Fallout 3: post-apocalyptic fun n' games

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fallout 3: post-apocalyptic fun n' games
AchillesHeel
10/29/08 3:31:56PM
I got this game from Amazon yesterday. I can see myself staying up late tonight. And tomorrow night, and Friday night, and...

The trailer.
The official site.

A tip for new players: Save your game right before you leave the Vault. When you hit the exit, you're given the chance to completely redesign your character without doing the tutorial again.

dannyfrank
10/29/08 4:57:48PM
i havent played fallout, but im currently addicted to FAR CRY 2

this game is RAW!!

sick nasty

also, this game has the sickest flamethrower ever!
bojangalz
10/29/08 5:19:44PM
I really wish I still had time for video games. I'm not huge into RPG's but I probably would have given Fallout 3 a shot. Gears 2 looks sick as hell too! But sadly, I'll probably miss that one as well.

There are so many games in the last year or two that I'll probably never get around to: COD4, Assissin's Creed, Rainbow Six... Although, I was able to squeeze in enough time to finish Bioshock a few months back. Probably the most addicting game I've ever played, they should have just titled it Electronic Crack.

Ah the days of no children, and only one job...Those were the good ol' days.
The_Metal_Maniac
10/29/08 7:16:46PM
I'm buying this game Saturday. I'm currently addicted to Dead Space.
Aaronno9
10/29/08 7:34:55PM
Its not out in the u.k yet but im hoping my preorder arrives tomorow. Although it will lead to me missing uni for the rest of the week.
dannyfrank
10/29/08 7:59:10PM

Posted by bojangalz

I really wish I still had time for video games. I'm not huge into RPG's but I probably would have given Fallout 3 a shot. Gears 2 looks sick as hell too! But sadly, I'll probably miss that one as well.

There are so many games in the last year or two that I'll probably never get around to: COD4, Assissin's Creed, Rainbow Six... Although, I was able to squeeze in enough time to finish Bioshock a few months back. Probably the most addicting game I've ever played, they should have just titled it Electronic Crack.

dont worry about missing assassins creed. that game sucked
iwannabesedated
10/29/08 8:23:20PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by bojangalz

dont worry about missing assassins creed. that game sucked

I thought Assasins Creed was much better than Bioshock.Although AC was pretty repetative
shiz-nitzel
10/29/08 8:50:10PM
What sort of style is this game? I hear It's going to be good but i have never played a fallout
Aaronno9
10/29/08 9:03:35PM

Posted by shiz-nitzel

What sort of style is this game? I hear It's going to be good but i have never played a fallout

Its going to be an action rpg. Kinda like mass effect, or oblivion but with guns instead of swords.
shiz-nitzel
10/29/08 9:11:21PM
Mass effect got boring, will this get boring?

sounds good. can you shoot prostitutes?
SpiderSilva
10/29/08 9:12:04PM

Posted by bojangalz

I here ya bro does your wife complain when you play for a while mine does that shit all the time so its life without games well most of the time
shiz-nitzel
10/29/08 9:14:56PM
just say "woman I don't complain when you do your cooking, cleaning and other housework! so dont complain about me and my games"
bojangalz
10/29/08 9:17:32PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I here ya bro does your wife complain when you play for a while mine does that shit all the time so its life without games well most of the time

Nope- It's not the wife at all...She doesn't mind if I sit an play a game once in a while. It's the fact that I'm working like four jobs, and have two young kids and one TV. There's no time or space for me to play, the X360 makes a great dvd player for barbie movies though!
holt8081
10/30/08 2:17:19AM
hell ya I will be getting Fallout 3 soon as well as Fable 2
AchillesHeel
10/30/08 9:51:31AM

Posted by dannyfrank

i havent played fallout, but im currently addicted to FAR CRY 2

Then you might like Fallout 3. It has a similar open-world design.

Posted by dannyfrank

also, this game has the sickest flamethrower ever!

Fallout 3 has nukes.

Posted by roncomanjason

Yeah, that's another one I want to try.

Posted by shiz-nitzel

can you shoot prostitutes?

You can shoot anyone you want. You get "Karma" for your actions; I assume that murdering people would be "bad karma", but I don't know what happens if you're a jerk (I'm playing a good-guy my first time through the game).

The game also has targetable hit locations and slow-motion replays of your kills.

Last night I was fighting a guy who was wearing a welder's mask and body armor that my 10mm handgun couldn't penetrate, so I blew his right knee out from under him. I also blew up a psycho biker babe with a Claymore made from a kid's lunchbox and some nails. Hey, she started it...

gsquat
10/30/08 9:56:17AM

Posted by roncomanjason

I'm currently an asshole and addicted to nothing. I can find nothing to satisfy my craving. My friend just pick up Fallout and is singing its praises. I'll probably try it, but I'm not sure it'll be what I'm looking for.
shiz-nitzel
10/30/08 9:57:21AM
OMG i need this game.

can you kill latino prostitutes? with a homemade tank?
AchillesHeel
10/30/08 10:07:31AM

Posted by shiz-nitzel

OMG i need this game.

can you kill latino prostitutes? with a homemade tank?

The only hooker I've met so far was White. No homemade tanks yet, but I've only just started.

Posted by AchillesHeel

Fallout 3 has nukes.

Boom.
dannyfrank
10/30/08 8:23:05PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

You can shoot anyone you want. You get "Karma" for your actions; I assume that murdering people would be "bad karma", but I don't know what happens if you're a jerk (I'm playing a good-guy my first time through the game).

i play a good person in real life. that's why i like to turn into a murdering SOB when i play video games. nothin' quite like sittin' down in the la-z-boy and poppin' some caps in someone's ass
AchillesHeel
11/3/08 9:57:44AM
I got some Brotherhood of Steel powered armor, a minigun, and the "Fat Man" mini-nuke launcher over the weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to use the armor and I'm so inaccurate with the minigun it's nearly useless. I have to work on my "Big Guns" skill. What I really want is the "Rock-It Launcher", but I don't have the bottlecaps to buy the schematic. I have an addiction to Jet and Talon Company mercenaries on my ass. I'm such a "goody 2-shoes" that people are walking up to me on the street and giving me ammo and packs of Rad-X and a merc in a bar refused to work with me (my Karma level is up to "Ranger of the Wastes").

Incidentally, I thought that stripping a fallen Brotherhood knight of his armor would make them attack you or something, but they didn't seem to care. I even have the guy's dog tags, and none of the Paladins I've met have wanted them. This game does extremely well in terms of internal consistency, but there are some places where it falls on its face. The bodies of everyone I've killed are still lying around too, in pristine condition. The first guy I gunned down is still lying on the floor of the saloon where I left him, like a week later. He must smell pretty bad by now.

I also wish you could save or replay the V.A.T.S. action. I got surprised by a Raider while I had my sniper rifle equipped (this is why snipers operate in pairs, I guess) and shot him at a range of about 5 feet. His head exploded and his body leaped 3 feet into the air and cartwheeled over backwards, spraying blood in a big arc, all in slow motion. It was so disgusting, I'm still laughing about it. I wish I could have gotten a screen-shot or something.
Aaronno9
11/3/08 10:42:51AM
I finished the game last night, and i wont spoil the ending, but i have to say its pretty lame. Also, if you get the super mutant following you around helping, it makes it one of the stupidest endings ever. Still, the game itself was good, i just rebooted my last save and im doing a few more side quests now, but when i have more time im going to be an evil character and blow the shit out of that town. Should be fun!
AchillesHeel
11/3/08 11:58:54AM

Posted by Aaronno9

when i have more time im going to be an evil character and blow the shit out of that town.

Heh. Yeah, me too. Poor town. Serves 'em right, though. I mean, seriously... What a dumb place to build a town...
Lord_Lenny
11/4/08 9:58:43PM
damn. I finally pried myself away from this game and this thread reminded me of it, now i have to go play it until 6am again.
Aaronno9
11/11/08 8:51:24PM
I just ruined my game, i got a key for the armoury in megaton, went in and got attacked by some security bot which my ally killed. Then he went outside, and proceeded to kill every single megaton resident. Well, he might not of got em all yet, but hes finishing em off as we speak.

Lame.
haggiswashere
11/12/08 3:37:11AM

Posted by holt8081

hell ya I will be getting Fallout 3 soon as well as Fable 2

I heard fable 2 was weird. had guns....