Mr. T Is Not a Fan of the New 'A-Team'

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Mr. T Is Not a Fan of the New 'A-Team'
postman
6/8/10 12:58:43PM
The most famous star of the original "The A-Team" TV series is speaking out against the new movie remake. Mr. T, who played B.A. Baracus on the original series, says he was offered a cameo in the new film. However, he turned it down because he says he "knew what was coming" -- a level of violence and sex unacceptable to the actor and, he says, untrue to the original vision of the show.

Yahoo!
Jackelope
6/8/10 1:12:29PM
I was watching an old re-run of the A-Team just a few weeks ago.

This car busted into an auditorium and the A-Team started lighting it up with AK-47's and M-16's before the people in it started shooting or even got out of the car

On top of that, in the same episode Face was blatantly trying to bang this chick but she said she wouldn't do anything unless they were officially "together" and he had to prove himself first.

More power to Mr. T for backing his morals and proving it by turning down basically free money, but I'm not buying that the A-Team was never about violence or sex.
Taylor8766
6/8/10 1:40:54PM
Ya I heard that on the radio, apparently he said that there was too much violence and too many people were killed in the movie.

Funny I never pictured Mr.T for the sensitive type.
DCRage
6/8/10 2:57:29PM
I pity the fool who hasn't seen his reality show, I Pity The Fool! He may not act like it but Mr. T is quite sensitive as well, fool!
BlueSkiesBurn
6/8/10 4:24:54PM
From what I have heard, Mr. T actually liked the screening when he saw it and then changed his mind.

That being said, I know that Dirk Benedict was less than pleased with his "appearance" in the film so maybe Mr. T knew something the rest of the cast didn't.
tcunningham
6/8/10 5:06:53PM
mr t needs to get over it. this one movie will probably bring in more money than he ever made in the whole time he was BA baracus. i never liked that guy. and whats with the mohawk granade? i guess you gotta play the game or something.
DCRage
6/8/10 5:19:39PM
It's from WoW (World Of Warcraft). He's Mr. T and he's a Knight Elf Mohawk. What's Your Game? Those are/were great commercials, they also did them with Ozzy Osbourne & Captain Kirk (William Shatner). The grenades were from some sort of promo they did.
Gogoplatapus
6/8/10 5:48:29PM
I bet if the producers cut him a 5K cheque he'd be singing a different tune. Probably $2500.
CanadianCripplr
6/8/10 6:53:39PM
Its Night Elf, btw.
In the old A team show it was `always funny how they were spraying bullets everywhere but the makers always defended the show saying nobody ever got shot. They never showed someone die from gunshots., maybe the explosions the bullet to the gas tank caused.....
jae_1833
6/8/10 7:58:23PM
I think the movie is most likely a stinker and won't watch it....I would put it in the same category as:
The league of extraordinary gentlemen
gi joe
incredible hulk
daredevil
and that new cowboy flick coming out
Pointless action films with very little thought involved in the plot or characters and too much into the special effects causing the masses of sheep to endlessly spend their money searching for cheap thrills and entertainment.
bojangalz
6/8/10 8:27:12PM

Posted by jae_1833
Pointless action films with very little thought involved in the plot or characters and too much into the special effects causing the masses of sheep to endlessly spend their money searching for cheap thrills and entertainment.

Careful now... This is a meat head crowd you're preachin' too here. I'll be the first to admit that when I go to a movie I don't have any desire whatsoever to be "moved" by the plot. I have absolutely no problem sitting through gratuitous violence for the sake of entertainment. Frankly that's all I really need in a film. I'm not going to complain at all if you can throw a plot in there as well, but it's not a necessity. Action films arn't all that I like, but it beats the hell out of a chick flick any day.

With that said, I don't have any interest in this film. The promos make it look like crap. I don't take much time out of my life for cinema in the first place and this one isn't going to get me into a theater or get a viewing from my living room.

I may have a peek at The Expendables later this summer though. Stallone's last Rambo movie was every bit as good as the first three and it's pretty clear he still knows how to pull a film together. That big of a cast for a blockbuster action film usually spells disaster but I'll probably lay down eight bucks to see the train wreck.

edit: as an aside- I've never seen any of those movies in your list. But as long as they don't take place in outer space, have super heros, or a sci-fi twist I generally can sit through it.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/8/10 9:12:53PM
I actually have a funny story about G.I. Joe.

My sister was watching it with me and a group of friends and that scene where they are talking about selling the nanomites on the black market came on.

So, my sister being the genius she is, pauses the movie, and I swear to god, says "OKAY, I'M SICK OF THIS!! Everyone keeps talking about the 'black market,' I've looked it up online and checked around town, WHERE IS IT AT? I can't find it anywhere"
marcoDGK
6/9/10 12:44:24AM
I knew I wasn't going to watch it when Dana White and Arianny Celeste said 'it was awesome' or something like that on twitter.
MMA_Alex
6/9/10 9:51:27AM

Posted by jae_1833

I think the movie is most likely a stinker and won't watch it....I would put it in the same category as:
The league of extraordinary gentlemen
gi joe
incredible hulk
daredevil
and that new cowboy flick coming out

From what I remember, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was not bad.

Also, I'm assuming the Incredible Hulk you are talking about is not the Marvel one, which was totally awesome.
jae_1833
6/10/10 7:24:33PM
I' just saying it looks like one of those action flicks that are "teen friendly". I like them a little bit better (3:10 to Yuma, Boondock Saints, The Way of the Gun).