Fake RIP Morgan Freeman Report on Twitter

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fake RIP Morgan Freeman Report on Twitter
BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 5:21:23PM
CNN Twitter just had this to say.

BryanDFischer Damn. RIP, we have lost a great one. RT @CNN: Breaking News: actor Morgan Freeman has passed away in his Burbank home

This really sucks. I'll miss your Morgan Freeman, nose and all.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 5:25:04PM
Mods, please delete. Someone has apparently hacked CNN's twitter feed.
RyanC
12/16/10 5:31:09PM
That almost ruined my f'ing day.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 5:33:23PM
Yeah, beyond the lamest hoax and prank ever. It even fooled major media outlets.
Taylor8766
12/16/10 5:37:18PM
Holy ****, this better not be real, and whoever put this up is a complete asshole to the tee.
RyanC
12/16/10 5:41:22PM
I hope anyone this person tells about doing this kicks them squarely in the nuts.
grappler0000
12/16/10 5:47:00PM
So glad it isn't real...my heart sank when I saw the title. You might want to alter the title until the thread gets deleted.
RyanC
12/16/10 5:48:23PM

Posted by grappler0000

So glad it isn't real...my heart sank when I saw the title. You might want to alter the title until the thread gets deleted.

Josh is too busy in his war of words with Michelle Beadle.
State_Champ
12/16/10 5:49:58PM
WHOA!
I'm glad this isn't real.
I'm so glad this isn't real.
I'm gonna have nightmares about a Freeman-less world now.....
The_B_H
12/16/10 5:53:38PM
F*ck I'm relieved this isnt true!!!!!
DCRage
12/16/10 5:55:57PM
Twitter is now on the level of Wikipedia when it comes to credibility. And I haven't seen anything about this anywhere else so it appears to be false. The only person CNN is saying goodbye to today is Larry King.
Mayhem13
12/16/10 5:59:22PM
phew...that scared me for a minute.

and on the Topic of Morgan Freeman...I give you the best impression of him ever done.

MORGAN FREEMAN!
BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 6:10:04PM

Posted by DCRage

Twitter is now on the level of Wikipedia when it comes to credibility. And I haven't seen anything about this anywhere else so it appears to be false. The only person CNN is saying goodbye to today is Larry King.

Hardly true at all. I've gotten the break on major sports new before half the country even knew about it.

Had the PG not gone down, I would have been the first person to post that Lee signed with the Phillies. Almost 45 minutes before ESPN even got ahold of the story. Same with Will Muschamp to Florida. Twitter is WAY more reliable than Wikipedia.
grappler0000
12/16/10 6:46:03PM

Posted by DCRage

Twitter is now on the level of Wikipedia when it comes to credibility.

Really hard to compare the two. The credibility is really determined by the source itself. And there are plenty of reliable sources on Twitter. On the other hand, Wikipedia is semi-anonymous. So although they do have their checks and balances in place, there's plenty of BS that slips through the cracks, at least temporarily. You're never gonna be completely void of hacks to any system in place, so you just have to factor that into the equation. If this sort of thing was a common occurrence, I'd agree, but to my knowledge it is not. So, I definitely wouldn't compare a valid news source, because of their chosen medium, to a social aggregate of information.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 6:54:29PM
I would actually argue that Twitter, while there's always going to be premature reports, is the fastest and most reliable way to get information. SportsCenter, CNN, etc.. cannot keep up with instant reports as it is happening.
RyanC
12/16/10 6:57:30PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn
SportsCenter, CNN, etc.. cannot keep up with instant reports as it is happening.

They also cannot be used to argue with TV personalities.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 7:13:43PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn
SportsCenter, CNN, etc.. cannot keep up with instant reports as it is happening.

They also cannot be used to argue with TV personalities.

BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 7:36:58PM
At last, we have found the man who killed Morgan Freeman on Twitter.

RT @richarddeitsch: RT @fmanjoo I found the guy who killed off Morgan Freeman on Twitter: http://slate.me/eqiPol

Link to Story

If you have twitter, send him hate tweets! Also, if you can, drop @ESPN_Michelle an unkind word or two.
Chael_Sonnen
12/16/10 7:50:13PM

Posted by State_Champ

WHOA!
I'm glad this isn't real.
I'm so glad this isn't real.
I'm gonna have nightmares about a Freeman-less world now.....

One of the all-time greats.