28/11 1:46:17PM

Posted by pmoney

Ha...have fun.

pmoney
12/28/11 1:54:58PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pmoney

Ha...have fun.

Hey, there's only about 16,000 posts to sort through! If I search ten of your posts a day, it will only take me over four plus years to find your victims! Although.... Supposing you set up some bets through PM, that would still be an incomplete and unofficial list.... Goddamnit!

There must be a better way...

TCE
12/28/11 3:39:44PM
Nah I am going to become a forum regular now. Just requested a new camp, I was in a camp but hardly any of them ever came online. I feel this website is really good with the interactive MMA stuff.
TCE
12/28/11 3:47:51PM
Btw, can you guys give me a pointer how it works? Not to sound stupid or anything but the general concept is, I've just laid a bet with someone, I picked Lesnar, he picked Reem. If he loses do I have to make him an avatar? What sizes and what would you consider appropiate and inappropiate? Thanks.
emfleek
12/28/11 3:52:05PM

Posted by TCE

Btw, can you guys give me a pointer how it works? Not to sound stupid or anything but the general concept is, I've just laid a bet with someone, I picked Lesnar, he picked Reem. If he loses do I have to make him an avatar? What sizes and what would you consider appropiate and inappropiate? Thanks.

If Lesnar wins, he has control of your avatar (he can make one, find one on the internet, etc) until the next event.

The size really doesn't matter...it's automatically resized when you upload it. You just want to make sure that the image looks good when it's reduced.

As for what's appropriate and what's not...use your judgement, really. It has to be "Work Safe" meaning no nudity, profanity, etc. In short, nothing that would violate the site's rules.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

TCE
12/28/11 3:58:49PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by TCE

If Lesnar wins, he has control of your avatar (he can make one, find one on the internet, etc) until the next event.

The size really doesn't matter...it's automatically resized when you upload it. You just want to make sure that the image looks good when it's reduced.

As for what's appropriate and what's not...use your judgement, really. It has to be "Work Safe" meaning no nudity, profanity, etc. In short, nothing that would violate the site's rules.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Okay, thanks man. What happens if the other user doesn't use the avatar?
pmoney
12/28/11 9:49:44PM

Posted by TCE]

Okay, thanks man. What happens if the other user doesn't use the avatar?

That's the beauty part, they don't have a choice. When you win an avatar bet, go to the avatar bet section of the site. There will be a system that is exactly like how you would upload your own avatar. Just do a google image search and upload the avatar of your choosing!

Conversely, if you lose, you are locked out from uploading an avatar of your own until the lockout for the next event.
RhythmAndStyle
12/29/11 12:58:19AM
i'll take Ubereem, who's got Lesnar?..lets bet..
TCE
12/29/11 2:22:49AM
Thanks guys.
Drudinh
12/29/11 6:29:56AM
I've always honored av bets even without the setup