I failed my permit test...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I failed my permit test...
fedorwins1
5/19/07 12:17:20PM
I'm so mad at myself right now, I studied every sign and everything everyone was telling me to study. When I go to take the test, it was all you do this except when? questions. It came down to the last question and I had no clue what the answer was so I winged it and of course it was wrong. Ahhhh I'm so mad.Has anyone else failed their test and how many times did you fail?
Fanboy 1988
5/19/07 2:37:21PM
When I took my drivers test the first time I failed, it's no big deal, just study hard and kick some ass
Svartorm
5/20/07 1:47:52AM

Posted by fedorwins1

I'm so mad at myself right now, I studied every sign and everything everyone was telling me to study. When I go to take the test, it was all you do this except when? questions. It came down to the last question and I had no clue what the answer was so I winged it and of course it was wrong. Ahhhh I'm so mad.Has anyone else failed their test and how many times did you fail?

I got my licence about two weeks ago, and got a 100 on the written and a 92 on the driving. The test is common sense, but its worded oddly so you just have to make sure you pay attention to the questions. I fully admit that it was a complete fluke I passed the driving test though.
mkiv9secsupra
5/20/07 2:08:32AM
i got my license 4 years ago and now i havent driven in three years........ ADVICE: DONT SPEED
loller90278
5/20/07 3:05:07AM
i didn't even study for the permit test, nor go to driving school (russian connections) and i missed none.. it was basically common sense.. i missed two points on the drivin exam tho >.<

bah my check engine light came on today..
fedorwins1
5/20/07 1:38:27PM
Wow guys thanks for not making me feel worse.... I got an A in drivers ed. but the questions were worded really weird, the question I had to answer to pass was, what kind of a sign is a stop sign? A.) Regulatory B.)Guide C.) Hazard D.) Warning. I had no clue what a regulatory sign is so I thought it might be a warning sign. Seriously, why do you need to know what kind of a sign a stop sign is? That's not important to know when driving........ I got a bunch of stupid questions. I'm going back on Friday to try again.
madmarck
5/20/07 3:07:24PM
Permit test = Crap
Most of the people i know have failed it at least once (mysefl included).
But they also mostly pass their driving exam first try.
Svartorm
5/20/07 5:34:14PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Wow guys thanks for not making me feel worse.... I got an A in drivers ed. but the questions were worded really weird, the question I had to answer to pass was, what kind of a sign is a stop sign? A.) Regulatory B.)Guide C.) Hazard D.) Warning. I had no clue what a regulatory sign is so I thought it might be a warning sign. Seriously, why do you need to know what kind of a sign a stop sign is? That's not important to know when driving........ I got a bunch of stupid questions. I'm going back on Friday to try again.

Yeah, thats the plus side. At least in NH, you can go back every 24 hours until you pass. Doesn't make you feel too safe knowing that though. We have an inbred family that lives next to where I work, and one of their ilk got his licence after taking the driving test six times.
fedorwins1
5/20/07 5:56:36PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by fedorwins1

Yeah, thats the plus side. At least in NH, you can go back every 24 hours until you pass. Doesn't make you feel too safe knowing that though. We have an inbred family that lives next to where I work, and one of their ilk got his licence after taking the driving test six times.

You can go the next day in PA also but I don't have school on Friday so I'll go then and it's not open on Sundays so I couldn't go today.
rameydl8
5/20/07 11:16:01PM
i didnt study and i passed...but one of my friends failed twice
Rush
5/20/07 11:40:31PM
I failed my learner's permit test twice before I passed and I almost failed my road test.

All my friends aced their written and road tests.

However, I am the only person out of my circle of friends that has not been in an accident and/or had a number of big time speeding tickets. Oh and I'm doing my PhD in medicine right now so It's not like I'm bad in school or anything.

Don't let it get you down man.
Infused
5/21/07 4:58:24PM
It took me two tries to get my G1 (You can drive with someone who had their licence for 3 years or more)

I got 100% on sign identification and then I got 5 wrong on the questions (can only get 4 wrong per test)

The second time I only got one wrong, and in two weeks I go for my G2 (you can drive alone with minor restrictions)
Rush
5/22/07 10:42:32AM

Posted by Infused

It took me two tries to get my G1 (You can drive with someone who had their licence for 3 years or more)

I got 100% on sign identification and then I got 5 wrong on the questions (can only get 4 wrong per test)

The second time I only got one wrong, and in two weeks I go for my G2 (you can drive alone with minor restrictions)

I'm glad I missed graduated licencing.

I heard a rumour that you almost certainly fail your first road test (for G2 I think). The examiner told my cousin that she wasn't going to pass about half way through the test eventhough she didn't do anything wrong. She confirmed this and stopped the car. She told the examiner to get out and walk back to the Ministry of Transportation on their own.

Nice way to handle it I think.
Infused
5/22/07 1:03:26PM

Posted by Rush

I'm glad I missed graduated licencing.

I heard a rumour that you almost certainly fail your first road test (for G2 I think). The examiner told my cousin that she wasn't going to pass about half way through the test eventhough she didn't do anything wrong. She confirmed this and stopped the car. She told the examiner to get out and walk back to the Ministry of Transportation on their own.

Nice way to handle it I think.

Thats ridiculous :P I think I would have done the same thing in his situation though.

As for people always failing, thats definatly not how it is here. One of my friends took the test while he was still drunk (his 19th birthday was the night before, and here in Ontario you can drink at 19) and he still passed it. I know lots of other people who are horrible at driving and still passed it though. Sucks for the people that get failed for shitty reasons though :P
ManBeast
5/22/07 3:36:22PM
yeah the driver's test is not something you should stress about too much, really just use some common sense or at the very least context clues.

I passed mine the first time and I only studied whenever I felt like it, I mostly reatained everything from class, drivers test was a little bit more difficult ( if you are the nervous type) but I did fine on it as well.

then again im from texas so maybe our tests are simpler...dunno
Ydoc
5/22/07 4:46:24PM
I passed on my first try, but I'm the type to get really nervous and worked up about something only to do well in the end. On the written the machine was real outdated. You went to this picture slide machine, and are given certain sitituations and signs... and you learn if you got it right or wrong right away by green or red light glowing. This one picture showed these guys in 70's garb (brown vests, tie dye shirts, and headbands) going towards the car with open beers and one guy passed out on the grass, the question it asked was if these people should operate an automobile.

The driven test was some where else, located off a busy expressway. I was real scared, but when she directed me to go on these back roads it went a lot smoother. Sure there was a million stop signs and a train crossing but it was a lot easier than the other.
pv3Hpv3p
5/22/07 4:48:02PM
Don't worry about it, man... Some people pass and some people fail... I passed, but I only think it's because I'm oddly lucky when it comes to standardized testing... I think I'm just good at guessing...

Just keep at it, in a couple of days/weeks/months after all is said and done you'll be cruisin around and never think about it again.
fedorwins1
5/22/07 6:19:41PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Don't worry about it, man... Some people pass and some people fail... I passed, but I only think it's because I'm oddly lucky when it comes to standardized testing... I think I'm just good at guessing...

Just keep at it, in a couple of days/weeks/months after all is said and done you'll be cruisin around and never think about it again.

Thanks man, almost everyone that I've talked to has said that they failed their first time, four of my friends also went to take the test also, and they all failed, I don't feel so bad now lol.
disorderlyvision
6/3/07 9:09:41PM
fedorwins1
6/4/07 5:42:54PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

....hmmm.....ur an idiot. It's not like I'm dumb or anything, I have a 3.85 gpa and got an A in drivers ed. I took it again and didn't get any answers wrong, I guess I just got stuck with a really hard test the first time, because this was simple stuff a 10 year old could pass it.
disorderlyvision
6/4/07 10:22:16PM
fedorwins1
6/5/07 1:19:52PM

I LOVE YOU!!!!
disorderlyvision
6/5/07 2:23:18PM
LOL. awwww. i feel special now.

on a side note i was just messin with ya, didn't think you would take it all personal. anyways, good luck and congrats if you have sinced passed.
fedorwins1
6/5/07 2:31:02PM

LOL. awwww. i feel special now.

on a side note i was just messin with ya, didn't think you would take it all personal. anyways, good luck and congrats if you have sinced passed.

haha i wasn't taking it too personal