How long have you been a fan of ultimate fighting?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How long have you been a fan of ultimate fighting?
Next Page »
goatse
7/2/08 4:44:10PM
Ive been in to ultimate fighting for a few years now, and a lil bit when the first ultimate fighting championship came out. But then it dropped off and now its back. So how long have you been into ultimate fighting and do you think it will go away again?
emfleek
7/2/08 4:48:39PM
Not to bust your balls, but it drives me nuts when it's referred to as "ultimate fighting". No offense!

I've been a mixed martial arts (MMA) fan for probably 4 years now. I've ALWAYS had an interest but didn't start watching religiously until about 4 years ago.

As for your question about it going away...I don't think so. I think it's here to stay. It's only just begun, really.
MFOTHER
7/2/08 4:51:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Not to bust your balls, but it drives me nuts when it's referred to as "ultimate fighting". No offense!

I've been a mixed martial arts (MMA) fan for probably 4 years now. I've ALWAYS had an interest but didn't start watching religiously until about 4 years ago.

I hear you 100%..... it is called MMA
yeh been a fan for 4 years or so.......addicted for 2 years or so
goatse
7/2/08 4:53:55PM
NO

its called Ultimate fighting cause they started the idea. (see UFC 1) which at the time was just called the Ultimate Fighting Championship. if someone started the same tournament then they could rename it what they want. but they didnt
MFOTHER
7/2/08 4:56:35PM

Posted by goatse

NO

its called Ultimate fighting cause they started the idea. (see UFC 1) which at the time was just called the Ultimate Fighting Championship. if someone started the same tournament then they could rename it what they want. but they didnt

If you think UFC 1 was the first time a variety of martial arts was on display, you should just stop now.
juanez13
7/2/08 4:57:13PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by goatse

NO

If you think UFC 1 was the first time a variety of martial arts was on display, you should just stop now.

dude, dont even bother
MFOTHER
7/2/08 5:01:11PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by goatse

NO

dude, dont even bother

goodcall.

goatse, i am sure you would be very popular and find alot of friends here....
SHERDOG.COM
goatse
7/2/08 5:13:17PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by goatse

NO

Bloodsport was just a movie dude.
loller90278
7/2/08 5:13:55PM
someone ban this sherdog troll please
Figsak
7/2/08 5:24:49PM
Wow, the guy makes a thread trying to conversate with us, and everyone jumps down his throat for making a few improper statements. Picky picky... Who's the real trolls here?

ANNNNnnyways.

I've been a fan of MMA since appoximately '95 when Tank Abbott made his showing onto the UFC scene. I was a HUGE 14yr old Tank fan

I didn't start really getting into it and following fighters and stats till about '03 when I started catching Pride fights on the internet. I've been addicted ever since.

And MMA is on a rise that I don't think alot of ppl even fathom. I think In the next 5-7yrs is will take its place as the worlds most popular sport.
goatse
7/2/08 5:28:59PM

Posted by Figsak

Wow, the guy makes a thread trying to conversate with us, and everyone jumps down his throat for making a few improper statements. Picky picky... Who's the real trolls here?

and ive been getting beat up on since i joined here yesterday and all these " how dare you" pm's from the higher ups .... dont get it
Pookie
7/2/08 5:31:43PM

Posted by goatse

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by goatse

NO

Notice how out of your 36 posts, not one person has propped you and/or agreed with you on anything?

This is MMAplayground, not ultimatefightingplayground. It seems pretty obvious that youre just a troll, but just in the off chance that you are not... you might want to think more before you post something.
goatse
7/2/08 5:39:55PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by goatse

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by goatse

NO

Notice how out of your 36 posts, not one person has propped you and/or agreed with you on anything?

This is MMAplayground, not ultimatefightingplayground. It seems pretty obvious that youre just a troll, but just in the off chance that you are not... you might want to think more before you post something.

im a big boy and can make my own posts if someone doesnt agree then dont
postman
7/2/08 5:41:11PM

Posted by goatse

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by goatse

NO

Actually Frank Dux was a real person. While the movie was most likely not the most accurate account of his life the fact remains he was a real person. One of the Master instructors I train under was a Ranked NHB (no holds bared) fighter in the 1970's. Jeet Kune Do was created by the great Bruce Lee in his mind there was no one style that was the best way to fight. Pankration has been around for 100's of years.

All that being said one of the things I like about this site is if you are wrong like goatse was in this case, you get called out on it but not smashed to the ground for it. I guess your reaction to getting called out will effect the way you are treated.
zephead
7/2/08 5:44:02PM

Posted by goatse

Posted by Figsak

and ive been getting beat up on since i joined here yesterday and all these " how dare you" pm's from the higher ups .... dont get it

You've been getting "beatin up" because of the drivel you post. You don't get it and at the rate your going I don't think you ever will. This site is called MMAPlayground. The UFC is the Ultimate Fighting Championship. You then had Pride FC. You have King Of the Cage etc. etc. The sport is called MMA.

Some people should back away and just not respond to you. But you get back what you put in and you make a happen of going against the grain.
Pookie
7/2/08 5:44:43PM

Posted by goatse

Posted by Pookie

Posted by goatse

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by goatse

NO

im a big boy and can make my own posts if someone doesnt agree then dont

thats all fine and dandy, but dont go around telling people that there wrong when in fact its you who is.
chrismithers
7/2/08 6:01:00PM
ive been a fan of MMA for about 4 or 5 years now. My first fight i ever saw was matt hughes.

just every post with goaste ignore. he is just and attention whore. and by the way its MMA not Ultimate fighting.
EON
7/2/08 6:10:15PM

Posted by Figsak

ANNNNnnyways.

I've been a fan of MMA since appoximately '95 when Tank Abbott made his showing onto the UFC scene. I was a HUGE 14yr old Tank fan

I didn't start really getting into it and following fighters and stats till about '03 when I started catching Pride fights on the internet. I've been addicted ever since.

And MMA is on a rise that I don't think alot of ppl even fathom. I think In the next 5-7yrs is will take its place as the worlds most popular sport.

yeah your a lot better than this goatse person
teddythetuna
7/2/08 6:17:39PM
MMA for about 10-11 years. only got a show every blue moon because of where i grew up. Been watching religiously for about 5 years now.
Khaos
7/2/08 6:49:12PM
Since the TUF Finale(actually since TUF 1 episode 11)

Then the finale

I watched a lot of the fight nights

the first UFC PPV I ordered was UFC 66

I've watched every UFC event or show since then

I ordered every PPV since(Excluding 67,72,73)
MFOTHER
7/2/08 6:51:11PM

Posted by Khaos

Since the TUF Finale(actually since TUF 1 episode 11)

Then the finale

I watched a lot of the fight nights

the first UFC PPV I ordered was UFC 66

I've watched every UFC event or show since then

I ordered every PPV since(Excluding 67,72,73)

just out of curiosity why not those? didnt like the cards, or just other stuff goin on
JimiMak
7/2/08 6:51:29PM
long enuf to hate ppl who call it ultimate fighting
Ben_Hutch
7/2/08 7:23:09PM

Posted by goatse

Ive been in to ultimate fighting for a few years now,

Never post in here again.
Franklinfan47
7/2/08 7:31:38PM
I was one of the many pulled in by the first season of the ultimate fighter, ive been addicted ever since.
mrsmiley
7/2/08 9:20:20PM
Been watching since 93.I was in third grade when the first UFC happened,and a few months after the event happened a tape wondered into the hands of my dad.I remember my dad telling me before I watched it,"what you're about to watch is really fighting son.This isn't what you see in the Van Damme movies."

I was only in third grade and still remember that.I watched their first 5 with my dad,but after Royce left we kind of lost interest,until I herd of this new organization called PRIDE a few years later.

Between that time I stayed up on my BJJ knowledge though,and learned about guys like Mario Sperry and Wallid Ismail.
rowdy1
7/2/08 9:21:36PM
5 minutes...hahahahah..
ufcboss
7/2/08 10:36:42PM

Posted by Figsak

Cmon guys, He is no troll he just doesnt know shit yet! When I first joined here I knew F all, Chuck Liddell was the greatest and who was that Fedor guy? or even what was MMA? But now I know most things but I am still learning!!!

Just, Lets not be so quick to everone who messes up a little! Same with double posts, Its like who can post "already posted" 1st! I think its funny!

And... I have been a fan of ultimate fighting since the 1st ultimate fighter!

king_katool
7/2/08 10:55:54PM
is it just me or has anyone else noticed we have like 5 new members who create threads every 30 mins .... over the past couple days ive see such threads as, wandy is overrated() How long have you been a fan of ultimate fighting? again (), most/least this/that, come on i know im not the only one to pick up on this, o and ive been a fan of ultimate fighting for about 8 years and been watching it for about 4 yrs
Pookie
7/2/08 10:59:28PM

Posted by king_katool

is it just me or has anyone else noticed we have like 5 new members who create threads every 30 mins .... over the past couple days ive see such threads as, wandy is overrated() How long have you been a fan of ultimate fighting? again (), most/least this/that, come on i know im not the only one to pick up on this, o and ive been a fan of ultimate fighting for about 8 years and been watching it for about 4 yrs

yeah i noticed too but one of the posters has been around since like the beginning of this site so its probably just a coincidence rather than duplicate accounts.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/2/08 11:09:30PM
dont feed the trolls .
Pages: [1] 2